PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige vs LM Radical Tour

Jim Dolan
07-05-2005, 06:20 AM
I demo'd and liked the LM Prestige, but it is priced approx $70 more than the LM Radical Tour, which has similar specs except for .4 ounces more weight. HAs anyone played with or demo'd both of these sticks? Is there a big difference in the weight and playability? I usually like to buy two sticks at a time and $400 is a bit steep for me. Would the LM RAdical Tour be a worthwhile option? Let me know.

nViATi
07-05-2005, 07:03 AM
I am not sure about the radical tour but the normal lm radical feels nothing like the lm prestige. demo them

RacquetDoctor
07-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Look around Jim...The LM prestige mid and MP can be had for the $135 range without resorting to ****...

Return_Ace
07-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Well personally i feel there is a difference between the two rackets, the Prestige is as you say more heavy but you can feel it, the Radical is less heavy and feels more light (states the obvious but its hard to describe - the radical feels light heavy, like manouverable, whilst the prestige feels heavy normal, like hefty and still manouverable)

Also the radicals feel is slightly more softer whereas the Prestige feels solid. I personally prefer the Prestige and am probably going for a mid, but have played a lot with the MP. I hit with the radical once but it was enough to settle on the Prestige...........hope this helps

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

fantom
07-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Return_Ace, The original post was referring to the LM Radical Tour, not the LM Radical Midplus. Sounds like you were referring to the non-tour version.

I have hit with both the LM Radical Tour and the LM Prestige MP. Personally, I liked the feel of the Radical much better. It felt a little crisper for some reason (could very well have been the string job).

It does feel heavier than the Prestige also from a static weight perspective.

Return_Ace
07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Return_Ace, The original post was referring to the LM Radical Tour, not the LM Radical Midplus. Sounds like you were referring to the non-tour version

I know that its about the Rad Tour, does its actually sound like like I'm referring to the MP? I've played with the MP and the Tour, but i meant the Tour in there.

The only place i can said MP was in the Prestige section, I meant Prestige MP.......

scez
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
RacquetDoctor, where have you found the lm prestige for $135? I have found it at $150, hard racquet to find cheap.

sedwickdotcom
07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
LM prestige is a sweet racket, but so is the radical. demo them and go for feel

esrb
07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
RacquetDoctor, where have you found the lm prestige for $135? I have found it at $150, hard racquet to find cheap.

Well...now, after a LOT of time, i got my second LM Prestige mid for $80.oo (sorry TW) at ****, from a lady who sold all his husband´s stuff NEW...