PDA

View Full Version : New Prince EXO3 graphite J series

dkt
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Anyone have an idea when these will be available in the US?
http://prince.globeride.co.jp/products/rackets/exo3typej/images/exo3gr100s/g100sp1.jpg

TopspinAce
08-13-2011, 06:21 PM
that's a very amazing design no idea but great link

kimguroo
08-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Anyone have an idea when these will be available in the US?
http://prince.globeride.co.jp/products/rackets/exo3typej/images/exo3gr100s/g100sp1.jpg

I don't think it will be available in US.
Prince rarely bring Japanese spec rackets to US.
Japanese rebel 105 is finally available in Europe and it took three years after Japanese rebel were introduced in 2008 and not sure that prince will release it in US market.

Sometimes, I don't understand their marketing plan.

tata
08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
oh wow it looks really sweet. They really should try change the grip to something black or white than the dam leather colour. But the beam looks thicker. If you think it's bad that from things never make it to the US, things are worse here in Australia due to our smaller market size. Some companies don't think its worthwhile releasing certain things here.....like a size 5 handle.

dkt
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
When I saw so many of the new US Prince models go on sale, I assumed they may be making room for new Models. However it could be just a response to our floundering US economy.

edman9898
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
That is a SWEET paintjob! What are the specs on this? I may not want to know though, I am loving my Tour's.

kimguroo
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
If you think it's bad that from things never make it to the US, things are worse here in Australia due to our smaller market size. Some companies don't think its worthwhile releasing certain things here.....like a size 5 handle.

I am not 100% sure but distributors usually choose what racket they will import. Also most of Asian spec rackets has small grip sizes. I think biggest one is 4 1/2. distributors often choose to import 4 1/4 size for certain rackets.

themitchmann
08-14-2011, 02:01 AM
The Type J frames have been out for a while. They are not coming to the US market.

There will be some new frames launching in 2012, including the updated Rebel.

Black Knight
08-14-2011, 04:40 AM
I've been hitting with this racquet over the last week and its been an interesting re introduction to the prince line after many years. It is gutless with no pace on the ball so wouldn't be fun if your weekend hit involves a bit of puddle tennis. Like the Rebel 95, if you aren't scared to hit out, the rebound and control you get for your shots is really something. Compared to the Wilsons I have been using, it is much easier to control depth with this racquet.
Paint job looks better with each day, although I kind of like the green job done on the US model (earlier release here) EXO graphite.

I am hitting with the 100sq inch model at the mo, so would be interested to see how it compares with the 93. Compared to the Rebel 95, it seems to lack a little of the 'ping' on both strokes and serves, but then again, there were times with the Rebel when you could get a little too carried away and miss by a few more inches. I am going to brave the 38 degree heat tomorrow and give it a few more hours. The 28000 yen (300 US dollar) price tag is a bit painful though.

Maybe if I chip the paint a bit, they'll throw off some yen??

dkt
08-14-2011, 05:09 AM
So, Black KnightI have a question. Would you describe the J series 100s as being a closer relative to the old POGs or the new Tours? ...and as a followup what about the weight? Lighter than POG or about the same. Thanks for your insight!

Black Knight
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi DKT,

I've never experienced the old POGs. Their reputation as a true players stick (and their price back in the day) meant I never got the chance. They were supposed to weigh in at around 350gs or so, so the new Exo is definitely a bit lighter at around 320. The nice thing was that you don't actually feel the weight so much because of the open string port design and the the fact that the weight is distributed more in the handle area. It is pretty whippy. However I just came back from a hit on a slow synthetic grass court after having played last week on faster hard courts and found it a bit less forgiving with the slower ball. Seems really solid when you time it right on a ball with pace, but needs much more work on the slower grass.
Still looking at the paint job though so that could also explain the mis-timed shots!