PDA

View Full Version : Ig instinct vs. Youtek radical mp

EKnee08
08-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi guys:
I have been hearing abit about the new Instinct. Yes, I know the ig radical is not out yet but how does the new instinct compare to the current radical.

gamerx52986
08-15-2011, 06:17 AM
I actually play with the Youtek Radical and just had a demo this weekend with the new Instinct. Compared to a stock radical, the instinct feels a little crisper and a little more stable. Power came easily yet was very easy to control. I only had to make a few adjustments to my swing to control the power. However I have added lead to my radical at 3&9 so its more stable than it was stock. I can hit with enough pace and my control is really good. So while I liked the instinct, I cannot see it adding anything to my game that the radical doesn't already do. I'll just wait for the ig version of the radical.

EKnee08
08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I actually play with the Youtek Radical and just had a demo this weekend with the new Instinct. Compared to a stock radical, the instinct feels a little crisper and a little more stable. Power came easily yet was very easy to control. I only had to make a few adjustments to my swing to control the power. However I have added lead to my radical at 3&9 so its more stable than it was stock. I can hit with enough pace and my control is really good. So while I liked the instinct, I cannot see it adding anything to my game that the radical doesn't already do. I'll just wait for the ig version of the radical.

Thanks, gamer. I too use customized Radicals. Mine done professionally so the weight is similar to Prestige. The question also is, what if you customized the Instinct to specs of customized Radical/ stock Prestige.

By the way, when the new Rads come out it will be difficult to determine if purchasing new Rads will be worthwhile since I will be comparing apples to oranges- stock IG Rad to customized Youtek.

gamerx52986
08-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks, gamer. I too use customized Radicals. Mine done professionally so the weight is similar to Prestige. The question also is, what if you customized the Instinct to specs of customized Radical/ stock Prestige.

By the way, when the new Rads come out it will be difficult to determine if purchasing new Rads will be worthwhile since I will be comparing apples to oranges- stock IG Rad to customized Youtek.

I've already seen people in the IG Instinct review thread say they've added lead to the frame and it plays great. Still for myself at least I can't see the frame adding enough to my game to warrant a purchase. Now when the IG Radical launches I'm definitely doing a demo. If its similar to what happened to the new Speed over the original, we can expect more stability in stock form and very little vibration. I would also love for Head to return to the flex of the liquidmetal versions and be around 64-65.

EKnee08
08-16-2011, 08:38 AM
I've already seen people in the IG Instinct review thread say they've added lead to the frame and it plays great. Still for myself at least I can't see the frame adding enough to my game to warrant a purchase. Now when the IG Radical launches I'm definitely doing a demo. If its similar to what happened to the new Speed over the original, we can expect more stability in stock form and very little vibration. I would also love for Head to return to the flex of the liquidmetal versions and be around 64-65.

if flex 64-65, then closer to a lighter prestige?

JackB1
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
The Radical is for a higher level player and the Instinct is perfect for 3.0-4.0 level. The Instinct has more power and has an open pattern, where the Rad MP is closed pattern and more of a control racquet. The Instinct is also a little lighter, but makes a great platform for adding weight. I have been playing with it recently and really like it.

gamerx52986
08-16-2011, 11:00 AM
The Radical is for a higher level player and the Instinct is perfect for 3.0-4.0 level. The Instinct has more power and has an open pattern, where the Rad MP is closed pattern and more of a control racquet. The Instinct is also a little lighter, but makes a great platform for adding weight. I have been playing with it recently and really like it.

Jack..I always follow and read your posts as you seem to.somewhat try racquets that peak my interest. I'm a 3.5 myself and maybe I'm just spoiled from using the radical for over a year now as my main stick. Still ideally I would love to find something 11.5oz or so strung that offered stability and power but has great control. I liked my original Speed 18x20 but my wrist took a beating from it. Once I get a demo in of the Volkl PB9 and the new Exo Tour 18x20, I'm going to try and pick a frame and make it my new main stick.

JackB1
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Jack..I always follow and read your posts as you seem to.somewhat try racquets that peak my interest. I'm a 3.5 myself and maybe I'm just spoiled from using the radical for over a year now as my main stick. Still ideally I would love to find something 11.5oz or so strung that offered stability and power but has great control. I liked my original Speed 18x20 but my wrist took a beating from it. Once I get a demo in of the Volkl PB9 and the new Exo Tour 18x20, I'm going to try and pick a frame and make it my new main stick.

What aren't you getting from the Radical?

wao
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
The Radical is for a higher level player and the Instinct is perfect for 3.0-4.0 level. The Instinct has more power and has an open pattern, where the Rad MP is closed pattern and more of a control racquet. The Instinct is also a little lighter, but makes a great platform for adding weight. I have been playing with it recently and really like it.I don't know about the level, but with the instinct the ball just seemed to trampiline off with minimal control. Could have been the strings but couldn't fine any thing that worked well for me. The RAD is a great stick, you could also try the IG speed line,

gamerx52986
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
What aren't you getting from the Radical?

Even with lead at 3&9, I hit a heavier ball with the speed and had a little more stability. Also seemed to have a better second serve for some reason.