PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro drive vs aero storm vs pure storm

seb23
08-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Can someone tell me the differences between these rackets please?

TheOneHander
08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Why yes, I've played with all three!

The Aeropro Drive is definitely the most powerful of the three. Huge power, lots of spin, a fantastic stick. It rips the cover off of any ball it comes close to. It feels just the slightest bit hollow compared to the other two.

The Aero Storm became my racquet of choice in April of this year. It has some free pop as well, but it's not overwhelming. Spin is very easy to access and it's an incredibly solid racquet. I feel like with good technique I can hit out as hard as I want to, but if I'm lazy, the extra pop takes over and can be a bit unpredictable-but that's a user error issue. Overall, it won me over because it provides a middle ground between the APDGT and the PSGT. It's incredibly solid and is firm without being harsh, and has great feel.

The Pure Storm would probably be my racquet of choice if not for the Aero Storm. Just as much spin, a little less power, and it swings a lot faster, IMO. That being said, it's still very solid and has a soft, buttery feel without being noodly. By comparison, the ASGT has a bit more of a raw feel, and a somewhat heftier SW.

A quick guide:

Spin
APDGT>ASGT=PSGT

Pop
APDGT>ASGT>PSGT

Feel
PSGT>ASGT>APDGT

Solidity
ASGT>PSGT>APDGT

flashfire276
08-14-2011, 08:22 PM
TheOneHander is totally spot on! So to simplify real quick:
APD is a easy-to-use tweener racquet that gets easy power and spin.
PS is the true player's racquet that has loads of feel and control, especially the Tour and LTD models.
AS is the in-between of the two. It has great control, yet it has a forgiving amount of power and spin, which makes it a great bridge racquet between the 2.