PDA

View Full Version : Nike Lunar Vapor 8

aweil
08-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Why is it that Nike sells a shoe that they say Roger Federer wears but, if you look at pictures from the '11 French Open his shoe is completely different from the red Vapor 8 that Nike actually sells. Why?

anhuynh16
08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Why is it that Nike sells a shoe that they say Roger Federer wears but, if you look at pictures from the '11 French Open his shoe is completely different from the red Vapor 8 that Nike actually sells. Why?

smh......... :shock:

Ico
08-15-2011, 08:38 AM
It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

aweil
08-15-2011, 08:50 AM
i know that but why dont they make the 2 shoes the same?

ruripi
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
i know that but why dont they make the 2 shoes the same?

Yeah, I'm very curious about this matter. Nike produced great shoes named as vapor 6, which Federer using since 2009 although 2 new version of vapors are developed, and so many people are telling after break-in vapor 6 runs excellently. but, as you know, no shoe's outsole lasts forever and vapor 6 doesnt have durability gurantee, ppl who loves vapor 6 will buy new pairs when their outsole is worn out, so It still could be good business.

But Nike doesn't produce v6 anymore, although Federer still using custom shoes based on vapor 6, and they still trying to sell worse shoe named vapor 7/8 , which one is not bad (in fact, 7 was terrible shoes in my personal opinion)but worse than vapor 6, and makes vapor 6 lovers to say they never buy lunar vapors again...

Why nike doing like this if they want to gain benefits from market? if customers wants to buy good oldie model, it could be better business than produce new-worsen-model I think......

sorry for my poor english.

aweil
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
but at wimbledon and the australian open federer was wearing the vapor 8 but at the french open the 6 why would he do that?

anhuynh16
08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
but at wimbledon and the australian open federer was wearing the vapor 8 but at the french open the 6 why would he do that?

smh again. this should do some good for you-

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=359686

Ico
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree that Nike should reintroduce the Vapor VI. Just rename it Vapor Classic or something simple. I'd pick up a pair or two for sure.

TMCW140
08-15-2011, 02:10 PM
It's all about price, and what consumers actually need, rather than what they think they want.
If Nike sold the exact shoe that Federer wears, it would cost a ridiculous amount and have next to no durability.
Think of it like tires on F1 cars- they are designed to offer the ultimate performance within a scenario where money is of no consequence and the short-term is prioritised. You wouldn't want them on your car for driving to work, and you wouldn't actually want Federer's shoes for your weekly casual knock-about

aweil
08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
that is a great point but then why do they always say on the 7 and 8 that it is rogers shoe of choice when it really isnt?

TMCW140
08-16-2011, 01:21 AM
that is a great point but then why do they always say on the 7 and 8 that it is rogers shoe of choice when it really isnt?

Advertising and sales, pretty simply!