PDA

View Full Version : Prince Racquet Questions/Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

TW Staff
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
For the next week, use this thread to ask Prince questions about racquets, and they'll get back to you by 8/23.

Hey there TT members,

First off, thank you all for the great posts that have already been submitted. This is a new and exciting program, and we’re eager to engage with the TT community to help deliver products and information that truly help take your games to the next level.

Before we start answering questions, there are a few things to point out:

1. You are actually engaging directly with Prince product and player development managers . This is not a summer intern program. We are dedicated to taking our products and your game to the next level, and the best way to do that is to speak directly with you, the athletes.

2. While we’re always eager to make our products better, it's important that we hear not only what's NOT working for you, but also what IS working for you. We need both sides of the story in order to make your comments come to life.

3. Our ultimate goal here is to have an open and forward-thinking dialogue about the future direction of Prince products and all other areas of the game. Though some answers may not be to exactly what you hoped for, they will be detailed, sincere, and straight from the horse’s mouth.

4. We have extensive elite partnerships and the most knowledgeable staff in the sport, with expertise in nutrition, training, sponsorship, mental conditioning, etc. While we appreciate the product related questions, please don't hesitate to ask about these other important topics which can help take your game to the next level.

5. Please be aware that we will do our best to respond to every question asked, we must also conduct our daily responsibilities and continue to develop products and programs for athletes.

OK, with that out of the way... let's hear your questions!

Thanks,
Prince Tennis - Who's Next.

MethodTennis
08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Why was the Prince Origional Graphite discontinued?

anhuynh16
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
my friend is has a full sponsorship with you guys and he told me to ask - when the new exo rebels come out, will he get the new ones

SocalTennis
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I love the way the EXO3 Rebel 95 plays and wondering if Prince will ever offers it in the 100 sq in. with 18x20 pattern and same weight (12oz).

Fed Kennedy
08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
What will replace the ignite? Have you considered a rebel with 16x19?

vsbabolat
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Would Prince consider a EXO3 Rebel 95 in a Limited Edition white or black cosmetic? Since the EXO3 Rebel 95 is yellow cosmetics. It might attract more players to switch to the EXO3 Rebel 95 to have a more conservative Limited Edition Cosmetic in white or even a stealth black cosmetic. Back in the mid 80's Prince had a Limited Edition Spectrum Comp that was Yellow where the Regular Spectrum Comp was White.

TenFanLA
08-15-2011, 04:17 PM
I've had my Ozone Pro Tours for 3 years now and they are beaten to death. I was waiting for the replacement and was excited when Prince finally introduced EXO Tour. But EXO hits nothing like OPT. At 52 stiffness the power and solid feel are missing esp. when you hit near the top of the racket. I was highly disappointed.

MY OPTs range from 343g to 355g so I'm just using the 2 lightest ones but they are torn up (I had to remove the headguard to reduce weight to 343g.) 12oz+ is getting heavy for me in a 3 set singles match. Will you be coming out with something closer to OPT with 100 sq in, ~65 flex, 11.5 oz? I LOVE OPT but EXO Tour definitely (for me) was not a suitable replacement due to its extreme flexibility 52, and lack of power and stability. The 11.5 oz, however, felt good.

MethodTennis
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Would Prince consider a EXO3 Rebel 95 in a Limited Edition white or black cosmetic? Since the EXO3 Rebel 95 is yellow cosmetics. It might attract more players to switch to the EXO3 Rebel 95 to have a more conservative Limited Edition Cosmetic in white or even a stealth black cosmetic. Back in the mid 80's Prince had a Limited Edition Spectrum Comp that was Yellow where the Regular Spectrum Comp was White.

I agree that the exo's lime green and yellow jobs weren't the best looking frames out there

J.Lee42
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
1. Why does it seem that the Prince EXO3 Tours chip so easily? Is it a different type of paint then used for others?
2. Will there be any future racquets with a similar flex to the exo3 tour?

TheBoom
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Will prince ever go back to the traditional grommets? Will there be a racket that comes out simmilar in spec to a radical, pure storm blade or 300 tour?

shogun90
08-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Will there be a replacement for the EXO Graphites in the US like the S types in Japan? Something with more of a head light balance?

Txhornsports
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I have been using Prince since I was 12 and never looked backed...however, The Prince Diablo is probably the last Prince stick that still has the classic prince feel and respect. Is there going to be a future version of this last great frame?

tennisnoob3
08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
any chances for a blue or green player's(similar paint scheme to the exo black) stick in the future? its a color rarely used by companies on their racquets, but prince put out a nice beginner exo blue with a paint scheme similar to the black/white iirc

Arthuro
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I have noticed that Prince Racquets have different Q/C codes: I have see (I) and (B). What do these codes mean, and what are the weight, swingweight,etc. spec variances of each?

BDAZ
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
to tennisnoob3... they had a racquet called the exo3 zap that they sold in japan. if i recall, it was pretty much an ignite team, but it was an awesome blue color. check it out on google images.

to prince... judging by the seemingly early demise of the exo3 graphites and ignites, is it safe to assume they didn't sell too well? what do you think the reason for this was? some here have said that the balance on the graphite mp was off, others think that the mid would have been better with the POG mid's string pattern. were these racquets just vastly overshadowed by the rebel? any thoughts? also, like someone asked above, any plans to ever release another traditional frame? thanks for your time.

iowaviking11
08-15-2011, 06:32 PM
when do the new rebels come out?

Doubles
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Is it true that there is a new Warrior frame in the works? That's my favorite Prince frame of all time...

themitchmann
08-15-2011, 06:35 PM
when do the new rebels come out?

I can answer that one...January.

inv
08-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Why does it seem that the Prince EXO3 Tours chip so easily? Is it a different type of paint then used for others?

The exo3 tours has the worst paint quality ever, if I didn't pay mega bucks for it, i would have assumed that it was a fake prince. The paint comes off due to mis-hits alone.. utterly unacceptable by any standard.

Djoker_69
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Will Prince ever make a frame that rivals these frames. ie 90-93 SQin Headsiae, 325 Unstrung, 17-19mm beam, 60-64 stiffness, 16 X 19 or 18 X 20 string pattern.

Regards
Adam

PBODY99
08-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder about the chipping of paint across the Prince line. Since the frames went from O 3 to Speed port, the paint on my Blues and Golds just don't hold up as well.
Please don't reduce the oversize frames below the 27.5, it balances the headsize for old players such as myself.

whomad15
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Why did the exo3graphite93 NOT have the POG 14x18 string pattern, it was a serious killer for a racquet that had an "open" string pattern and that small of a headsize.
Will the graphites/ignites be brought back in any version.
What is different with the construction between older versions of the POG (single and 4stripes) compared to the new tours, these older ones just seem more solid.
Also, any players sticks to be released with an extended length, 28" is possible, I know the POGlongbody was around but was discontinued, anything similar?

CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS!
08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
in the next series of rackets that are released, will there be a smaller headsize racquet with a dense string pattern?
Thanks,

edman9898
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I love my Prince EXO3 Tour 18x20, but would love a 95-98" headsize that was 12oz strung or more with a 16x19 pattern. Also, it would have to keep the thin beam and possibly be a bit more HL than the Tour. Also, please keep the flex below 63! Anything like this in the works? Thanks again for listening to us!

first volley
08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I've been away from the game... does the "shock eraser" still exist, I have a Thundercloud that I absolutely love, I'm wanting to get another Prince that has the "shock eraser" or has something similar to it. thanks

BHStennis09
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Will you ever reintroduce the Diablo line? Best stick Prince ever made

aceprojesus
08-15-2011, 08:59 PM
We all loved the original graphite, we all hated the new graphite, the difference? HOLES!! Please stop making racquets with holes, I love Prince but the speed ports definitely do not increase racquet head speed, they make the racquet more unstable.

chopstic
08-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Does prince have any future plans for longbody racquets? I am a big fan of the POG longbody and the old precision equipe longbody.

corners
08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I know that Prince conducted or commissioned a study to determine how much less air resistance is encountered by Prince's O3 racquets than conventional frames.

However, it is unclear to everyone (I'm going to speak for all the players here) whether that is significant or not.

Does Prince have any laboratory data that shows that O3, Ozone or Exo racquets can be, or are, swung faster by players than comparable racquets without holes?

For example, if a player can swing a conventional frame 65 mph through the impact point on the forehand, would an O3, Ozone or Exo racquet with identical mass, balance and swingweight (and identical strings) be moving faster than 65 mph through the impact point with an identical swing?

TheOneHander
08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Would you consider bringing back a version of the Black Longbody? That was a great stick and since extra length player's/upper level tweeners are getting scarce at the moment, I'm sure it would be well received.

Just as an input, the Speedport/EXO3 inserts were great. I really enjoyed having the options on my Rebel Teams back when I used them to put in ports or string holes.

jayserinos99
08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
1) Any plans on bringing back the Graphite II mold and string pattern in a EXO3 configuration?

2) Echoing the concern with the paint easily chipping, how does Prince plan on resolving this? I have a EXO3 Rebel that I hardly use and the paint tends to get chipped easier than my older Head Prestige Classic.

brownbearfalling
08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Is there any plan to add a racquet that is 98 sq in headsize to the Prince family?

Every other brand has a 98 sq in racquet in it's line up, and as far as I know they sell pretty well. I have always wondered what a Babolat Pure storm, Wilson Blade, Head Radical or Dunlop 300 would feel like if they had Exo3 technology in them. As far as specifications go, 300g-320g weight, 2pts head light balance (relatively even), and 20mm-21mm beam seems to work well for a 98 sq in headsize.

Faithfulfather
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Waiting for Prince to answer any of questions in this section.

Black Knight
08-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Are there any differences in the specs between these two models the Prince Exo Graphite? Here in Japan, the sales rep has been saying that the J=series is a new model with slightly different technology, but I sometimes wonder here how much of that is a sales pitch to lure in the those after the latest and greatest. Thanks for you feedback.

Older Model (as suggested by the shop guy)
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prince_EXO3_Graphite_100_Midplus/descpageRCPRINCE-PXOG1H.html

J Series Exo
http://www.tennis-one.jp/shop/img/racket/prince/exoG100s-l.jpghttp://

Black Knight
08-16-2011, 12:19 AM
My apologies for the last thread. The picture of the J series in below.

http://www.tennis-one.jp/shop/img/racket/prince/exoG100s-l.jpg

scotus
08-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I would love to see the EXO3 Tour and all its comfort in a longbody version.

What are your thoughts?

galain
08-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Just a thank you for putting a 'true' flexible stick back onto the market.

ricki
08-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Id like to note, that O/EXO port "technology" is really visible and it at least looks like some improvement compared to other brands, please keep your rackets with open ports/power bridges. Other manufactors just spray some paintjob on old frame and call it new technology.

My question is about introducing/merging Japanese frames with US/Europe market.

coolblue123
08-16-2011, 03:49 AM
As an avid stringer of Prince Racquets for my friends mostly, Iam having trouble locating a Prince Boomerang tool to string 03 and speedport racquets. Can Prince do one of the following:
- Include a Boomerang in each new Prince racquet
- Provide a 1800 phone # so that folks can request the tool?
In the past, I've had success talking to a customer rep at Prince. However, based on recent conversations with reps, Prince does not ship out these tools anymore. Please advise. thanks.

Rabbit
08-16-2011, 05:02 AM
1) Any comment on the paint quality of the EXO Tour (all models) chipping so easily?

2) Any suggestion on how to make the red boomerang fit the EXO3 tour?

BTW, the EXO3 Tour is a great frame...

TimothyO
08-16-2011, 05:37 AM
The EXO3 Tour 100 frames are perfect except for the O ports. Compared to competing frames the O port technology makes the frames feel hollow and even toy-like.

Are there any plans for Prince to produce solid frame (literally, as in no hollowing out for O ports) or is Prince completely committed to the O port approach?

Both the EXO3 Tour 100 with 16 mains and the Head Speed 300 share similar head sizes, string patterns, lengths, and both are soft frames. But the EXO3 feels, and literally is, hollow. The 300 feels soild.

flashfire276
08-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Dear Prince,
I've had a bit of bad history with your racquet line. They all seemed to crack very easily, and were really fragile. I loved my Prince TT Shark MP, but you would hear some rattling (no loose graphite inside. I checked), and it would start to die overtime. I also had a couple more, and they seemed to crack on normal circumstances. I never abused them. So is there an explanation to this, or is it just quality control?

Sinner
08-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Are there any differences in the specs between these two models the Prince Exo Graphite? Here in Japan, the sales rep has been saying that the J=series is a new model with slightly different technology, but I sometimes wonder here how much of that is a sales pitch to lure in the those after the latest and greatest. Thanks for you feedback.

Older Model (as suggested by the shop guy)
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prince_EXO3_Graphite_100_Midplus/descpageRCPRINCE-PXOG1H.html

J Series Exo
http://www.tennis-one.jp/shop/img/racket/prince/exoG100s-l.jpghttp://

I can comment a bit on this as I'm playing with the J-Graphite now.
The balance is completely different to the normal EXO Graphite. The J is a lot more head-light and has a listed swingweight of 285g, but I don't think it's that low. I leather gripped it and, together with a Tournagrip, rubber band and strings, it has a static weight of around 354g.

My question for Mr. Prince-rep is what is the direction you guys are heading towards with regards to the Graphite-line? Thanks.

gogonzogo
08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
We all loved the original graphite, we all hated the new graphite, the difference? HOLES!! Please stop making racquets with holes, I love Prince but the speed ports definitely do not increase racquet head speed, they make the racquet more unstable.

I agree 100% with this.

vubenjamin
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Please don't discontinue the prince original graphite!!!!

dbartholow
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Mr and Mrs. Prince,

Any chance you can reveal what's next for your truest classic? I've been playing with some form of the Graphite since 1993 and would love to know what the plans are for the Graphite in this post-EXO war-torn world.

Many thanks in advance for your reply!

Sinner
08-16-2011, 12:30 PM
You know what I'd love to see? Prince bringing back the POG mid, POG OS... and adding a POG 100. All in standard-length, of course.

Say Chi Sin Lo
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Any plans to re-visit the Precision Response line? And please, no more racquets with holes...

dbartholow
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM
You know what I'd love to see? Prince bringing back the POG mid, POG OS... and adding a POG 100. All in standard-length, of course.

Ditto. Nothing beats the Graphite II Mid-Plus, but that's just me. The NXG Midsize is pretty great in its own way, despite what people say.

tennismonkey
08-16-2011, 01:01 PM
1 -- i have three exo3 tours 18x20. the paintjob looks great on these. as others have stated though, the durability has to be the worst of any paintjob on any racquet i've owned in 30 years. any plans on re-releasing this racquet with more durable paint?

2 -- the exo3 tours have removable port holes and string hole inserts. any thoughts on releasing WEIGHTED inserts in both port and string hole versions? makes for an easy and clean customizing solution instead of lead tape - like donnay has with their new line of racquets. figure the inserts are at the key 3, 9, 12 and 6 o'clock positions. also if these inserts could come in variety of colors. so i can accessorize with my tennis outfits.

SoCal10s
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
why don't you guys stick to something.. have a line of rackets for the tournament players with regular grommets,low power,smaller racket head size,.. you know a player's racket ... and have another line for the rest of the tennis market..

I know some players that used to love the EXO 93 and you dis-continue that racket.. people used to love the POG and that is gone.. you should try to promote those player's rackets more...

Faithfulfather
08-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I guess I spoke too soon. I would think they would respond to at least one question in the major section. Time will tell.

themitchmann
08-16-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't think they are going to answer any of questions or address any of our complaints. I think this creation of a new section and stating "Talk with Prince" is a sham. Not one post from prince in 2 days. Really!

Regular forum members can't create new sections, only threads and posts.

It's real. They posted already in the bag section.

TW Staff
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't think they are going to answer any of questions or address any of our complaints. I think this creation of a new section and stating "Talk with Prince" is a sham. Not one post from prince in 2 days. Really!

But they have replied....in one of the other threads, before your post was made. Please be patient, as it hasn't even been 24 hours since this forum has been up.

TW Staff

GS
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm another guy who loves the Prince Graphite Longbody and am curious if Prince will bring it back sometime in the future. I promise to buy a few more!!

tampa_edski
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Anyway to get specs on old models? I have a TriComp 90 from the early 1990's (maybe even 1989), and although I know most of the specs from measurement I'd love to see what it's "supposed" to be. Especially the flexibility (I have not had that measured).

mromato64
08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Hello, is there going to be a significant difference between the new rebel coming out soon and the old rebel besides the paintjob? I heard the exo3 system will be different.

kabrac
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
SOMEONE HAS GOT TO FILL IN THESE HOLES!

Oh, by the way...

Graphite/Titanium/Tugsten/Carbon

That was your best recipie for making a racquet Prince.

Please don't mess with the Diablos or the POG'S. They told me to tell you they are fine as is.

You may sell some of the new ones, but you just can't beat the old ones.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

TopspinAce
08-16-2011, 07:58 PM
New Rebel?? date ?

vsbabolat
08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
My last question is: How about Bringing back the Retro Precision.

mdjenders
08-16-2011, 09:02 PM
echoing what several others have thus far posted, please release a "player's" frame (i.e. exo3 tour) in an extended length version. many pros enjoy the advantages of extended frames, yet this is a forgotten area in mass market racquets! prince could carve out a nice niche here...

jchl97
08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
When will be the new line released? Still exo3 technology?
Will there be replacements for the graphite and ignite? (rebel is confirmed)
One last question, what's the difference between original exo3 and the type j series in Japan?

Many thanks!

P.S. I heard that there will be a new line of exo3 warriors. True or false? :)

travlerajm
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Any chance that some denser patterned stiff frames will be available? I love everything about my O3 Red, except that the pattern is way too open.

usta2050
08-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Why did Sharapova move to Head?

Dunlop300t
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
is it possible to get the prince exo3 tour in a smaller head size, i love the feel of the racquet and would love to see the same specs in a smaller head size.

themitchmann
08-17-2011, 03:00 AM
New Rebel?? date ?

January...

tata
08-17-2011, 03:16 AM
that would explain the drop in prices for rebels. the rebel team now only $99!!! too bad they sold out on 5/8 handles! =( I was so tempted!

TripleB
08-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Will Prince please consider making a 100 ( or 98 ) square inch racquet with almost identical specs to the Prince Original Graphite Mid?

Maybe 12.0 ounces, 8 points headlight, 320 swingweight, 65 stiffness

I've searched for a 98/100 square inch version of the POG (from every manufacturer) for about 11 years now and have yet to find one. I'm tired of demoing (just ask the guys/ladies on this board how much I demo) and searching for a racquet like this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

TripleB

Black Knight
08-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Hey Sinner,

How are you finding the J-Series Graphite? I've had it for a few weeks now and must give it back tomorrow, which is a shame because it is starting to play nicely (except the slice backhand for some reason!) Definitely feels head light through the swing. 345g all up?? Those open ports do a job on masking that kind of weight then. Are you here in Japan? I hope you can get it working for your slice backhand better than I could. :-)

tata
08-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Based on these posts and requests, it seems prince should launch a heritage/tradition/generation range and re-invented old school racquets that everyone had to have and loved.

I'm quite happy using O port technology but a lot of 'old schoolers' have always praised the old prince racquets. Wilson has revived their pro staff. A revival of a few old prince racquets would surely spark interest into the brand again. Going back to the old saying - if it aint broken then dont fix it!

I am currently using an exo3 tour, but i wish it had a tad more plow to it to get that solid player's feel. Surely prince can work on something that has the comfort and arm friendlyness of the exo tours, heft, weight and plow of a player's frame, yet easy to swing and cut through the air. Forgiveness does not need to be as great as other frames because most developed players hit the sweet spot anyway so maybe less emphasis on port holes and a bigger sweetspot. We;re talking about peoplle who want 100% feel,control and power and strike the ball cleanly.

This new of frames should be limited, yet target and appeal to serious players out there.

boramiNYC
08-17-2011, 07:48 AM
I currently play with POG mid and EXO3 graphite 100 modded to POG mid balance. Really the port technology doesn't do much so I use hole grommets. I'm pretty short and would love to get POG longbody. I loved that frame when I tried. please stop taking away what people have loved for so long. serious racquets should be head light balance. and choice of stiffness. I love POG mid stiffness. in comparison Exo3 graphite 100 is a little less stiff.
my dream racquet would be pog mid stiffness and balance and weight with 100 head size, very stiff throat area (love the cross bar ), manouverable head, thin beam pure graphite with choice of standard or longbody (28). there u have my feedback. love ur racquets Prince but ur recent technologies didn't quite work very well. please make solid good racquets again and I'll be a loyal customer!

Sinner
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Hey Sinner,

How are you finding the J-Series Graphite? I've had it for a few weeks now and must give it back tomorrow, which is a shame because it is starting to play nicely (except the slice backhand for some reason!) Definitely feels head light through the swing. 345g all up?? Those open ports do a job on masking that kind of weight then. Are you here in Japan? I hope you can get it working for your slice backhand better than I could. :-)

I'm liking it so far... more than the reg. EXO Graphite. This is the first time that I've hit with such a head-light racquet (used to use the POG OS). Having said that, I'm finding it a little too HL for my liking. I will need to lead-up the head a bit. The ports and balance really does hide the static weight. My POG weighs a few grams more than my J-Graph, but the POG feels A LOT heavier.

For some reason, I'm also liking feel of the port holes on the J-Graph more than on the reg EXO Graph. I hated the ports on the EXO Graph and went with the string-holes instead.

And again to Mr. Prince representative... 100 sqin. POG standard length pls! I still love my POG OS, but would like a slightly smaller headsize... like everyone else in here.

JesterMania
08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
For the Exo 3 Tour 100, there are currently orange hole grommet replacements available. Can and will Prince release the orange port grommets as well? The paint really chips off on these things and would be nice to get a replacement without resorting to hole grommets.

MAXXply
08-17-2011, 10:18 AM
1) I fully agree with everyone's requests for Prince to introduce a "modern POG" in 100sq.in. Same hefty weight, HL balance and stiffness as the existing POG Mid.

2) Please give us POG loyalists sufficient notice when you decide to axe the POG Mid, so we can stock up.

3) I also implore Prince to stay true to its heritage colours of piano-gloss black and green (and the occasional gold lettering). This colour combo should be gospel at Prince HQ and every whizkid MBA product manager (or is that "racketsports category VP" ?) must be made to understand this before they sign-off on the cosmetics of your next POG update. If not, just hire me.

Tennisborg
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
1) I fully agree with everyone's requests for Prince to introduce a "modern POG" in 100sq.in. Same hefty weight, HL balance and stiffness as the existing POG Mid.

2) Please give us POG loyalists sufficient notice when you decide to axe the POG Mid, so we can stock up.

3) I also implore Prince to stay true to its heritage colours of piano-gloss black and green (and the occasional gold lettering). This colour combo should be gospel at Prince HQ and every whizkid MBA product manager (or is that "racketsports category VP" ?) must be made to understand this before they sign-off on the cosmetics of your next POG update. If not, just hire me.

Well Said. I fully agree on this.
POG mid/oversize is a legend. This should be the benchmark for all Prince rackets. It is a proven formula that stands the time.

BTW, you can hire me too. I got MBA too :)

kissmyace
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Please consider bringing the Response line back. PLEASE!

bignate76
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
as it has been stated in this thread multiple times this racquet is amazing. i switched from the speedport black 2 weeks ago and love the feel. dont get me wrong the speedport black is a great racquet also.

P.S. FIRE YOU QC DEPARTMENT THEY SUCK!

DE19702
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I have to agree with the comments about the Diablo. The best racquet I've ever played with. I've got 6 of them. I don't know how you could improve them.

ChipNCharge
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Prince: why did you guys ask your retailers to remove the "Energy Bridge" and "Energy Channel" indicators from racquet descriptions, and replace it with just "EXO3"? For example, on Tennis Warehouse's website, the "Technologies" tab for the EXO3 White used to state it had the Energy Bridge and the Energy Channel, but now it just says "EXO3".

t-swede
08-17-2011, 02:21 PM
I would love to see the EXO3 Tour and all its comfort in a longbody version.

What are your thoughts?

email me i can help you out ! brankoofcourse@yahoo.com

RMCTennis
08-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes I am 40 and have used exactly 2 rackets the last 20+ years - POG MS and Diablo Midsize. The Diablo is the perfect racket, perfect weight and feel. It is no longer part of their sponsorship package selection and, I assume on its' way out. The new frames (EXO, rebel, EXO Graphite) while attempts to appease the 4.5+ level players are no where near the same. Other racket companies have kept players rackets and are adding new frames to the market on a yearly basis. Prince seems to have targeted the 2.5-3.5 level players with their thick, wide, oversized, lightweight frames.

Please re-consider.

Fedace
08-17-2011, 07:32 PM
So,,, Donald Young has switched to Prince racket and is playing the best tennis of his career. Will he get a contract with Prince ?

and does those Holes really work ?

jkang909
08-17-2011, 10:42 PM
i love you. will you marry me?

Caesar
08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Some of the lighter EXO3 models (e.g. the Black) have a reputation for being notoriously fragile.

Whilst I have owned and enjoyed Prince racquets in the past, I would not buy one currently due to bad feedback on durability from others.

Is there anything planned for the next generation of racquets to correct this deficiency?

Mig1NC
08-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Will the USA get the Rebel 105 and Warrior DB?

Nextman916
08-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Are you guys ever gonna get rid of the EXO/O ports? Honestly alot of us here aren't fans of it and neither are alot of other people I've talked to at clubs. You guys should consider making some more traditional frames, or at least make some in your players category?

Black Knight
08-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Dear Sinner,

Didn't the Exo Graphite come in a 93sq. inch headsize as well? There is a video review for it on TW I think. You're tempting me to try, after all these years, an original POG!!
So mate, are you here in Japan??

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi players - we are loving the passion and response to this new open dialogue. Please know that we will be back to each of you shortly with replies and feedback. In the meantime, keep those questions coming!

Thanks,

rdis10093
08-18-2011, 07:33 AM
when I first started to play tennis I used prince, my first real stick was an o3 white. Good stick, but it did notl last long. When I made the change to more of a heavy frame, i bought the o3 speedport white pro. awesome racquet with stability, but that two cracked. ONe day i was playing a match, and the throat just broke in two.

After that I just switched company maker of racquets. Now I use the yonex.
I am very gentle on my racquets, how come the princes break?

rdis10093
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
hahaha the reason I first used prince was because of sharapova, but then I became a man, and started to watch the mens matches.

Snipergene
08-18-2011, 08:08 AM
As an avid stringer of Prince Racquets for my friends mostly, Iam having trouble locating a Prince Boomerang tool to string 03 and speedport racquets. Can Prince do one of the following:
- Include a Boomerang in each new Prince racquet
- Provide a 1800 phone # so that folks can request the tool?
In the past, I've had success talking to a customer rep at Prince. However, based on recent conversations with reps, Prince does not ship out these tools anymore. Please advise. thanks.
+1

I'd like to be able to get a complete set of Boomerang tools for all their rackets.

TenFanLA
08-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Are you guys ever gonna get rid of the EXO/O ports? Honestly alot of us here aren't fans of it and neither are alot of other people I've talked to at clubs. You guys should consider making some more traditional frames, or at least make some in your players category?

Hey some of us hackers like the O/EXO ports. Prince can make traditional frames but keep the ports. That is the reason why I'm using Prince. It helps with the racket speed or at least gives me the illusion that it does.

daveyboy
08-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi-

Will the warrior line (exo warrior and exo warrior db) be available in the states? Will this be like the old DB system?

Thanks,

Dave

Lefty5
08-18-2011, 11:13 AM
loved the O3 whites but were too light. Moving to the black and the ignite in consecutive years, I missed the rubber throat grommets of the Whites.... Any chance of selling those separately for different frames?

Eightmarky
08-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Are there any plans for new extended length racquets?

Al Czervik
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Dear Sir: If Prince is going to continue to make the Original Graphite, I believe fans almost unanimously prefer the balance/layup of the old "4 stripe." (several threads on this here)
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=348833&highlight=straight+shaft

While I still think the Tour version is decent, if Prince is going to bother to make the racquet, I humbly submit they should make it like the most popular of the old versions (unless cost prohibits this, of course).

klementine
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
First of all... thank you Prince for this opportunity for us, as well as the company, to exchgange in dialogue.

#1- Why do I have to buy a port-hole set for my Exo3Tour to get a bumper set? I use the string hole inserts.

#2-Have you ever considered applying a trap-door to your buttcaps? Makes things easier.

#3- As another poster has suggested, have you considered weighted inserts?

#4-I am a little disapointed by the paint chipping so effortlessly off the frame.

By the way... thank you for producing a great stick in the exo3Tour!00... nice and flexible, kept the thin-beam but gave the mold a more traditional-box scheme... and a nice mid-range weight for those who like to customize their weight and balance. Well done!

whomad15
08-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Dear Sir: If Prince is going to continue to make the Original Graphite, I believe fans almost unanimously prefer the balance/layup of the old "4 stripe." (several threads on this here)
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=348833&highlight=straight+shaft

While I still think the Tour version is decent, if Prince is going to bother to make the racquet, I humbly submit they should make it like the most popular of the old versions

QFT (quoted for truth, for those that don't know)

bring back the four stripe model of the pog, add a longbody version, and they will sell out similar to the PS85.

Wish I had bought more of the longbody while they still have them, love that thing.

Anyone else find it odd that 50% or more of these posts are all about the graphites and diablos? Hmmmmm it must be a sign

PBODY99
08-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Are the channels at 11 and 1 going to have a little more protection for the strings in the Frames going forward.m Depth is best, a more robust bumper would be nice.

robby c
08-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Will the USA get the Rebel 105 and Warrior DB?

I will buy the Rebel 105. Please tone down the paint scheme.
My favorite racquet of all time is the Graphite Comp 110 (1985).
I love the classic grip shape of the 80's racquets.
Robby C

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Why was the Prince Origional Graphite discontinued?

Hi Gunnd5000,

At the moment, the Prince Original Graphite has not been discontinued. We consider products officially discontinued when they are no longer offered by any channel (i.e specialty shops, pro shops, sporting goods stores, etc…). At the moment, the Prince Original Graphite is still available through retailers such as Tennis Warehouse. With that said, let us share why the product has not been reintroduced into our current in-line product offering:

As a company, Prince is 100% dedicated to relentless innovation. Creating tomorrow's racquet technology has been at the core of our DNA ever since we first changed the game with the world’s first 110 square inch racquet, the Prince Classic, in 1976. While there is no denying that the Original Graphite is one of the G.O.A.T racquets, we never stand still and are constantly engineering new exciting technologies that push the envelope forward for a new generation of players.

In many instances, our first Oversize included, innovation is first met with raised eyebrows because it is ahead of its time. But today's game and today’s athletes are evolving rapidly. Bigger, faster, more athletic players are pushing each other out of position more often. Technology needs to adapt to the speed, power and quickness of tomorrow’s champions (http://www.youtube.com/princetennis1).

It is our core philosophy that racquets should be designed with real, visible technology, which delivers real performance benefits. So although the Prince Original Graphite will forever hold a place in our hearts, a 30 year old racquet does not fit in with our philosophy as we continue to look to the future and deliver weapons for tomorrow's champions.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:19 AM
my friend is has a full sponsorship with you guys and he told me to ask - when the new exo rebels come out, will he get the new ones

Hi AnHuynh,

Of course, it is always our philosophy to provide the latest and greatest technologies to our future champions. For all Prince "Champions in the Making", this question can be best answered by their personal Prince sponsor.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I love the way the EXO3 Rebel 95 plays and wondering if Prince will ever offers it in the 100 sq in. with 18x20 pattern and same weight (12oz).

Hi Socal,

While we do not currently have plans for a Rebel with those exact specs, we are very curious to know what you’re looking for from future Rebels. In many cases, a larger head size is not the only solution. If you reply with your specific performance goals, perhaps we can work with you on a personalized customization strategy to get you where you need to be with the Prince weaponry available right now.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:22 AM
What will replace the ignite? Have you considered a rebel with 16x19?

Hi Fed Kennedy,

Good question. As of right now we do not have an immediate replacement for the Ignite. However, we will have a brand new offering of Rebels coming out of the lab in 2012 with some models you may be interested in. Whether you’re looking for a more open string pattern or a little more “pop” out of your Rebel 95, we can confirm next season’s Rebel line will deliver on both of those requests. So stay tuned!

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM

Hi VsBabolat,

Why not?! We are always willing to consider new ideas. Better yet, let’s have some fun with this... Next week we’ll post a poll on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/official.prince.tennis) with some custom color options for “limited edition” racquets in the future. We can't promise anything, but maybe, just maybe, we’ll put something special together for this.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I've had my Ozone Pro Tours for 3 years now and they are beaten to death. I was waiting for the replacement and was excited when Prince finally introduced EXO Tour. But EXO hits nothing like OPT. At 52 stiffness the power and solid feel are missing esp. when you hit near the top of the racket. I was highly disappointed.

MY OPTs range from 343g to 355g so I'm just using the 2 lightest ones but they are torn up (I had to remove the headguard to reduce weight to 343g.) 12oz+ is getting heavy for me in a 3 set singles match. Will you be coming out with something closer to OPT with 100 sq in, ~65 flex, 11.5 oz? I LOVE OPT but EXO Tour definitely (for me) was not a suitable replacement due to its extreme flexibility 52, and lack of power and stability. The 11.5 oz, however, felt good.

Hi TenFanLA,

To start, you are 100% correct that the specs of the EXO3 Tour 18x20 are completely different than the Ozone Pro Tour. This is in fact why we specifically chose to NOT call it the EXO3 Pro Tour. While the Ozone Pro Tour was a favorite among some players, while conducting extensive global testing, the majority of our test players greatly preferred the more flexible EXO3 design.

That said, it doesn’t mean that the stiffer option is a bad one. There were a number of players who, like you, preferred the stiffer model. We wish that we could design an individual racquet for every player – we love tinkering in the lab, designing and developing new racquets that take your game to new levels – but the preference in testing was too strong to launch both models.

Based on your personal racquet preferences, we would highly recommend a demo of the Rebel 95 since it is in the same weight target and has the same string pattern that you are used to. We would, however, recommend that you demo a Rebel 95 with larger PORT inserts to give you the more familiar string bed feel of a full EXO3 racquet, with edge-to-edge performance and response.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey there TT members,

First off, thank you all for the great posts that have already been submitted. This is a new and exciting program, and we’re eager to engage with the TT community to help deliver products and information that truly help take your games to the next level.

1. You are actually engaging directly with Prince product and player development managers . This is not a summer intern program. We are dedicated to taking our products and your game to the next level, and the best way to do that is to speak directly with you, the athletes.

2. While we’re always eager to make our products better, it's important that we hear not only what's NOT working for you, but also what IS working for you. We need both sides of the story in order to make your comments come to life.

3. Our ultimate goal here is to have an open and forward-thinking dialogue about the future direction of Prince products and all other areas of the game. Though some answers may not be to exactly what you hoped for, they will be detailed, sincere, and straight from the horse’s mouth.

4. We have extensive elite partnerships and the most knowledgeable staff in the sport, with expertise in nutrition, training, sponsorship, mental conditioning, etc. While we appreciate the product related questions, please don't hesitate to ask about these other important topics which can help take your game to the next level.

5. Please be aware that we will do our best to respond to every question asked, we must also conduct our daily responsibilities and continue to develop products and programs for athletes.

Thanks,

Rabbit
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey there TT members,

Thanks,

Prince -

I appreciate your very loose use of the word 'athletes'. :) I would first like to say that I have not used a Prince racquet for more than a week in over 20 years. Of late, the local tennis shop recommended the Prince EXO3 Tour Team. That frame is awesome and a real departure IMO from Prince's mainstream offerings. I love it and after about 6 months with it, have not be tempted to revert back to my old frame of 10+ years, the C10.

First, what is working. The Prince EXO 3 Tour Team is about the single best frame I've hit with in a very long time. The flex is fantastic and a welcome change in the Prince line, the string pattern is (16X18) is great and very feel/tension/control/spin/touch friendly. The lighter weight of the EXO3 Tour Team allows me to be more adaptive in my strokes which results in greater consistency. The frame itself is an ephiany for any and all who try it around here.

In short, GREAT frame.

Now....
The paint doesn't seem to want to stick to the frame or the inserts. Not a biggie, but it is kinda annoying. (On the upside, folks think I'm playing a lot more than I am :) )

And the boomerang for the EXO3 Tour Team, the red one. It just plain doesn't fit. Are there any plans to fix that?

Well, you certainly are a first on these boards in this regard and I for one, really appreciate the effort.

I certainly hope you continue to develop frames in the vein of the EXO3 Tour, Tour Team, and Tour Light which are all very easy to play with, very comfortable, and all around fine frames.

Again, Thanks so much for the effort. I also notice that Prince spends more time and donates more equipment and sponsorships to juniors which is a great thing.

I have some questions above. I would also like to ask that you keep the basic green/black bags around as they are great.

crosscourt
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Guys

I tried the EXO3 Tour recently. It is an exceptional racket but the headsize is too large for my game. Any chance of a 95" head 18x20 version.

cc

Fuji
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Guys

I tried the EXO3 Tour recently. It is an exceptional racket but the headsize is too large for my game. Any chance of a 95" head 18x20 version.

cc

This is also my question!

I absolutely LOVED the EXO3 Tour, but 100 inches is just a bit too bulky for my game. I'd love a 95 inch, or even a 93-90 inch mid! That would be a phenomenal frame for people who love mids such as myself, and much prefer the flex and comfort that the EXO3 tour offers! :)

Thanks Prince!

-Fuji

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
This is also my question!

I absolutely LOVED the EXO3 Tour, but 100 inches is just a bit too bulky for my game. I'd love a 95 inch, or even a 93-90 inch mid! That would be a phenomenal frame for people who love mids such as myself, and much prefer the flex and comfort that the EXO3 tour offers! :)

Thanks Prince!

-Fuji

hahaha mid frames should not flex

Fuji
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
hahaha mid frames should not flex

Really? What makes you say that?

The Redondo Mid is one of the flexiest frames available, and I really enjoyed it, but I could never get my groove with it.

Also the Dunlop Max 200G has a flex of something like 43-45 and it's arguably one of the greatest GMOAT! :)

-Fuji

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Really? What makes you say that?

The Redondo Mid is one of the flexiest frames available, and I really enjoyed it, but I could never get my groove with it.

Also the Dunlop Max 200G has a flex of something like 43-45 and it's arguably one of the greatest GMOAT! :)

-Fuji

at the higher levels, you need a frame that is solid, and can just push back a hard hit ball. with a solid mid frame, you have to provide your own power, and when soeone hits something with pace, a flexable frame is not so great. lots of oversize frames are flexy, and thats why lower level players use them to help with power. can not think of alot of pros that use flexy mids

who is the avatar?

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
fish up 4-2 in the second

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
wrong thread sorry guys

Fuji
08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
at the higher levels, you need a frame that is solid, and can just push back a hard hit ball. with a solid mid frame, you have to provide your own power, and when soeone hits something with pace, a flexable frame is not so great. lots of oversize frames are flexy, and thats why lower level players use them to help with power. can not think of alot of pros that use flexy mids

who is the avatar?

I guess so! I play 4.5 so I guess it's not that high of competition where flexy frames are a disadvantage.

I don't think many Pro's use mids at all really, next to Fed/Dimitriov.

Maria Sharapova is the Avatar! :)

-Fuji

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
no way, she looks scary, can you give me a link with a bigger pic?

Fuji
08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
no way, she looks scary, can you give me a link with a bigger pic?

Sure! I'll post it up on PB or something. Just give me a second.

-Fuji

rdis10093
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
thanks dude keep playing and take it easy. I am going back to my other thread.

Fuji
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
thanks dude keep playing and take it easy. I am going back to my other thread.

For sure! You too! :)

Here's the blown up link. It was in "Tatler" Magazine in Russia. http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/Fuji_Syuuske/?action=view&current=maria-sharapova-tatler-russia-05gorgeous.jpg

-Fuji

canadad
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Hello Prince! Back in the early 90's, almost everyone I knew had a Prince. The CTS line was great, I loved all those racquets. I'd like to see a revamped, back to basics Prince line with some "O Port-less frames" like the CTS line. Remember the Approach, the Lightning, the Precision, the Graduate, the Graphtech, the Response, the Synergies, etc.? Any plans on updating some old classics? I know the POG's have had this treatment. I'd buy a modern take on some classics.

nmillike
08-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello Prince,

I was playing a tournament in Raleigh and heard that you guys came to one of the local clubs there and somehow 'made' a racquet to suit there strengths, like personalization. I thought this was really cool, and some of them bought some. First off is this true, and how much are they? Will it be online where you can do that?

Thanks!

FEDERERNADAL13
08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey prince, I have a question! Will you ever think of making a 90-93 square inch racket? I like the exo line, but the racket heads seem too big for me. Thanks very much!

Miso
08-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Recently i was looking for a new racket. I wanted a smaller head size and prince being the brand that my first racket was from, I had sort of a soft spot for them. However when I browsed what prince had to offer, everything was basically 100sq" outside of the Rebel which isn't appealing to me, even though Monfils is my favorite player. Even as I tried to convince myself to buy one. I just couldn't because I didn't want to settle for anything, i really needed a racket to suit my needs and ended up with a dunlop 4d100.

So pretty much, my question is:

Will prince come out with a mid (90-93) frame that isn't called original graphite or a remake of said racket?
I understand the legacy behind them but they simply don't appeal to me. Not when there is lighter, and more stable/solid materials available now-a-days. Plus, many pog owners/users give negative opinions of pog remakes simply because it's not the original. Which makes other consumers shy away from them.

Caesar
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Why would you want a light racquet with a 90in head?

Midsize racquets need swingweight.

Miso
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Why would you want a light racquet with a 90in head?

Midsize racquets need swingweight.

The materials used make it so. Light(or maneuverable) but not sacrificing the stability of the racquet.

For instance, head's speed line. Everything was prefect until I served with it, felt like swinging a baseball bat. Wilson's Ktour team fx, 10.3oz right? I couldn't swing out on ground strokes with it for my life. Dunlop's 4d100 11.6oz right? 308 swingweight. Perfect when I use it, and it's very stable.

I'm by no means a small either, i'm built like Rafa. Muscled, explosive. I can easily generate my own power. I don't want to be reduced to blocking shots because the racket suddenly becomes lead mid swing. Or pushed back because the racket isn't stable. Ya know.

Sounds picky, i know but like I explained in the other post. I just couldn't settle, i needed something that fitted what I demanded out of a racket.

Caesar
08-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Are you male or female? You're talking about some very light racquets here. The KTour is not a very substantial racquet and the 4D100 is even worse. Neither is particularly stable against heavy hitters. If you're a strong player then I'm not really sure why you wouldn't opt for a heavier stick. 308 swingweight is pretty wimpy on a midsize, most good strong players would play better with something meatier. I would prefer a POG over either, tbh.

My understanding is that Prince hasn't produced a racquet like you're describing because they're more focused on producing proper players' sticks at the smaller headsize. The light hit-and-giggle racquets they give an oversize head, because that's what most low-level players want these days.

FWIW I use a Wilson K Factor Six.One Tour 90.

droliver
08-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Dear Prince,

I have two constructive comments:

1) I find the way the product line is laid out to be somewhat confusing to the consumer. The whole Black, white, Blue, & Silver naming system does not really imply any identity of the racquet like more distinctive naming of the frames.

2) the graphics of the rebel, ignite, and EXO graphite were absolutely hideous and I think a big part of why they stiffed at the retail level. I would personally select a more conservative classic look with less BLING. In contrast to those models, your staff nailed the EXO3 tour which is absolutely beautiful.

Live Wire VS
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I had played with the Graphite Comp 90 since I was very young and while the EXO3 Graphite 93 is a satisfactory replacement, it is slightly more head-heavy and the thick beam slows down my swing speed. Is there any chance that Prince will launch a racquet that utilizes new technology and matches the specifications (all graphite with/without fiberglass is fine) of the Graphite Comp 90 with a thinner beam, flex rating of 54, 8.5pts HL, and without a crossbar stabilizer? People had told me that it was a popular stick for college players back in the day and as a college Division 3 player, I would love to make use of one with new technology!

dbartholow
08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
@Prince,

By the sheer discounts alone, should we deduce that a next generation Graphite EXO or similar is in the works?

If I've loved various generations of the Graphite for oh so long, what racquet from your current offerings would you recommend I try?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

kissmyace
08-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Prince,
Are there any plans at all to bring back the Response line. I feel that you guys missed a trick with the Ignite. Great colours and supposed to hark back to the Response Ti (sort of) but absolutely nothing like it. As I understand it from most shop owners and racket dealers that I speak to, the Response Ti and the Warrior were 2 of the most popular frames made. I realise that having Rafter endorse the various paintjobs helped but there's no two ways about it...these were great frames!

very best regards

kissmyace

vantageboy
08-20-2011, 02:11 PM
u guys are kings and princes for the forum here--elbow trouble so i really liked the rebel hoping u guys/gals come up with a 98 rebel with a 16/20 pattern with a flex at 60 and under s.weight of 325 .thank u

whomad15
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
there is no denying that the Original Graphite is one of the G.O.A.T racquets.

Bigger, faster, more athletic players are pushing each other out of position more often. Technology needs to adapt to the speed, power and quickness of tomorrow’s champions (http://www.youtube.com/princetennis1).

By all means innovate and create new things, but keep perhaps the most cherished oldschool racquet around. Look at what happened when Wilson reintroduced the ps85, sold out in what a week?

As for saying only prince ports allow movement of the string, doesn't wilson have grooves for their grommets to allow them more movement? And Volkl probably has the most technological advancements of any company out there, catapult effect and big grommets just to name two that compare to the ports without being so obvious.

I know that video is mainly for marketing, but there are reasons that only "tomorrows" champions are using prince, todays champs are using Head which, shocker, are graphite.
Perhaps they should aim towards the diagonal stringing like powerangle, theres a racquet where you can hit anywhere (minus the frame) and have the exact response as the sweetspot.

dbartholow
08-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I had played with the Graphite Comp 90 since I was very young and while the EXO3 Graphite 93 is a satisfactory replacement, it is slightly more head-heavy and the thick beam slows down my swing speed. Is there any chance that Prince will launch a racquet that utilizes new technology and matches the specifications (all graphite with/without fiberglass is fine) of the Graphite Comp 90 with a thinner beam, flex rating of 54, 8.5pts HL, and without a crossbar stabilizer? People had told me that it was a popular stick for college players back in the day and as a college Division 3 player, I would love to make use of one with new technology!

I agree, the branding is trying a wee too hard. Prince is and has always been a true classic, and the aesthetic should reflect that. Go for something modern, but make it effortless and tasteful, and not so mid-90's Communications Arts.

Miso
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Are you male or female? You're talking about some very light racquets here. The KTour is not a very substantial racquet and the 4D100 is even worse. Neither is particularly stable against heavy hitters. If you're a strong player then I'm not really sure why you wouldn't opt for a heavier stick. 308 swingweight is pretty wimpy on a midsize, most good strong players would play better with something meatier. I would prefer a POG over either, tbh.

My understanding is that Prince hasn't produced a racquet like you're describing because they're more focused on producing proper players' sticks at the smaller headsize. The light hit-and-giggle racquets they give an oversize head, because that's what most low-level players want these days.

FWIW I use a Wilson K Factor Six.One Tour 90.

Different materials act differently. I used the blx version of your racket before, and it suited my standards. Now the weight is up there but I could maneuver it easily and it was quite stable. However, for whatever reason, the ktour fx became lead when i swung it.

My question was really just a mid racket that isn't the POG or a remake of the POG. So, I don't see a problem with what I asked.

Caesar
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't like the BLX, it's not stiff enough. But, it's decent.

There's nothing wrong with what you're asking for, it just seems like a bit of an odd request. Light midsize racquets = no bueno, as far as most people are concerned. Not sure it would sell many units.

Miso
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I should have used different verbiage then. I just want something maneuverable everywhere on the court. Not just at the net.

That isn't the POG or a remake of course. Just come out with a totally new mid. Because lets face it, to POG faithfuls, nothing is gonna match the original. lol

edman9898
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
OK, you want to know exactly what I want? It can be an EXO racquet, as I am fine with my Tour 100 18x20's (see my signature). Here it is:

Headsize: 97 (yes, not 95,98,or 100)
String Pattern: 16x19
Weight: 12.1 oz
Swingweight: 320
Flex: 60
Beam: 19 at 2 o'clock thru 4 o'clock (doesn't matter everywhere else, 21 sounds good).

The name: Prince EXO3 Rapture (similar to Rafter :))

vsbabolat
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi VsBabolat,

Why not?! We are always willing to consider new ideas. Better yet, let’s have some fun with this... Next week we’ll post a poll on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/official.prince.tennis) with some custom color options for “limited edition” racquets in the future. We can't promise anything, but maybe, just maybe, we’ll put something special together for this.

Thanks,

Hi Prince Tennis,

Thank you for answering my question. I look forward to seeing and participating in your poll on Facebook. I certainly would like to see a more subdued color way in the EXO3 Rebel 95.

edman9898
08-20-2011, 08:20 PM
And while we're making a wish list, I would like a grip shape like that of the Wilson. :)

kissmyace
08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
OK, you want to know exactly what I want? It can be an EXO racquet, as I am fine with my Tour 100 18x20's (see my signature). Here it is:

Weight: 12.1 oz
Swingweight: 320
Flex: 60
Beam: 19 at 2 o'clock thru 4 o'clock (doesn't matter everywhere else, 21 sounds good).

The name: Prince EXO3 Rapture (similar to Rafter :))

I'd happily use this...as long as it didn't have another paint job were it looked like the 80's threw up on it!

Caesar
08-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Sounds like an overpowered frying pan.

topseed
08-21-2011, 03:05 AM
What Prince racket has a very similar specs with the Babolat Aero Pro Lite? Im currently looking for a Prince racket that has the following specs:

Weight: Not more than 11 oz strung
Stiffness: 70 RA - up
Balance: Head light to balance
Headsize: 95-100 sq inch
String pattern: 16x19

Thanks

ricki
08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Hello, I have great experience with Prince o3 Hybrid Tour racquet, but not only me, Ive lent it to guys playing czech league and the find it better than their Ignites... I wonder if you dont plan to put this racquet bact on maket (95 sq in, stiff, long oval head...)

Power Player
08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Do you have a racquet that can rival the Babolat Aero Pro Drive? Higher power and spin level, but still fairly light?

Also what is your opinion on duration of use of full poly string jobs in your racquets before they should be removed?

thebeast73
08-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Any chance of a thin beamed flexy player frame that is left unweighted to allow people to lead there rackets to whatever's specs they want?

boramiNYC
08-21-2011, 07:21 PM
You wrote:

So although the Prince Original Graphite will forever hold a place in our hearts, a 30 year old racquet does not fit in with our philosophy as we continue to look to the future and deliver weapons for tomorrow's champions.

I understand the business aspect of a company like Prince. You want to sell more racquets not want to make best racquets. Companies think if there's no perfect racquet for a sponsored top players just give paintjob. IMHO, real players' racquets are different from the ones for mass market appeal. Is it surprising such phenomenal player as Federer still uses a racquet that's not too different in specs from one of the old classics from Wilson, and that POG's specs are almost the same as that? Development of new technologies are important for the company and the game as well but to be honest there haven't been almost any really significant improvement after graphite revolution. IMO Prince should focus more on the number of critical parameters such as weight, balance, stiffness, length, headsize, etc. instead of trying to focus on novel idea that sounds good for marketing. You need to get rid of MBA's who have no clue about tennis and have no passion for it and find people who really love the game.

borami

Power Player
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM
You wrote:

So although the Prince Original Graphite will forever hold a place in our hearts, a 30 year old racquet does not fit in with our philosophy as we continue to look to the future and deliver weapons for tomorrow's champions.

I understand the business aspect of a company like Prince. You want to sell more racquets not want to make best racquets. Companies think if there's no perfect racquet for a sponsored top players just give paintjob. IMHO, real players' racquets are different from the ones for mass market appeal. Is it surprising such phenomenal player as Federer still uses a racquet that's not too different in specs from one of the old classics from Wilson, and that POG's specs are almost the same as that? Development of new technologies are important for the company and the game as well but to be honest there haven't been almost any really significant improvement after graphite revolution. IMO Prince should focus more on the number of critical parameters such as weight, balance, stiffness, length, headsize, etc. instead of trying to focus on novel idea that sounds good for marketing. You need to get rid of MBA's who have no clue about tennis and have no passion for it and find people who really love the game.

borami

You probably don't want to admit this, but modern racquets make the game easier for younger players who are playing a different game then when Federer started and the POG/Pro Staff were being used.

Prince even explains their thinking in the link they provided in the response.

yemenmocha
08-21-2011, 07:40 PM
In the future, does Prince plan to make players frames - higher static weight & swingweight, in other words >12 oz and mid 300's+ sw? So many seem geared towards intermediate & recreational players.

boramiNYC
08-21-2011, 08:03 PM
You probably don't want to admit this, but modern racquets make the game easier for younger players who are playing a different game then when Federer started and the POG/Pro Staff were being used.

Prince even explains their thinking in the link they provided in the response.

I'm not an old guy playing old school tennis. I recently graduated college and played college tennis competitively and I'm currently heavily involved in teaching and coaching young players and still train and play more than almost anyone. Lots of young players in US don't play that much different game than say 10 years ago. 15 to 20 maybe a little. I think a lot of good young players use whatever tools and techniques that will give them winning results right away and don't think about developing more fuller and deeper game that can mature into greatness. I believe those classic spec'ed racquets are better for such purpose than any other fancy new technologies that adds power and spin and what not. I still stand by my preference for POG/prostaff racquets and wish next Prince racquets can improve the old school feel but not just cater to young players looking for immediate results.

Stroke
08-22-2011, 05:56 AM
I'm not an old guy playing old school tennis. I recently graduated college and played college tennis competitively and I'm currently heavily involved in teaching and coaching young players and still train and play more than almost anyone. Lots of young players in US don't play that much different game than say 10 years ago. 15 to 20 maybe a little. I think a lot of good young players use whatever tools and techniques that will give them winning results right away and don't think about developing more fuller and deeper game that can mature into greatness. I believe those classic spec'ed racquets are better for such purpose than any other fancy new technologies that adds power and spin and what not. I still stand by my preference for POG/prostaff racquets and wish next Prince racquets can improve the old school feel but not just cater to young players looking for immediate results.

I think Prince has done this with the 03 Tour/Ozone Tour/and the current EX03 Tour. These racquets are a great platform weight that can easily be altered to a higher swingweight/static weight if one desires. Most pros customize their racquets. It is interesting that Prince dropped the stiffness in the EX03 Tour down to 52 from the 60/61 of the 2 older models bacause the 2 older models played so soft to me, but the holes with the flexible thin beam make all 3 models stand alone type racquets.

SonRK
08-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Will the Prince Speedport Tour ever see a true successor?

It was radically different than the O3 tour, but I loved the power and control of the racquet on that.

kabrac
08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
How long are you going to stick with these O hole designs? My thinking is prince is going to milk this thing as long as they can before they admit their mistake...kinda like the wmd thing in Iraq. Get your pride out of the way prince, admit you took a wrong turn and get back on the right track. You say "we make racquets for tommorrows champions". In some respects that's right. Name one player other than Maria Sharapova to win a slam with this design. You're going to be waiting a mighty long time for tommorrows champions as Maria has switched to Head as have so many others. Please remember this next time you go to make a racquet... Graphite/Titanium/Tugnsten/Carbon. Or just Graphite/Carbon
18-19 beam thickness
6 to 10pts head light
11.5 to 12.2 oz strung
95 to 100 sq. in.
27 to 27.5 in.
16x18 and 18x20

I don't know who is working behind the counter... just get some people that love tennis, that have played with alot of the older prince racquets from the past, know what works and what doesn't, what sells and doesn't sell, PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LASTEST THING IN THE LAB AND ALL THE MARKETING HYPE. Don't just make racquets with holes and hope you can sell them to people who buy it just because it's the new thing.

airdupont
08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Will there be any LongBody racquet coming out? Babolat is the only big brand I can think of who still makes them. Many of the Prince pros have a longbody...Ferrero, Ferrer,Bryans...so why not make a Rebel or a Tour in LB-version?

HodeClassicMP
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
The current POG mid with different string pattern, 16x19, will be perfect for me.

Dino Lagaffe
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
The Prince Exo3 Tour 100 comes with the PORT system installed. How much does installing the Grommet Insert alter the specs? I guess the change in specs hardly will be noticeable in actual play, but anyway, I'm curious about it.

UCSF2012
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
I have to admit, I've used Wilson for 15 years. I've avoided Prince rackets for years due to the Port holes. It seemed like a gimmick. It also seemed like having holes there would weaken the racket due to decreased support. I finally decided to buy the Exo3 Graphite 93 just to try it out, since it was only $89 shipped.

It's actually good technology, but the idea of having huge holes in a racket takes getting used to. On serves, I'd occasionally hit off-centered, and I'd feel it hit off-centered immediately. What surprised me was that those off-centered serves still went in with moderate speed, instead of dumping into the net. So basically, first serves went in at 2nd serve speed, but that's better than dumping it into the net. I was also able to kick my serves higher than usual. Also, the Port holes give midsize rackets oversized sweetspot, while maintaining the manuverability of midsize frames. Clever technology. (Clever but unpopular)

The balance is quite nice. Because it's very head light, I can dictate net clearance. (most important criteria for me in a competitive racket) I can control spin production. I can control depth. I don't feel like I have as much directional control as the K90 or KPS88 thou, and I can't seem to cut as sharp angles.

The bad is that the racket is not as stable on mishits, and the frame tends to twist in my hands. I added lead at 3 and 9 o'clock to make it more stable, but I lost some spin potential somehow. (sufficient spin production, but not the extreme spin I got unleaded.) Since then, I've taken the lead off because I like the extreme kick on serves.

What I really don't like is the grip shape. Too many times, I'm unsure whether I've made a complete grip change, because it just feels too square. (Wilson has the perfect grip shape.) I've adjusted by having my non-dominant hand double check grip changes, however.

The head shape is pure beauty. Wilson K90's are too narrow (but much more stable). Head Prestige are too narrow. Prince Graphite is perfect.

edman9898
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Sounds like an overpowered frying pan.

1. I was talking to Prince, not you.
2. I said "MY" ideal specs, not yours.
3. I could care less what you think.
4. Ok, I guess that's enough... :)

Larrysümmers
08-22-2011, 07:42 PM
1. I was talking to Prince, not you.
2. I said "MY" ideal specs, not yours.
3. I could care less what you think.
4. Ok, I guess that's enough... :)

hey if it makes you feel anybetter, i would def buy that stick. call it the edman98 tour!

airdupont
08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Since prince is really good in new things....Is it impossible to release special butt caps that can extend a racquet length(to 27,5)? So that a player has the choice whether extending it or leaving it as 27incher? This should be possible, what does everyone else think?

scotus
08-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Since prince is really good in new things....Is it impossible to release special butt caps that can extend a racquet length(to 27,5)? So that a player has the choice whether extending it or leaving it as 27incher? This should be possible, what does everyone else think?

Great idea!

TW used to carry a buttcap that accomplished this very function.

But it would be great if Prince could come up with something like this. If you provide the length, we can fill up the empty space inside on our own with some sort of spacer to prevent the handle from collapsing.

Or at least allow us to custom-order a few of your premium racquets (I know that you are keen on the custom-order idea on shoes) with lengths from 27 to 28 inches.

proracketeer
08-23-2011, 01:12 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=122380

scotus
08-23-2011, 01:36 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=122380

Oh, the good old Puma Super!

TW Staff
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
We'd like to thank everyone for participating! The forum is now closed for further questions. Prince is currently compiling their answers and will be posting them soon.

TW Staff

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
The Japan Thread

We’ve noticed a lot of questions about models available in Japan, so instead of posting back to each individually, we’re going to address your questions in one long post. Of course, if we miss anything, feel free to repost your question.

Point #1: Does Prince offer different racquets in other markets around the world?

Yes we do. There will always be subtle differences within the global tennis community and nowhere is this more evident than in Japan. That said, with the growth of global online retailers, the world is shrinking and some regional needs are becoming a thing of the past. While there will always be a need for some flexibility in certain markets, we are 100% committed to delivering the best global collection of tennis racquets to our tennis playing community.

Point #2: What are Japanese J-Type racquets?

Our seven J-type (short for Japanese Type) racquets are a specially designed for athletes in the Japanese market. Some are very similar to models you are already familiar with. Others are more unique, specifically requested and jointly developed with our local partners in Japan.

If you were to play with one of these racquets, the biggest difference you’d notice is what the Japanese call a "soft hitting feeling". By altering the carbon fiber lay-up (aka recipe) we allow racquet flexes at the moment of impact. By allowing the racquet to "breath" or flex more freely upon impact, we can control the way the racquet feels and the trajectory of the ball coming off the string bed. So, to answer the question from Black Knight, yes, models sold in Japan are made using a different construction and have slightly different specs.

That said, we are never satisfied and constantly pushing the boundaries with new innovations. All applicable next-gen tech designed for our J-Type racquets is, of course, added to all Prince racquets worldwide, and vice versa. In fact, the EXO3 Tour line is designed with a similar style to the J-Type racquets!

Point #3: Will these models be made available in the USA?

We’re open to it! We’d love to hear feedback from the TT community about their interest in seeing these models in the US. We can't promise anything, but the more feedback we get the better, always.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Paint Chipping Issues

Racquets are not designed to be run over by cars, thrown over fences, chewed up by dogs, or survive alien invasions. But if the racquet has been treated properly by the athlete – for hitting tennis balls – the paint should not chip or flake. Defective runs are extremely rare for us, but not impossible. We stand behind our production teams and QC process, but know that we will look into this immediately.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Response to Arthuro (#14)

Thanks for the question Arthuro, it's an excellent one!

As we mentioned above, we take Quality Control extremely seriously and have industry leading processes in place to ensure that we deliver only the highest quality tennis weaponry to the market. The white stickers you see on our racquets are manually placed there by our own internal QC staff, insuring that a racquet has passed all the steps in our QC process. The unique letters identify who inspected the racquet and when it was produced. Beyond the white sticker, we have many additional ways to track our racquets once they’ve been produced so that if we receive a defective racquet, we can quickly identify where the racquet was made and on what date and time it was produced. This allows us to solve problems quickly and immediately.

To answer your second question...

We do not have different levels of QC for our performance racquets. While no tennis brand reveals its QC process, Prince is the ONLY brand to publish the all-important swing weight of our racquets. Swing weight (aka how heavy a racquet feels while in motion) dictates the way the racquet plays and feels. As such, it is most important!

By publishing the swing weight of our racquets, we commit to taking the extra steps necessary to guarantee it! This requires tighter control over specs like weight and balance when mass producing a racquet, but it’s worth it because when you purchase 2 Prince racquets of the same model, you can be sure both racquets will play exactly the same! When you purchase a racquet without a tightly controlled swing weight… “you never know what you’re gonna get!”

Thanks again for the question Arthuro!

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Response to Doubles (#17)

Hey Doubles, thanks for the question. You know we can't give away all of our secrets for 2012 just yet! We can tell you that we will have some new models coming out next year that will take people by surprise... Sorry we can’t say more, but we’re really excited to get these new racquets in your hands ASAP...but we promise you won't be disappointed with the Prince’s 2012 arsenal and what's Next.

Thanks,

scotus
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Prince,

Would you please address the possibility of future releases of longbody racquets?

The topic has been brought up many times in this thread.

ollinger
08-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Hundreds of questions posed....and 4 responses???

whomad15
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM

at least they replied to a few, give em time, I'm sure they have plenty of hoops to jump through to not "give out trade secrets"

Interesting that the japanese have a different construction. But their J-types are still exo3, so the J-exo3 must be very soft compared to what us 'mericans are used to. Plus they get better paintjobs.

rdis10093
08-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I feel abused

TripleB
08-26-2011, 06:16 PM

Unless they are going to come back with some more answers....I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

TripleB

Cindysphinx
08-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Unless they are going to come back with some more answers....I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

TripleB

Patience, grasshopper.

They have to run everything past legal. :)

Cindy -- thinking Prince is just busy coming up with snazzy new color combinations for her

scotus
08-27-2011, 03:09 AM

To be fair, Prince made 7 previous replies on p. 6 of this thread.

ollinger
08-27-2011, 04:36 AM
To be fair, they stopped taking questions 5 days ago. How difficult is this for them?

Cindysphinx
08-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, I think it's pretty neat that TT and Prince decided to do this. I suspect it became way too many questions fired at them all at once.

Maybe next time it will work better to do the topics one at a time.

Dave M
08-27-2011, 01:56 PM
To be fair, they stopped taking questions 5 days ago. How difficult is this for them?

Would you believe that they may have other tasks to do as well as researching our questions? I suspect they know that any old fob 'em off answer won't work so I would expect they are trying to get genuine answers.

themitchmann
08-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Prince really doesn't NEED to do this. I think we should take what we can get and appreciate their time.

tata
08-27-2011, 06:22 PM
yea they didnt have to do it and they took the time to hear us out. even though not all quetsions were answered i think we have made some strong points and messages to them. give them benefit of the doubt.

edman9898
08-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree that Prince does not NEED to do this, but on the other hand, we are what keeps them in business. I have spent several hundreds of dollars with them in the past month. While this is nothing in the grand scheme of things, the people on this forum have contributed THOUSANDS! What would it hurt for Prince to set one employee's day aside to answer the questions THEY have asked for?

Arthuro
08-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Response to Arthuro (#14)

Thanks for the question Arthuro, it's an excellent one!

As we mentioned above, we take Quality Control extremely seriously and have industry leading processes in place to ensure that we deliver only the highest quality tennis weaponry to the market. The white stickers you see on our racquets are manually placed there by our own internal QC staff, insuring that a racquet has passed all the steps in our QC process. The unique letters identify who inspected the racquet and when it was produced. Beyond the white sticker, we have many additional ways to track our racquets once they’ve been produced so that if we receive a defective racquet, we can quickly identify where the racquet was made and on what date and time it was produced. This allows us to solve problems quickly and immediately.

To answer your second question...

We do not have different levels of QC for our performance racquets. While no tennis brand reveals its QC process, Prince is the ONLY brand to publish the all-important swing weight of our racquets. Swing weight (aka how heavy a racquet feels while in motion) dictates the way the racquet plays and feels. As such, it is most important!

By publishing the swing weight of our racquets, we commit to taking the extra steps necessary to guarantee it! This requires tighter control over specs like weight and balance when mass producing a racquet, but it’s worth it because when you purchase 2 Prince racquets of the same model, you can be sure both racquets will play exactly the same! When you purchase a racquet without a tightly controlled swing weight… “you never know what you’re gonna get!”

Thanks again for the question Arthuro!

Thank you for the reply. However, I would like to point out that while prince publishes their swingweight, very few of your racquets conform to that number. For example, I have two Q/C (I) racquets both weigh 330 grams, but have a swingweight of 318 and 328. This was measured on a Prince PTC. Additionally, the balance on the 318 was 30 cm while the balance on the 328 was 30.4 cm. I am having a headache now trying to match these as the 10 point difference in swingweight is more difficult to match given the static weight is the same. This is also the case for 6 more I am purchasing.

ricki
08-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I have 2 Rebel 95s and there is 7 grams difference between them, im not sure how it happens

Rabbit
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Paint Chipping Issues

Racquets are not designed to be run over by cars, thrown over fences, chewed up by dogs, or survive alien invasions. But if the racquet has been treated properly by the athlete – for hitting tennis balls – the paint should not chip or flake. Defective runs are extremely rare for us, but not impossible. We stand behind our production teams and QC process, but know that we will look into this immediately.

Thanks,

Yes, in a perfect world we would all play on grass, never have to bend our knees, or hit a ball from a less than perfect position. Unfortunately that is not the case. Let me assure Prince that the frames in question are not abused in any way and that the problems with both the EXO Tour & EXO Tour Team and has been reported by more than just a few players.

While i appreciate the spirit of Prince's effort and applaud the thought, I find the execution sorely lacking in substance and the response to the paint chipping issue so dismissive as to be offensive.

There are also a multitude of questions left completely unanswered. My advice to Prince or at least whoever 'answered' the questions & concerns posted is please don't do it again. You've actually done more harm than good here.

ollinger
08-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Use racquet tape if it's so troubling. There are also people who park their cars in parking lots and expect they'll never get a ding on the door. It happens. I don't imagine it's possible to make paint for a racquet that won't scratch or chip when it rubs on cement. The paint on the Exo grommets seems especially vulnerable, but painting on a smooth plastic surface isn't likely to make for great durability. If the esthetics trouble you, nail polish is available in a myriad of colors and adheres exceptionally well.

first volley
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Yes, in a perfect world we would all play on grass, never have to bend our knees, or hit a ball from a less than perfect position. Unfortunately that is not the case. Let me assure Prince that the frames in question are not abused in any way and that the problems with both the EXO Tour & EXO Tour Team and has been reported by more than just a few players.

While i appreciate the spirit of Prince's effort and applaud the thought, I find the execution sorely lacking in substance and the response to the paint chipping issue so dismissive as to be offensive.

There are also a multitude of questions left completely unanswered. My advice to Prince or at least whoever 'answered' the questions & concerns posted is please don't do it again. You've actually done more harm than good here.

i think they have done very well. for them to come on a internet message board and answer even a few questions... get a thumbs up from me. when you play on hard courts you are going to get chips on the frame. i didn't find anything on prince's response to be offensive... things don't last forever. :)

Larrysümmers
08-28-2011, 10:07 AM
When you pay $200 bucks for a tennis racket, it shouldn't get all beat up with normal play. i think it was a low blow for prince there for saying that the user is at fault.. also, if you are going to ask a message board to ask questions, you should answer them. look at all the info they got from a weeks worth of questions. they could profit big time because of us...

themitchmann
08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I've experienced some of the paint issues as well. They did say they would look into it...maybe we're the first large population to report the problem.

whomad15
08-28-2011, 03:50 PM
My 20+ year old POG only has scrapes at the head from a previous user. So I'm going to go and assume that no, paint isn't supposed to chip unless you're hitting the ground/fence/wall with the racquet.

tata
08-29-2011, 01:20 AM
the paint doesnt actually chip off. it RUBS off. ive had 2 other princes before and i never had mine rubbing off from the friction from a ball. i mean sometimes we catch the ball late and it nicks the edge of the frame and it goes out the fence. my previous frames had no prob but the exos did. for me its not the black paint, its the bronze paint on the ports that rubs off so dam easily.

airdupont
08-29-2011, 03:20 AM
to Prince:

Why can't you give us an answer about LongBody racquets?

mary fierce
08-29-2011, 05:55 AM
^^^^ manufacturers in competitive industries don't like to tip their hands much on future products, so they can force competitors to need time to catch up if something sells well. I heard in one of those Steve Jobs assessments that a large number of APPLE EMPLOYEES didn't know the company was working on a phone until the day the iPhone was released.

Caesar
08-29-2011, 06:35 AM
It would have been nice to know they were going to cherrypick a few questions to answer. Would have saved us all some time.

Lefty5
08-29-2011, 06:53 AM
It would have been nice to know they were going to cherrypick a few questions to answer. Would have saved us all some time.

agree, it was a good idea but epic fail in execution.

BDAZ
08-29-2011, 07:23 AM
i was trying to wait for a while to comment negatively on this effort from prince to see if they actually would answer all or most of the questions posed to them. at this point, i don't think any other responses are coming. granted, a lot of people asked or commented on the same thing (paint chipping issue), so they could use a blanket response. i asked what i thought was a fair question about why they thought the exo3 graphites and ignites didn't fair as well in the sales department as the rebels, but nothing from prince. i also commented to another poster about a racquet that prince offered in japan, so i think i got lumped into the japanese frames blanket response. i think prince expected a love-fest for all things exo3 tour, and didn't necessarily get it. i think they came on to tell us about upcoming things for 2012, but were unwilling to throw us any bones whatsoever. at this point, we've all seen the the new rebel, but how about a teaser pic of the new warrior? anyhow, good idea, so so to poor execution.

mary fierce
08-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Caesar
you've posted here 300 times since last month. Is your time really that precious?

Larrysümmers
08-29-2011, 07:32 AM
i was trying to wait for a while to comment negatively on this effort from prince to see if they actually would answer all or most of the questions posed to them. at this point, i don't think any other responses are coming. granted, a lot of people asked or commented on the same thing (paint chipping issue), so they could use a blanket response. i asked what i thought was a fair question about why they thought the exo3 graphites and ignites didn't fair as well in the sales department as the rebels, but nothing from prince. i also commented to another poster about a racquet that prince offered in japan, so i think i got lumped into the japanese frames blanket response. i think prince expected a love-fest for all things exo3 tour, and didn't necessarily get it. i think they came on to tell us about upcoming things for 2012, but were unwilling to throw us any bones whatsoever. at this point, we've all seen the the new rebel, but how about a teaser pic of the new warrior? anyhow, good idea, so so to poor execution.

PLUS there are many unanswered questions in the other threads...

cknobman
08-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Great thread TW and Prince thank you so much!!!

As for paint chipping, I have not really experienced this problem with either of my EXO3 Tour 16x18 racquets. Sure both of them have a few chips but I know that they directly came from me throwing my racquets at stuff out of frustration and not normal play.

themitchmann
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM

There are pics of the new Warrior floating around. I think you can see them on Prince's Russian site???

Caesar
08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Caesar
you've posted here 300 times since last month. Is your time really that precious?
Sure it is. Just because I choose to spend my leisure time posting here rather than (say) watching TV doesn't make my time any less valuable.

I spent a bit of time carefully considering my questions, than trawling through the follow-up waiting for answers to me and others. If they'd told us up front they'd only be choosing a couple of questions to answer I wouldn't have bothered.

UCSF2012
08-29-2011, 11:40 PM
No paint on earth is designed to withstand banging against concrete. When you hit a racket against the ground and paint comes off, it's the player's fault. This is a no-brainer.

UCSF2012
08-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I have 2 Rebel 95s and there is 7 grams difference between them, im not sure how it happens

That's a 2% error. I'd take a 98 on a test any day.

Rabbit
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
No paint on earth is designed to withstand banging against concrete. When you hit a racket against the ground and paint comes off, it's the player's fault. This is a no-brainer.

Sorry, let me be crystal clear. In comparison to graphite frames made by other manufacturers, Prince's paint is the worst. It's almost as if you could rub it off. I played 10+ years with Volkl C10's and never saw the kind of wear and tear that I do after 5 months with this frame.

Head tape won't fix what's wrong with this cosmetic. Personally, I could really care less. What made this so aggravating for me was Prince's response. Blaming the customer without asking any questions or even allowing for the possibility that there is an issue is just not good customer service especially in light of the number of complaints.

All that said, I still think this is a great frame and guess that by the time they change the cosmetic mine will look so crappy that I buy the follow on.

PBODY99
08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
I have to chime in on the paint. Fist, I found the trouble to start with the Speedports line not my O3's. . Players who went from O3's to Speedports or EXO all have complained to me about the durability of the finish. My client base is over35 and are avid players, so It is not racket abuse.
Wilson used to sell touch up paint color matched to the Hammer line at the time, but the rub of on some off the models this won't address.

windycitygirl
08-30-2011, 07:19 AM
I am in search of replacing the Prince 03 Speedport Black Team racquet that had been discontinued. Unable to find a Prince racquet to replace with the same feel. I have demoed several Prince Racquets with no luck and I did not care for the EX03 series. This racquet is overpriced in the secondary market and is very difficult to find with a size 0 grip. Will there be a similar racquet anytime soon?

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:33 AM
I've been away from the game... does the "shock eraser" still exist, I have a Thundercloud that I absolutely love, I'm wanting to get another Prince that has the "shock eraser" or has something similar to it. thanks

Hey first volley,

Great to have a Thundercloud user on the message board!

The new EXO3 models do not have shock erasers built in. This is an older technology that has been replaced by new innovations in the EXO3 line of racquets.

For athletes currently playing with Thundercloud, we recommend trying the new EXO3 Red 105. Designed with a built in vibration dampening tech called a "Double Bridge”, this racquet consists of an integrated elastomer based material that inserts directly into the yoke of the racquet @ 6 o'clock. The elastomer comes into contact with both the strings AND the racquet itself, eliminating 2 kinds of vibrations, string vibration and racquet shock. The Prince “Double Bridge” is the only tech on the market that does this simultaneously, delivering the ultimate in comfort and feel.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
in the next series of rackets that are released, will there be a smaller headsize racquet with a dense string pattern?
Thanks,

Hi CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS!

To answer your question, we need a little bit more information. Can you define small head size? Are you looking at 95" or less than 95"?

Let us know and we’ll give you a more accurate response!

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Great Questions Whomad15 (#22). Please see answers over the next few threads.

Question: Will there be any racquets released with an extended length?

We hear you loud and clear. We’ll be posting a new poll on our Facebook page in the coming weeks to get a better sense which models athletes would like to see in extended lengths (27.5", 28", 29", etc.)

Stay tuned!

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Question: What is the difference in construction between older versions of the Prince Original Graphite compared to the new Tours?

While we cannot disclose company secrets, we can speak to some of the similarities and differences between today’s Prince racquets and older models. The basics of graphite (carbon fiber) construction have changed very little over the years. Prince started making the POG in 1979 by rolling carbon fiber prepreg around an expanding cork core. Technology has since evolved and we now use internal air pressure, the industry standard, for producing all our carbon fiber composite racquets today.

Carbon fiber racquets are essentially hollow tubes drilled with 68 to 76 holes for strings. One common misconception we have seen on message boards is that we drill or remove material when molding the ports. We DO NOT drill or remove ANY material when molding the ports. Instead, we re-distribute the carbon fiber around a specific shape to create the design. This process provides a much stronger and more stable design than frames that have holes drilled in them.

On a final note, we often hear from players who love their older racquets and are struggling to find a modern equivalent. Sometimes this gets blamed on "marketing" or "pixie dust" technology, and many folks tend to think that racquets just aren't made the way they used to be. In reality, the situation is this:

No racquet has an infinite life span. Though a frame may not have visible damage to the naked eye, as the resin and fiber of a graphite racquet breaks down, the racquet loses some of its stiffness and power, compared to its original specs. Older, heavily used racquets will always play differently than brand new racquets. This is why we recommend that our elite juniors rotate frames every 18 months, at minimum! It is also why pro players go through so many racquets. Keep this in mind the next time you overhear someone comparing a brand new racquet to their hand-me-down vintage model.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Question #1: Why did the EXO3 Graphite 93 not come with the 14x18 string pattern?

Question #2: Will the Graphite or Ignite be brought back in any version?

Answer to #1: When we designed the EXO3 Graphite 93, the primary goal of this racquet was control. While developing the racquet we tested many different patterns side-by-side and the 16x18 clearly gave play testers the highest control rating.

With that said, we’d be curious to hear about your Prince dream racquet…

If you could design a racquet for TODAY'S game, what would it be? (headsize, weight, balance, cross section, string pattern, etc...) Don't just tell us the original POG Mid, get creative and think outside the box :)

Answer to #2: See answer above!

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-30-2011, 08:49 AM
General Racquet Thread: Are you going to develop XX racquet with YY specs

OK TT members,

There seems to be a LOT of requests/questions about specific specs. “Will we being making X, will we be re-introducing Y… etc.

We can't always let the cat out of the bag with future plans, but we CAN start a separate thread called "My Prince Racquet Wish List". This will be a forum/thread for TT members to build their dream racquet (headsize, weight, balance, string pattern, etc) and post it for the group to see.

We'll open this up for a period of time and then we'll tally up the most common requests to see what your next potential G.O.A.T would look like. We can also put together a poll with some of the finalists to allow you to vote. We can’t make any promises, but we just might make a limited edition model!

Thanks,

cknobman
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
My dream racquet would be:
(all of my specs are considering racquet to be strung)
Static weight: 11.7 oz
String pattern: 16x19
Head size: 95 sq inches
Length: 27 inches
Balance: 7 points head light
Stiffness: 58
Beam width: no more than 20mm at any point
Incorporate EXO3 technology - have both port and string hole insert options available
No cross bar/bridge stabilizerI am currently using the EXO3 tour which I like quite a bit and the specs I posted above are the slight modifications to it that I feel would make it the perfect racquet. Touch more weight, just a hair more dense on string pattern with a smaller head for enhanced control, and ever so slightly more stiff. Couple that with the ability to add in the string hole inserts so I can have two sticks (one port, one string) available for any conditions AND I WOULD BE IN HEAVEN.

airdupont
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
My could-be dream racquet?
Exo3 Tour 16-18 in 27.5 inches :-))))

Larrysümmers
08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Dream racket from prince.
11.7 unstrung
95-98sq in
12pts HL unstrung
17mm beam
and extended to 27.5or28
open pattern too. if you make a racket with a 15*16 pattern you could market it as more open for more spin, more control, more power.

and a either a classic pog pj, or a flashy yellow pj :)

FEDERERNADAL13
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM

OK TT members,

There seems to be a LOT of requests/questions about specific specs. “Will we being making X, will we be re-introducing Y… etc.

We can't always let the cat out of the bag with future plans, but we CAN start a separate thread called "My Prince Racquet Wish List". This will be a forum/thread for TT members to build their dream racquet (headsize, weight, balance, string pattern, etc) and post it for the group to see.

We'll open this up for a period of time and then we'll tally up the most common requests to see what your next potential G.O.A.T would look like. We can also put together a poll with some of the finalists to allow you to vote. We can’t make any promises, but we just might make a limited edition model!

Thanks,

That's awesome, thanks Prince :)

themitchmann
08-30-2011, 12:52 PM

OK TT members,

Sweet! I'm gonna think about this one for a while!

ricki
08-31-2011, 01:30 AM

OK TT members,

Thanks,

Count me in :)

It will be Current rebel specs with 100 sq.in. head and 16x19 pattern, open ports...

Sinner
08-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks Mr. Prince Rep... I'd be very interested in a "My Prince Racquet Wish List" thread as well...

I guess I should start forming my specs list.

The_Question
08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I actually really like the old Speedport Tour, but with added weights. Any plans of coming out with something similar to the old SPT?

whomad15
08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
dream racquet? 93-100" headsize, 8pts headlight, 14x18 or 16x19 (depending on the headsize). weight around 12.4oz strung. Roughly 62flex.
Swingweight and flex to me are really relative. A stiff racquet with low tension strings is still soft on the arm, while a flexy racquet at high tensions feels stiff etc, and swingweight seems to vary with how each person describes it.

klementine
08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
My dream racquet????

You guys just made it. :smile:

I had been using the Head Prestige Mid for close to four years. I had demo'd frames in between, but never found anything to replace my trusted mids.

I regard the two most important aspects of a racquet as #1. Beam width and #2 Flex. Besides my preferred string pattern... every other characteristic of how a racquet feels and performs can be manipulated by the user. Either through string and tension options or the more sadistic process of customization... lead tape, silicone and even various materials that can extend the frame's length.

I appreciate how Prince offered the everyday consumer one of the most, if not the most, flexable racquets available on the market in the EXO3 Tour 100.

I'm also grateful to Prince for leaving the static weight manageable enough for customization purposes.

I have 'tweeked' the EXO3 Tour 100 and made it more comfortable for my style of play and adapted it to my specifications. Literally making it 'MY' racquet. And if I spend a lifetime play-testing and searching for another frame that plays identical to my EXO3Tour100's, I probably won't find it.

I believe that is the future of the racquet industry. Keep it as simple as possible but give the option to the everyday player to customize their racquets.

Introducing weighted port and string hole inserts (maybe in 2..4.. and 5 gram increments) and maybe even introducing butt caps that can be installed by the consumer to extend one's racquet by 1/4in. , 1/2in. , and maybe (if possible) a full inch. Or even maybe cutting back on the confusing and sometimes overwhelming plethora of racquets available in the line and instead offer the same exact racquet in 3 distinct flex ratings.

Ideas such as these would be desired by many consumer-player-athletes (whatever our demographic is). The same options that are available to the professionals. A risk or gamble maybe... but one that I'm confident would pay-off and secure a nice market share in the competitive tennis industry.

scotus
08-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Introducing weighted port and string hole inserts (maybe in 2..4.. and 5 gram increments) and maybe even introducing butt caps that can be installed by the consumer to extend one's racquet by 1/4in. , 1/2in. , and maybe (if possible) a full inch. Or even maybe cutting back on the confusing and sometimes overwhelming plethora of racquets available in the line and instead offer the same exact racquet in 3 distinct flex ratings.

Brilliant ideas, especially the adjustable-length buttcaps!

Rabbit
09-01-2011, 09:04 AM
My dream racquet????

You guys just made it. :smile:

+1 on this except it's the EXO3 Tour Team.

Special likes are the weight/weight distribution/flex/and string pattern. I love the 16X18.

themitchmann
09-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Ok. Here it is:

Rebel 95 16x19

That was easy.

corbind
09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Is Prince done answering questions already? Just lurking to read more....

ChipNCharge
09-01-2011, 11:56 AM
LOL at you guys and your "dream specs" of 12.5oz strung with a 93" head size and 10 points headlight. Prince is in the business of selling racquets. They would sell about 10 racquets total with those specs (mainly by the racquet snobs on this board), and 5 of them would be in the "For Sale" forum after about two weeks.

thebeast73
09-01-2011, 03:29 PM
dream racket

98 head
12.4 ounces unstrung
10 points headlight unstrung
16x20 string pattern
15mm straight beam
around 52 flex
silicone injected in the handle
white and navy blue cosmetics

Fuji
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
dream racket

98 head
12.4 ounces unstrung
10 points headlight unstrung
16x20 string pattern
15mm straight beam
around 52 flex
white and navy blue cosmetics

I actually really dig this design! I would vouch for a 95 head, just because that's my most comfortable playing size, but everything else is perfect. I'm also a HUGE fan of silicone pre injected in the handle, I hate messing with it!

-Fuji

whomad15
09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
LOL at you guys and your "dream specs" of 12.5oz strung with a 93" head size and 10 points headlight. Prince is in the business of selling racquets. They would sell about 10 racquets total with those specs (mainly by the racquet snobs on this board), and 5 of them would be in the "For Sale" forum after about two weeks.

Fine, I want a racquet that weights 6oz, is 24points headheavy, has a flex of 147, a 10x16 string pattern, 106" headsize, and magically never hurts my arm. Oh and I want it to have a special magnet in it that makes the ball always hit the sweetspot so I never have to move, and it has a super high concentrated beam in the buttcap so I can just point it at my opponent and blind them temporarily whenever they go for any of my shots.

Last, it should also be able to stand on the head so that light goes in the air and hits a discoball so I can celebrate every time I win a point

corbind
09-02-2011, 01:08 AM
dream racket

What does that do for you? Dampen vibration?

cknobman
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
All you guys that want 12.5+oz frames I just dont see that happening.

Frames that heavy just dont have a huge target market anymore(at least in my area).

In my area I play tons of USTA league and tournament tennis and know quite a few players ranging from the 3.5-4.5 level and there are close to zero of them that want to play with 12.0+oz frames.

GS
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
My dream racquet WAS made by Prince---the now semi-rare POG Longbody. And since it has the great, square-ish Prince grip shape, it's perfect for me.

edman9898
09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
To reiterate what I said before Prince's last "response": My idea specs are:

Length: 27.25 inches

Weight: 12.1 oz strung

Swingweight: 325 strung

Flex: 56

Beam: 18 at 2 o'clock thru 4 o'clock (doesn't matter everywhere else, 21 sounds good).

Composition: 80% Graphite / 20% Kevlar

The name: Prince EXO3 Rapture (similar to Rafter ;))

auzzieizm
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I would love to try an extra long EXO3 TOUR 18x20 frame. Kind of like the EXO3 Tour version of the POGLB...

PBODY99
09-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Power level 1000 to 1200, 27.5 to 28 longbody head size between 100 and 110. EXO or whatever frame tech is next is fine. 16 and 18 main offering in the same model.

first volley
09-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Hey first volley,

The new EXO3 models do not have shock erasers built in. This is an older technology that has been replaced by new innovations in the EXO3 line of racquets.

For athletes currently playing with Thundercloud, we recommend trying the new EXO3 Red 105. Designed with a built in vibration dampening tech called a "Double Bridge”, this racquet consists of an integrated elastomer based material that inserts directly into the yoke of the racquet @ 6 o'clock. The elastomer comes into contact with both the strings AND the racquet itself, eliminating 2 kinds of vibrations, string vibration and racquet shock. The Prince “Double Bridge” is the only tech on the market that does this simultaneously, delivering the ultimate in comfort and feel.

Thanks,

thanks for the response... btw my wife now posesses two thundercloud's. I tried the AIRO hybrid black, great weapons... purchased two of them. keep up the great work! you have a customer for life. :)

Rabbit
09-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I just heard that Prince is launching a new program. They are going to allow anyone, for a set price, to purchase a package. The package will include X number of racquets, all customized to the user's specs, a bag, and string. This package will be orderable from any authorized Prince retailer and drop shipped to them. The purchaser writes the retailer a check and voila! you have racquets weighted and balanced to your specs.

Great idea!

ricki
09-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey first volley,

Thanks,

Doesnt EXO3 Blue have plastic inserts at 6o clock suspended on rubber?

rdis10093
09-03-2011, 01:08 PM
testing stuff

rdis10093
09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
testing stuff worked

new avatar

AbsolutTennis
09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Let’s please talk string patterns here: I’ve been playing with Prince forever: Graphite Mid (14 X 18), O3 Hibrid Tour (16 X 18), back to the “old” Graphite 93, tried the Ignite (awful), tried the Ozone Pro Tour MP (too light and very low SW), went back to the Graphite Mid, and now am adjusting to the EXO3 Graphite (16 X 18). With the Ignite and the “new” Graphite mid out of the lineup, and if I want to stick to a 16 X 18 pattern, does that mean Prince will leave me with only one option??? i.e EXO3 Tour (too light, low SW)… I’m definitely not going back to the 93 “old” graphite. Either there’s a new Rebel coming out with a 16 X 18, or Prince will drive me away to Dunlop or Wilson, that is probably bringing back the Pro Staff 95 (16 X 18) … Thanks for any suggestions !!!

ricki
09-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Let’s please talk string patterns here: I’ve been playing with Prince forever: Graphite Mid (14 X 18), O3 Hibrid Tour (16 X 18), back to the “old” Graphite 93, tried the Ignite (awful), tried the Ozone Pro Tour MP (too light and very low SW), went back to the Graphite Mid, and now am adjusting to the EXO3 Graphite (16 X 18). With the Ignite and the “new” Graphite mid out of the lineup, and if I want to stick to a 16 X 18 pattern, does that mean Prince will leave me with only one option??? i.e EXO3 Tour (too light, low SW)… I’m definitely not going back to the 93 “old” graphite. Either there’s a new Rebel coming out with a 16 X 18, or Prince will drive me away to Dunlop or Wilson, that is probably bringing back the Pro Staff 95 (16 X 18) … Thanks for any suggestions !!!

What was wrong with Ignite?

btw. new frames coming out in half-year: EXO Warrior 14x18 and Rebel 98 inch with 16x18(19?) - not sure about pattern

CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS!
09-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Sorry prince i meant like a 90 square inch headsize.
Thanks,

AbsolutTennis
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
What was wrong with Ignite?

btw. new frames coming out in half-year: EXO Warrior 14x18 and Rebel 98 inch with 16x18(19?) - not sure about pattern

Thanks Ricki! EXO Warrior on a 14 X 18 pattern... Should be interesting! A Rebel 98 with a 16 X 18 should play very similar to the Dunlop 300's 16 X 18 that were great racquets for me (mostly available in Europe). The new Dunlop ones, the 200 Tour, are 95, 16 X 18, but WAY too heavy. Simply couldn't adjust to the Ignite's. Pretty good feel, but couldn't play with them. Maybe too thick, hard to maneuver...

ricki
09-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks Ricki! EXO Warrior on a 14 X 18 pattern... Should be interesting! A Rebel 98 with a 16 X 18 should play very similar to the Dunlop 300's 16 X 18 that were great racquets for me (mostly available in Europe). The new Dunlop ones, the 200 Tour, are 95, 16 X 18, but WAY too heavy. Simply couldn't adjust to the Ignite's. Pretty good feel, but couldn't play with them. Maybe too thick, hard to maneuver...

Im seriously thinking about getting Ignite 95s as they are now at super cheap 70 dollars, just had not chance to try it. I tried Ignite Team 95 and its too light/whippy for me :-(

whomad15
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Im seriously thinking about getting Ignite 95s as they are now at super cheap 70 dollars, just had not chance to try it. I tried Ignite Team 95 and its too light/whippy for me :-(

Regular ignite is a beast.

edman9898
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM

I played with it a while. Because it was so HL, it felt a little hollow to me. I did not try putting lead in the hoop, which I think might help this frame tremendously. It was a terrific doubles racquet, so much so that if that was all I played I would still have it. However, my time is split about 60/40 towards the singles end.

Player#1
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
They should bring back the Prince Woodie!!!

That racquet is almost as easy to hit with as a graphite OS racquet...

Only problem is that for the most part, the ones left now have gone too soft too hit with the same power and stability as when they were new.

Time to reissue it!

whomad15
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Never understood why people say it's easier to hit with an OS. After a certain skill level, the only difference is control, you still have to hit the ball in the sweetspot if you want that perfect shot.

WTB 14x18 exo3 graphites. I know Prince answered because "more control" but that was a defining characteristic of the racquet, and now theres a 14x18 warrior coming out? guess they found a mistake.

http://princetennis.net.ua/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=231&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=129

russia gets the warrior, which is a combo of the exo3 black+white. 14x18 and 16x19, and several variations of it, and rebels.
america gets.. nothing! yay!
Kind of scared of the warrior, 7pts headlight. 10.6oz unstrung 100"

themitchmann
09-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Some of those frames might hit the US market. Japan got the Exo3 line before we did in the US.