PDA

View Full Version : Prince Footwear Questions/Discussion

TW Staff
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
For the next week, use this thread to ask Prince questions about footwear, and they'll get back to you by 8/23.

Hey there TT members,

First off, thank you all for the great posts that have already been submitted. This is a new and exciting program, and we’re eager to engage with the TT community to help deliver products and information that truly help take your games to the next level.

Before we start answering questions, there are a few things to point out:

1. You are actually engaging directly with Prince product and player development managers . This is not a summer intern program. We are dedicated to taking our products and your game to the next level, and the best way to do that is to speak directly with you, the athletes.

2. While we’re always eager to make our products better, it's important that we hear not only what's NOT working for you, but also what IS working for you. We need both sides of the story in order to make your comments come to life.

3. Our ultimate goal here is to have an open and forward-thinking dialogue about the future direction of Prince products and all other areas of the game. Though some answers may not be to exactly what you hoped for, they will be detailed, sincere, and straight from the horse’s mouth.

4. We have extensive elite partnerships and the most knowledgeable staff in the sport, with expertise in nutrition, training, sponsorship, mental conditioning, etc. While we appreciate the product related questions, please don't hesitate to ask about these other important topics which can help take your game to the next level.

5. Please be aware that we will do our best to respond to every question asked, we must also conduct our daily responsibilities and continue to develop products and programs for athletes.

OK, with that out of the way... let's hear your questions!

Thanks,
Prince Tennis - Who's Next.

zapvor
08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
prince! can you please bring back the OC1 tennis shoes. black and red. i still have my old pair and they are the best. thanks much!

themitchmann
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Any chance Prince will start a footwear customization program like MiAdidas or NikeID?

Custom colors would be awesome on the Rebels.

ollinger
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
The NFS last is the reason I buy prince shoes. Will we see more models in this format?

GoSurfBoy
08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Dear Prince,

In the Spring, I will be again leaving to play ITF's. I have found the T-22 to be an outstanding shoe, but have a small-but-painful problem.

On my right foot, outer-right edge, there is a the cuboid bone, which has a somewhat pointed outer edge.

The problem with the T-22 is that the first plastic strap/lace holder (from the toe towards the heel), rubs murderously on my cuboid bone, only on the right foot. It feels, though, as if there is a hot coal in my shoe!

I have to cut the plastic lace strap at the sole/mesh connection area, up about 1" towards the top.

I know I am dreaming here, but can this be modified by you in ANY way? The shoe seems to be holding up just fine, as the plastic is stitched to the mesh, all the way, but it is VERY hard to cut JUST the plastic and not cut the mesh!

As far as I'm concerned, the T22 is the best high-performance yet cushioned shoe on the market - and it LASTS, so please do not suggest another shoe - or surgery. I missed this last year BECAUSE I went to a doctor, and am still trying to recover!

Thank you

bad_call
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Prince - the T22 are great but after a while the uppers stretch and my foot slides which ends up banging the toes. also the outsoles are great but the midsoles collapse somewhat. appreciate if the midsoles had tubes or something which held their shape longer.

thanks and keep up the good work in the shoe department.

parasailing
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Do you guys plan on making the Prince T22 in Mid for women?

dabudabuda
08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Something about the T10 made my foot feel cramped and compressed laterally in the area between the toes and the arch. I believe it was the shape of the insole as it felt better after changing the insole.

The mold looks the same so is the insole of the T22 the same as the insole on the T10?

The NFS last is the reason I buy prince shoes. Will we see more models in this format?

Would like to see the NFS Last with a more ventilated option

dabudabuda
08-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Dear Prince,

In the Spring, I will be again leaving to play ITF's. I have found the T-22 to be an outstanding shoe, but have a small-but-painful problem.

On my right foot, outer-right edge, there is a the cuboid bone, which has a somewhat pointed outer edge.

The problem with the T-22 is that the first plastic strap/lace holder (from the toe towards the heel), rubs murderously on my cuboid bone, only on the right foot. It feels, though, as if there is a hot coal in my shoe!

I have to cut the plastic lace strap at the sole/mesh connection area, up about 1" towards the top.

I know I am dreaming here, but can this be modified by you in ANY way? The shoe seems to be holding up just fine, as the plastic is stitched to the mesh, all the way, but it is VERY hard to cut JUST the plastic and not cut the mesh!

As far as I'm concerned, the T22 is the best high-performance yet cushioned shoe on the market - and it LASTS, so please do not suggest another shoe - or surgery. I missed this last year BECAUSE I went to a doctor, and am still trying to recover!

Thank you

I found the T10(T22s look to be from the same mold) cramp in the area between the toes and arch. I ended up cutting the plastic myself and it did not seem to help until I changed the insole. I'm referring to the plastic on the bottom 2nd and 3rd laces. The insole seemed to have extra raised padding on the side for lateral support but felt cramp for my foot. Have you tried a different insole?

Also, I ended up using a razor blade to cut just the stitching and a strong pair of scissors to actually cut the plastic/rubber. Really was a hassle that I thought would help.

Lphansen
08-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Please re-invent the NFS last in highperformance shoes!

Regards lphansen

jmverdugo
08-16-2011, 03:08 AM
I am a big fan of Prince Footwear, I mainly use the T Series but at the beggining of the year I tried the Rebel. I have two questions:

1. How come the T9 Roadster doesn't come with a 6 month warranty, I had probably 2 pairs of the red and black ones and, IMO, the outsole is the same as the T10 and the durability is also the same.

2. Is there any plan on updating the outsole of the Rebels and manufacturer them with the same material of the T Series? I think it is a great shoe, very comfortable and stable but it doesn't last more than 2 months.

Thanks!

Cindysphinx
08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Another Prince T-22 fan.

Can you please, pretty please give us ladies some more interesting color cominations? I bought two pairs in grey/yellow, and I got a bunch of compliments on them. Now they are almost worn out, and I can't find anything equally fun. Black is nice and I do buy them, but sometimes a gal wants to have some fun too!

Thanks!

GoSurfBoy
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
dabudabuda: Yes, I use different insoles, although stock-Prince insoles are actually quite good.

Just got off the courts from a 3 hour practice match. With the cutaway, no foot pain, and lacing is still as if the plastic lace-strap were connected to the sole.

I would feel more comfortable if these were simply made in a 'half-strap' configuration, rather than cutting up a new pair of shoes to achieve this, and we get fussy about starting a new search when we have something that's virtually perfect. The toe box area of the T22's are perfect to my foot.

I don't see Prince responding to any posts, in any section, so this might simply be a typing exercise.

themitchmann
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
^^^they've posted a bunch of replies in the string section. Just be patient.

kevten
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
The NFS last is the reason I buy prince shoes. Will we see more models in this format?Ditto, I am down to my last pair of Cobras...

max
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
You gonna make anything narrow?

Toland
08-17-2011, 03:12 PM
T-22 is good, but design is really ugly and not everybody like this mesh top.
Why not to make, say T-23 with leather top - there is a lot of people ( me included ) dreaming about nice leather tennis shoes ( hard to find nowadays )

zapvor
08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
so Prince can you please help us players out here with the shoes!!!

GoSurfBoy
08-18-2011, 05:24 AM
PS....Bring back the 'bumblebee' T22's, and maybe add a black with red, black with silver, black and lime, etc.?

Be a nice addition, since the 22's seem to be a staple seller for Prince.

Thank you.

Cindysphinx
08-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Oooh, would you look at all the fun the competition is having?

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/WWTVBB-1.jpg

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/WWTSTWL-1.jpg

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/AWGR3BP-1.jpg

GoSurfBoy
08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Ouch, Cindy! That ought to wake up a few at corporate. Sweet shoes. I tried the Asics. Didn't fit or feel like a 22. Bummer.

I guess it's plain black T22's for me, and break out the razor knife and cut away when they arrive!

By the way; I had a pair of the White/Black/Scarlet T22's (TW does not have them, hol@b**d does), with silver lace-straps. I took a black leather die pen and covered all the white. Sweeeeeeet.

Got SOOOO many questions; "What shoes are THOSE?! Niiiiice!"

So nice, in fact, they were stolen from my front porch.

Tempted to do it again. My coach said they were the best looking Princes' he'd ever seen.

Just a quickie of what I did...

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/surf69er/111779_3.jpg

Coach Carter
08-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Would love to be able to get more pairs of the NFS Freak in a size 10 1/2 (hint)...new colors, etc. I love the feel of Prince shoes...but these had a very snug feel. Customs would be a great option.

Cindysphinx
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Ouch, Cindy! That ought to wake up a few at corporate. Sweet shoes. I tried the Asics. Didn't fit or feel like a 22. Bummer.

I guess it's plain black T22's for me, and break out the razor knife and cut away when they arrive!

By the way; I had a pair of the White/Black/Scarlet T22's (TW does not have them, hol@b**d does), with silver lace-straps. I took a black leather die pen and covered all the white. Sweeeeeeet.

Got SOOOO many questions; "What shoes are THOSE?! Niiiiice!"

So nice, in fact, they were stolen from my front porch.

Tempted to do it again. My coach said they were the best looking Princes' he'd ever seen.

Just a quickie of what I did...

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/surf69er/111779_3.jpg

I would order two pairs of those shoes the day they were released.

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
prince! can you please bring back the OC1 tennis shoes. black and red. i still have my old pair and they are the best. thanks much!

Hi Zapvor,

Thanks for the compliment. While the O Series shoes (and M Series) were very popular with their tube tech midsole, the game continues to evolve, and so do we. Currently we’re focused on the T Series and Rebel platforms. Have you checked out the T22, which is now the best-selling shoe at tennis specialty shops in the United States? It’s known for its slip on comfort, incredible durability, and has the additional benefit of 4Foot straps to stabilize your foot and prevent jamming in the toe box area. Or if you like a lower, lighter, faster model, check out the Rebel LS.

Thanks,
Prince Tennis -Who's Next.

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Any chance Prince will start a footwear customization program like MiAdidas or NikeID?

Custom colors would be awesome on the Rebels.

Hi Mitch,

Great post! We agree that a custom program would be awesome and we are all about offering customized solutions. While there are no immediate plans for custom colors, this is one idea we’ll continue to consider in the future. What would your customized Rebel look like?

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 11:58 AM

Hi Ollinger,

Thanks! You’re definitely not alone in your love for the NFS line and their wider last / toe box shape that follows the natural shape of the foot (hence the name). The models with this tech tend to be more traditional and “old school”, and therefore, are updated less frequently. The collection will be available for years to come, and we’ll continue to explore development of new models down the road.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Prince - the T22 are great but after a while the uppers stretch and my foot slides which ends up banging the toes. also the outsoles are great but the midsoles collapse somewhat. appreciate if the midsoles had tubes or something which held their shape longer.

Hi Bad Call,

The mesh upper on the T22 can stretch over time. We suggest pulling the laces tighter on the 4Foot straps to prevent toe jam. It is most important to secure the foot in the front area of the foot before the foot gains volume in the instep area. If you’re looking for a more durable upper, we suggest the T10. The T10 is very snug with its multiple layers of material that resist stretching. One consequence of a more durable outsole is that long wear can compress the midsole over time. However, the foamed midsole provides more cushioning. You’ll also want to keep your eye out for a new T model coming in 2012!

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you guys plan on making the Prince T22 in Mid for women?

Hi Parasailing,

Unfortunately, the market for women’s mid cuffs is very small and does not justify the model. As a potential solution, have you tried the men’s mid in one size smaller? It might be just what you’re looking for. We do offer the Scream 3 in a mid cut for women.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Something about the T10 made my foot feel cramped and compressed laterally in the area between the toes and the arch. I believe it was the shape of the insole as it felt better after changing the insole.

The mold looks the same so is the insole of the T22 the same as the insole on the T10?

Would like to see the NFS Last with a more ventilated option

Hi Dabudabuda,

The T10 shares the same last as the T22, but the upper on the T10 does not stretch as much, thus the tighter fit. Think of the T10 as a race car with a full shoulder strap harness to keep you in the driver’s seat while pulling high G force turns. The T22 takes that concept and adds some comfort.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Please re-invent the NFS last in highperformance shoes!

Regards lphansen

Hi Lphansen,

We love your suggestion to bring back NFS to high performance shoes. NFS is currently a key fit system in our popular high performance indoor shoes. We will definitely consider this moving forward.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I am a big fan of Prince Footwear, I mainly use the T Series but at the beggining of the year I tried the Rebel. I have two questions:

1. How come the T9 Roadster doesn't come with a 6 month warranty, I had probably 2 pairs of the red and black ones and, IMO, the outsole is the same as the T10 and the durability is also the same.

2. Is there any plan on updating the outsole of the Rebels and manufacturer them with the same material of the T Series? I think it is a great shoe, very comfortable and stable but it doesn't last more than 2 months.

Thanks!

Hi jmverdugo,

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer the 6 month warranty on all models.

The Rebel is designed to be lighter, lower, and faster, while the T Series is designed for more support and durability. Keep an eye out for the Next generation of Rebel shoes in 2012 that will feature even better cushioning, support, durability, and perhaps most important for some, incredible new styles!

Thanks,

robby c
08-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I have the Viper V Mid and the T-22 Mid.
I really like the look of the new Viper VI. White and Navy colors are classic.
One support issue in both models. I have high arches, and I have to wear 2 pair of socks to keep my arches from bottoming out against the court. Especially at net.
I wear the T-22's only on clay. I have to wear the Vipers on hard courts.
I appreciate Prince making Mid-top shoes for us folks that need them.
Thanks,
Robby C

masterxfob
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
more color options on the t22 would be great!

FloridaAG
08-18-2011, 02:09 PM
T-22s are awesome. Been through many pairs.

Was there a problem with a lot of the Orange ones? I had to send a pair back as the undersoles started falling apart the first time I wore them.

Cindysphinx
08-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi Mitch,

Great post! We agree that a custom program would be awesome and we are all about offering customized solutions. While there are no immediate plans for custom colors, this is one idea we’ll continue to consider in the future. What would your customized Rebel look like?

Thanks,

I too would be interested in a custom color option.

If you need a hook to sell the execs on the idea, consider this. If you offer custom colors, you will soon have valuable marketing information about what designs consumers like. When you spot a trend, this gives you a solid basis for designing something for the mass market. You could even market the new shoe as the "Player's Favorite" or some such, to further hook the consumer into the process.

In essence, you'd be harnessing the creativity of your customers to assist you in future designs and using the customer's ideas for free, while at the same time charging the customer extra for the privilege of doing your design work for you.

You're welcome! :)

bad_call
08-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Bad Call,

The mesh upper on the T22 can stretch over time. We suggest pulling the laces tighter on the 4Foot straps to prevent toe jam. It is most important to secure the foot in the front area of the foot before the foot gains volume in the instep area. If you’re looking for a more durable upper, we suggest the T10. The T10 is very snug with its multiple layers of material that resist stretching. One consequence of a more durable outsole is that long wear can compress the midsole over time. However, the foamed midsole provides more cushioning. You’ll also want to keep your eye out for a new T model coming in 2012!

Thanks,

thanks - i do re-tie the laces during the course of play. maybe need a slightly snugger model...

Prince Sports, Inc.
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey there TT members,

First off, thank you all for the great posts that have already been submitted. This is a new and exciting program, and we’re eager to engage with the TT community to help deliver products and information that truly help take your games to the next level.

Before we start answering questions, there are a few things to point out:

1. You are actually engaging directly with Prince product and player development managers . This is not a summer intern program. We are dedicated to taking our products and your game to the next level, and the best way to do that is to speak directly with you, the athletes.

2. While we’re always eager to make our products better, it's important that we hear not only what's NOT working for you, but also what IS working for you. We need both sides of the story in order to make your comments come to life.

3. Our ultimate goal here is to have an open and forward-thinking dialogue about the future direction of Prince products and all other areas of the game. Though some answers may not be to exactly what you hoped for, they will be detailed, sincere, and straight from the horse’s mouth.

4. We have extensive elite partnerships and the most knowledgeable staff in the sport, with expertise in nutrition, training, sponsorship, mental conditioning, etc. While we appreciate the product related questions, please don't hesitate to ask about these other important topics which can help take your game to the next level.

5. Please be aware that we will do our best to respond to every question asked, we must also conduct our daily responsibilities and continue to develop products and programs for athletes.

OK, with that out of the way... let's hear your questions!

Thanks,

rich s
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Hi Bad Call,

Thanks,

thanks - i do re-tie the laces during the course of play. maybe need a slightly snugger model...

get two pair of laces for your shoes.....

you put the first shoe lace thru the bottom 3-4 sets of holes and the second shoe lace thru the top 3 sets of holes. By doing this, you isolate the bottom sets of holes from the top sets of holes.... the bottom sets don't loosen during foot movement at the expense of the top one becoming too tight and you eliminate toe jam....

http://i55.tinypic.com/25i7met.jpg

fgzhu88
08-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Let me start off by saying that my Prince QT Screams have been the best shoes I have ever owned (rec player, 1x/2x a week). list of outperformed shoes: reebok roddick pumps, nike breath free 3, nike vapor 3, adidas feather ii, adidas tirand iii, asics gel game.

Pros: Comfort, stability, weight. My favorite thing about this shoe is the super-plush collar cushioning. there is ample padding around the ankles and tendon. The tongue has elastic centering straps, which is rare nowadays; keeps the tongue from shifting too much to the outer foot. Ventilation has not really been an issue despite the relative lack of mesh and there are no noticeable odors accumulating.

mehs: toe and medial durability. My toes aren't showing yet, and it's been 8 months so no complaints. It could use a bit more rubber on the red areas shown below.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5rKiNRYqGyk/TlHVhWzFHkI/AAAAAAAAASo/Qc_k7LaDR5Q/s800/IMG00119.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-xiCeKd3WQqo/TlHVi_vMOQI/AAAAAAAAASs/TnCDLg-xac8/s800/IMG00120.jpg

Outsole is surprisingly durable. The traction obviously isn't that great anymore, but given how much I slide, I don't really mind. (see below)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3L9_q3JkFmY/TlHcWKdfZqI/AAAAAAAAAS0/pwtfxf9JoVM/s800/IMG00121.jpg

cons: color choice, or lack thereof

Just wanted to say that I'm a happy camper but if you added this shoe to the customization program, I would never purchase any other shoe, ever :D

boramiNYC
08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
have you considered the BOA system for tennis shoes? I liked BOA on my snowboard boots and have seen some regular shoes adopting the system. It's super fast to tighten and loosen and adjustable in small increments.

borami

FloridaAG
08-23-2011, 07:46 AM
get two pair of laces for your shoes.....

you put the first shoe lace thru the bottom 3-4 sets of holes and the second shoe lace thru the top 3 sets of holes. By doing this, you isolate the bottom sets of holes from the top sets of holes.... the bottom sets don't loosen during foot movement at the expense of the top one becoming too tight and you eliminate toe jam....

http://i55.tinypic.com/25i7met.jpg

T22s come with 2 pairs of laces

TW Staff
08-23-2011, 09:53 AM
We'd like to thank everyone for participating! The forum is now closed for further questions. Prince is currently compiling their answers and will be posting them soon.

TW Staff

windycitygirl
08-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Need narrow size shoes for woman.

Cindysphinx
09-07-2011, 05:07 AM
So uh . . . how are those answers coming along, Prince?

Prince Sports, Inc.
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Another Prince T-22 fan.

Can you please, pretty please give us ladies some more interesting color cominations? I bought two pairs in grey/yellow, and I got a bunch of compliments on them. Now they are almost worn out, and I can't find anything equally fun. Black is nice and I do buy them, but sometimes a gal wants to have some fun too!

Thanks!

Hi Cindy,

Check out our T22 Team Series, which comes in Orange, Green, Red, Blue and is sold on Tennis Warehouse. Also, keep an eye out for exciting new colors in 2012 from new T24 and Rebel 2 footwear.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
You gonna make anything narrow?

Hi Max,

Our Rebel Series is designed with a more narrow last for this foot type. They are lower, lighter, and faster match-day footwear.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
T-22 is good, but design is really ugly and not everybody like this mesh top.
Why not to make, say T-23 with leather top - there is a lot of people ( me included ) dreaming about nice leather tennis shoes ( hard to find nowadays )

Hi Toland,

Our top priority in designing the T-22 was function, with its 4foot straps and mesh uppers for ventilation. However, it is the #1 shoe in the United States tennis specialty market, so we’re confident it can’t be THAT ugly! (:

An upgrade is coming though. It is called the T24 and a sneak peek will be coming soon. If a full leather upper is what you are looking for, we suggest looking at our NFS and Scream shoes - depending on your playing style.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Would love to be able to get more pairs of the NFS Freak in a size 10 1/2 (hint)...new colors, etc. I love the feel of Prince shoes...but these had a very snug feel. Customs would be a great option.

Hi Coach,

The NFS Freak was unique with its NFS foot shape and more narrow last. Others have requested more NFS footwear, so we are currently considering it based on athlete feedback from this forum. For a snug feel we definitely suggest trying the Rebel shoe.

Thanks,

Prince Sports, Inc.
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
have you considered the BOA system for tennis shoes? I liked BOA on my snowboard boots and have seen some regular shoes adopting the system. It's super fast to tighten and loosen and adjustable in small increments.

borami

Hi Borami,

We cannot answer this due to confidentiality agreements. Let's just say that as innovation leaders we explore any and all technical enhancements that can benefit the athlete and take their games to new levels.

Thanks,

Cindysphinx
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Cindy,

Check out our T22 Team Series, which comes in Orange, Green, Red, Blue and is sold on Tennis Warehouse. Also, keep an eye out for exciting new colors in 2012 from new T24 and Rebel 2 footwear.

Thanks,
So, no soup for me. :(