PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Propulse 3 Fit

roddick_rulz
08-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Do they fit true to size? Any suggestions when ordering these shoes?

Virginiuh
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Second this question

mrtrinh
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
yup they pretty much fit true to size. it also helps if you tell us what shoes you wore previously and how you liked them

sandiegoman
08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
How do you like these shoes compared to Nike's? I'm trying to decide...

eidolonshinobi
08-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Shoes fit true to size, but the durability is sub par that of Nike and Adidas. I didnt feel as secure with them on, but on the upside they feel lighter.

PhotoBlue
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Shoes fit true to size, but the durability is sub par that of Nike and Adidas. I didnt feel as secure with them on, but on the upside they feel lighter.

Agreed about the durability part, not up to par, if you want a pair of shoes that will last you a long time, go with barricades or ballistecs.

mrtrinh
08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
i agree with the others, durability is decent but nothing great. the straps are nice to help keep the foot secure. im on my warranty pair and I plan to buy to a pair of barricades next. I dont like the low arch and ive almost rolled my ankle a few times.

parasailing
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
How do you like these shoes compared to Nike's? I'm trying to decide...

I like them more than Nikes with the exception of the forefoot cushioning which is subpar. I have tried CB 2.3s, 3.3s, Vapor 6s, Vapor 7s, and 2K10s. The Propulse 3s offer a wide toe box with excellent lateral support and great traction. The Vapor 6 offered the same with the exception of narrow toe box but better cushioning than the Propulse 3s.

Ronny
08-17-2011, 11:35 PM
hey how do they fit in size compared to 2k10's? im wearing a pair of size 11.5 2k10's. would u recommend the same size or bigger/smaller?

mrtrinh
08-18-2011, 08:36 AM
hey how do they fit in size compared to 2k10's? im wearing a pair of size 11.5 2k10's. would u recommend the same size or bigger/smaller?

I would get the same size, fitment is very similar to 2k10's with a roomy toebox

parasailing
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I would get the same size, fitment is very similar to 2k10's with a roomy toebox

I got the 2K10s and find that the Propulse 3 is wider in the toe box which is great. The 2k10 while wide still cramp my toes.

zapvor
09-28-2011, 05:34 PM
i love the fit of them. very hugging and supportive. good cushion too. but i cant speak for durability

The Big Kahuna
09-28-2011, 06:50 PM
They are light and comfortable, however, have a lot of play in the forefoot and lack stability compared to the Nike 2K11, for example. The toe box is just too wide for me.

parasailing
09-29-2011, 12:58 AM
I guess it really depends on how wide your feet are. They feel stable to me and love the low to the ground feel. The only downside of the Propulse 3s are the lack of forefoot cushioning which can be address by adding an cushion insole. Other than that, it's almost the GOAT shoe. Traction is amazing on hard courts and you can just turn on a dime with these shoes. Lateral stability is excellent as well.

raging
09-29-2011, 02:01 AM
I guess it really depends on how wide your feet are. They feel stable to me and love the low to the ground feel. The only downside of the Propulse 3s are the lack of forefoot cushioning which can be address by adding an cushion insole. Other than that, it's almost the GOAT shoe. Traction is amazing on hard courts and you can just turn on a dime with these shoes. Lateral stability is excellent as well.

It shows how individual shoe fit can be, I went down a size on 3s & it was a good decision. Unfortunately the lighter material is not as supportive IMHO as the earlier propulse2 model. However the extra lightness (only half an ounce but %wize a big drop) may help movement.
I always liked the low to ground feel on this shoe & will see what happens with
the new propulse 3. It seems to be same shoe just new colours.

Teski
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
It shows how individual shoe fit can be, I went down a size on 3s & it was a good decision. Unfortunately the lighter material is not as supportive IMHO as the earlier propulse2 model. However the extra lightness (only half an ounce but %wize a big drop) may help movement.
I always liked the low to ground feel on this shoe & will see what happens with
the new propulse 3. It seems to be same shoe just new colours.

That's funny because I went up a half size on the ProPulse 3's. I normally wear a 10 and I had to go to 10.5 on these. Love the shoe though!

okdude1992
10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
i really loved the fit. very snug in the heel, but plenty of room in the toe box. once again, durability was not good, but at least it has the 6 month guarantee

parasailing
10-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Getting two pairs of shoes for the cost of the first and round trip shipping isn't too shabby. The colors are pretty cool looking as well.

hcb0804
10-02-2011, 11:14 AM
They fit true to LENGTH size, but are W-I-D-E in the width, I have to wear the thickest Thorlo sox for them to be snug enough. The Propulse I was ultra narrow, Propulse II was wider, and the 3 is the widest, like a 3E in my opinion.

parasailing
10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I guess since I wear the Nike Elite BB socks, the extra width doesn't both me much. Some might find it too wide thus making it unstable in the forefoot but if you have wide feet and use thick socks, it's the perfect shoe.

I hope they just add more cushioning in the forefoot on their next version of the Propulse.

Teski
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
They fit true to LENGTH size, but are W-I-D-E in the width, I have to wear the thickest Thorlo sox for them to be snug enough. The Propulse I was ultra narrow, Propulse II was wider, and the 3 is the widest, like a 3E in my opinion.

How narrow are your feet and how 'snug' do you like your shoes? I completely disagree with your post but I have a little wider, flatter foot even though I am still a D width. These are not wide shoes. Pretty standard IMO.

rjw
10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
not good...I was thinking about these, but I think with my 4E width and durability issues = pass

hcb0804
10-03-2011, 02:41 AM
How narrow are your feet and how 'snug' do you like your shoes? I completely disagree with your post but I have a little wider, flatter foot even though I am still a D width. These are not wide shoes. Pretty standard IMO.

My feet are not narrow at all......Barricade 5s were considered "wide" by most everyone and fit me perfectly with normal thickness sox. I usually can't wear Thorlo sox with any shoes because they make the shoes too tight, but with the Propulse 3 the thickest Thorlos make them perfect on me.

Boxer
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Short version: I've had a couple of pairs of these and they work better for me than anything else I have tried.

Longer story...

I was using Barricade V's -- from miAdidas in the wide fitting. Then along came the VI's and miAdidas lost the wide option and replaced it with narrow...worthless to me. The retail VI is narrower and the last is more curved so no-go for me.

By contrast the Propulse 3 is I think wider in the toe box but it is also a lot less curvy in the last (Nike and Adidas shoes tend to be very "C" shaped curvy around the instep). This makes the Babolats seem wide to people with C shaped feet but normal to people like me with barely wider that D feet but that are not so curved...straighter if you will.

Compared to Nike (I've tried Vapors of various forms and Breathes at various times), the Propulse 3's have less squishy cushion under foot.

Compared to Barricades, the Propulse 3's have similar feel in the cushioning - not a lot really. This works well for me though since I use custom orthotics to support an overpronated low arch and that type of foot responds better (shoes are more comfy, counter-intuitive though it may seem) to solid shoes that don't allow the orthotic to sink in (defeating their support value).

Nike Breathe/Cages are more or less impossible to get orthotics in -- way WAY too narrow in the midfoot area and sometimes in the heel too. Orthotics work ok in the vapors but sink in.

Barricades were OK for orthotics in that they "bit" into the footbed at about the same time the shoe broke in in general anyway...after than the orthotic was rock steady in these.

Propulse 3's are super custom orthotic friendly.

I get the same sense of stability and traction from the Propulses compared to the Barricade V's -- locked onto hard court and fast over the ground. Generally both feel more stable than the Nikes which always seem flimsy to me -- probably good for people with perfect feet that have good balance and don't need much help with stability...unlike me :p

I have not noticed any big difference in the rate of wearing out the Propulses compared to Adidas. The Propulses clearly outlast anything I have had from Nike.

Now, the one odd thing...the two pairs of Propulse 3's I have had so far are not the same size -- both marked 10.5 US, one red and one white colorway. The white one I have to use Thorlo level 2 and the red one I use level 3's...not a big difference but it is enough to be noticeable to me anyway.

Big thumbs up from me for the Propulse 3's...I'm just praying Babolat don't change it too much any time soon!! If you are a straight-footed over-pronator like me, you might like these a lot.

Hope that is useful to anyone that has picky feet like me! :)

djNEiGht
10-18-2011, 07:11 PM
i tried a pair on in 12 (currently using gr3 in 12 and level 3 throlo's w superfeet insoles)

i have wide feet but felt my feet swimming a bit in the NB 1187s. Maybe an insole would help snug it up a bit.

The P3s felt very nice and supple but my toe was up against the tip of the shoe. I want to try a pair in 12.5 but the store didn't have any in stock. I tried the V-Pro in a 12.5 and my heel felt like it was slipping. Maybe the heel strap on the P3s would make it feel a bit more secure.

Any Propulse 3 users coming from GR3s?

parasailing
10-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I tried the GR3s but the heel of the shoe kept rubbing against my ankle so I went with the Propulse 3s. I have tried NB 1187s in 2E size and though the Propulse is not as wide, wider than most of the other shoes out there.

The straps definitely can really make you feel like you foot and shoe are one unit. The lateral support and low to the ground feel of this shoe is amazing.

Orion
10-23-2011, 03:46 AM
i tried a pair on in 12 (currently using gr3 in 12 and level 3 throlo's w superfeet insoles)

i have wide feet but felt my feet swimming a bit in the NB 1187s. Maybe an insole would help snug it up a bit.

Any Propulse 3 users coming from GR3s?

I got an 11.5 in the NB 1187 and felt the same way but that shoe is so light and cushioned it's ridiculous. I've been wearing a thicker sock and it's been great. I hav since switched to playing in the new Adidas Feather which I was surprised felt as good as it did given how disappointed I was with the Feather IV. I was a big fan of the Propulse 2. Have yet to try the 3's but they are on my radar. The light material makes them easier to break-in an keeps them cool in the summer. Not thrilled about the straps but the rear strap did seem to keep my foot planted.

volleynets
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I really want to try these but I'm coming from the CB 3.3s and it sounds like the Propulse 3s will be way too wide for my foot.