PDA

View Full Version : Built-In (Bra) Support

Tenfourtennis
08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
What the heck is up with shelf bras built into women's tennis apparel? Do these support ANYbody? I feel like most women (maybe) are bustier than the 1 mm thick band of fabric that most brands put into tennis clothing.

Nike- as a representative of SO many female athletes including Serena who does have a full chest, I am really disappointed. I've seen their attempt at a built-in bra with the new Fall Set Point Dress. You have to wear a sports bra with it anyway, and there are such intricate back designs that it's impossible to get a bra that matches it! The built-in one has all these massive seams that make you have wrinkles all throughout the chest fabric :(

Does anybody deal with this too? I honestly feel really strongly about this which makes me feel weird but, hey, what's a girl to do!? If there is a mysterious brand of tennis clothing that has good built-in bras, somebody please hook me up with who they are.

Tenfourtennis
08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
to Mindovermatter even though the post was deleted: it wasn't a picture of that!! It was a picture that said "NO." thanks for assuming I am that easy but unfirtunately for y'all I'm not.

MindoverMatter
08-16-2011, 08:27 PM
sorry, i had no intention of assuming that, all i saw was that person quoting your post and in their quote was a picture. i apologize, and im also sorry that i really cant help you here

Tenfourtennis
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM
haha no worries :) I'm just playing

eliza
08-17-2011, 11:07 AM
If anything I think Nike since Serena became their rep is doing awful dresses and nun tops that look like steel bustier.....I hope they will go back to the style they were promoting in 2003/2004....
BTW, there are many Nike, Adidas, Lotto tops that do not have a shelf bra: that would allow you to choose your own bra, and solve the issue....