PDA

View Full Version : Head PT 280 question

stormholloway
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Picked up one of these on the bay. Sweet stick, like perfect. My question is that I have the non-CAP version. Is there a particular difference between this and the CAP version besides the obvious? Is it convertible to CAP? Are there particular versions I need to look out for/avoid? Do any new CAPs fit these racquets? I wanna pick up some more of these.

Thanks.

stormholloway
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Zzzzz... thought this would be a stinker.

Fed Kennedy
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
The caps will fit, but they will add a lot of weight

dr325i
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Picked up one of these on the bay. Sweet stick, like perfect. My question is that I have the non-CAP version. Is there a particular difference between this and the CAP version besides the obvious? Is it convertible to CAP? Are there particular versions I need to look out for/avoid? Do any new CAPs fit these racquets? I wanna pick up some more of these.

Thanks.

As someone mentioned, yes, the CAPs will fit. It is the same mold as the MG Prestige MP/Pro or YT Prestige MP/Pro (TGK238.x).
The PT630/280 are heavier (from my experiance) than the retail MG/YT, so putting the CAPs on it may make them too heavy.
Great racket!

Thepowerofchoice
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
CAPs will add about 8-10 grams to the hoop.

NLBwell
08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Why would you want to add the cap grommets? Just for the extra weight in the head, or some other reason?

jorel
08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Why would you want to add the cap grommets? Just for the extra weight in the head, or some other reason?
cuz its cool

stormholloway
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM

I don't, actually. I think the racquet is perfect in its weight and balance. My guard isn't in great shape, and, unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to buy any other type of grommets/guard for this frame than CAP.

I guess I could always trim the CAPs down to size.

Fed Kennedy
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Just buy mg or yt radical grommets.

sargeinaz
08-17-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't, actually. I think the racquet is perfect in its weight and balance. My guard isn't in great shape, and, unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to buy any other type of grommets/guard for this frame than CAP.

I think MG, Irad, Ti Rad grommets will all fit

hrstrat57
08-17-2011, 05:31 PM

I love capped frames but I wouldn't cap a PT 280 if you like it the way it is.

Those std caps are out there.....you gotta search the www.

vsbabolat
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM

Buy i.Prestige XL Mid+ grommets that TW sells. They are the same traditional grommets for Pro Tour 280.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-GROMHEAD.html

TheRed
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM

I have a set of the PT 280 grommet. The iprestige xl grommets also fit but they are thinner. The PT 280 just doesn't look the same with them.

stormholloway
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys. I just took it in to get strung so I won't need grommets for a bit. It's good to know I don't *have* to switch to CAP.

TheRed: I'll hit you up in a while and see if you still have them, assuming you're offering them for sale.