PDA

View Full Version : Wilson to Becker?

asifallasleep
08-18-2011, 05:03 AM
PS85 to N90 to K90 to BLX90 to K90 to PS88 to BBLegend? Couldn't pass up the price, get the sticks today. Anyone else make a similar racquet progression? Thoughts?

sphinx780
08-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Hammer 6.2> Htour> N6.1> Volkl DNX 10MP>BB 11MP

That's a 20 year progression.

Bud
08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
PS85 to N90 to K90 to BLX90 to K90 to PS88 to BBLegend? Couldn't pass up the price, get the sticks today. Anyone else make a similar racquet progression? Thoughts?

That's a beast at 12 oz. and 4 pts. HL - SW 335

The only concern I have about BB frames is that they change so often and completely eliminate previous models. Fall in love with a stick then it's unavailable a few months later.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/BDCL-1.JPG

IMO, the DC London frame's specs are more versatile and customizable

Specs:
11.1 oz.
4 pts. HL
311 sw

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/BBDCL-1.jpg

TennisMaverick
08-18-2011, 01:29 PM
The only concern I have about BB frames is that they change so often and completely eliminate previous models. Fall in love with a stick then it's unavailable a few months later.

Seriously???????????????

basil J
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I went from a K6.1 95 18 x 20 and the transition was easy and my shoulder thanks me everytime I go on the court. The legend specs just don't equal what I feel on the court. I added 5gms in the handle and 3 grams on the hoop to bring the strung weight up to 12.3 oz, 7Pts Hl and the frame swings easy and offers plenty of feel, power & plow. Best frame I have used in a while. IMO, it plays better with gut or soft strings. TM gave me some good tips on mods and the frame is rock solid.

TennisMaverick
08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I went from a K6.1 95 18 x 20 and the transition was easy and my shoulder thanks me everytime I go on the court. The legend specs just don't equal what I feel on the court. I added 5gms in the handle and 3 grams on the hoop to bring the strung weight up to 12.3 oz, 7Pts Hl and the frame swings easy and offers plenty of feel, power & plow. Best frame I have used in a while. IMO, it plays better with gut or soft strings. TM gave me some good tips on mods and the frame is rock solid.

Glad the suggestions helped!

Pneumated1
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM

I just switched to a Becker racquet early in the year, but I sense that the Becker line has established a clear identity at this point, which I assume was not always the case. Moving forward, I would assume that Becker will always offer a Pro version, a London version of some sort, a Legend/Melbourne version, and a Mid. At this point, the Becker line strikes an impressive balance between traditional/modern attributes, imo.

This racquet was probably the most solid stick I've ever hit. I demoed it last Christmas and was recovering from back and shoulder issues, so I'm sure those circumstances influenced my decision not to go with it. I remember wishing that I didn't feel that head weight quite so much. I've read Maverick's suggestions on how to deal with this issue, but I continue to conclude that it's just a little too much stick for me. I'll take the Melbourne out for a test drive eventually, but it may be a stretch for me as well. I have no complaints with my Londons with beefed up shoulders, bridge, and throat, plus a leather grip.

Pneumated1
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM

I can't imagine that price was your only and decisive factory in switching to the Legend. I can name at least five very apparent reasons why I needed to switch to the London from my Dunlop 300's, but it was still like pulling teeth for me. It wasn't until I finally hit the London side-by-side with a Bio. 300 that I finally settled the issue in my own mind---and I loved the new Bio. 300 and 300 Tour. The proof was quite simply in the other court and very obvious to me and my opponent.

I hope it works out for you. If I had a little more rear end, I'd have chosen it over my Londons. It's a wall of a frame, just don't drop your gym membership.:)

asifallasleep
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I can't imagine that price was your only and decisive factory in switching to the Legend. I can name at least five very apparent reasons why I needed to switch to the London from my Dunlop 300's, but it was still like pulling teeth for me. It wasn't until I finally hit the London side-by-side with a Bio. 300 that I finally settled the issue in my own mind---and I loved the new Bio. 300 and 300 Tour. The proof was quite simply in the other court and very obvious to me and my opponent.

I hope it works out for you. If I had a little more rear end, I'd have chosen it over my Londons. It's a wall of a frame, just don't drop your gym membership.:)

I should be fine as most recently i'd been using a PS88. The K90 isn't exactly light either. Will be hitting with it for the first time in the am. I'm a diehard Wilson guy so this should be interesting.

Incidentally I figured out why sooooo many people love the BB11. The sweetspot on that thing is freaking MASSIVE. I now realise that the true player's frame typically are not the most popular because people can't hit with them.

asifallasleep
08-18-2011, 10:38 PM

I'll try stock first. typically over the years with any of my racquets the most mods i would do is lead at 12 and sometimes at 12, 9 and 3.

TennisMaverick
08-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Incidentally I figured out why sooooo many people love the BB11. The sweetspot on that thing is freaking MASSIVE. I now realise that the true player's frame typically are not the most popular because people can't hit with them.

True, but its quickness and cushioning cut down the feel and dwell time, which affected spin production as well. Hence, they combined the two BB 11s and used DC instead of DNX in the London upgrade. However, from a true player's perspective, the Melbourne fixes the BB 11.