PDA

View Full Version : I miss my first racquet

Tmano
08-18-2011, 07:11 AM
So last night I was hitting with a friend and he asked me to try my racquet for 10 minutes and sure no problem we switched. I gave him my Pure storm Gt Tour and he passed me his Babolat Aeropro Drive Gt. It was sweet hitting with that raquet, offertless slice, backhands, and forhand comparing to the way more demanding to mine.......then I started thinking about my first raquets the Pure Drive Team and now I'm really thinking to switch back to it.

Isn't crazy???????

Migelowsky
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
noup, I use a Dunlop 4D 200, a heavy 95 sq. in players racket, and
I´m playing also with a Völkl PB 8 315, more powerful, spinny and light.
I like them both even if they are so different, I´m still not sure about wich one will be my main racket.

Tmano
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
noup, I use a Dunlop 4D 200, a heavy 95 sq. in players racket, and
I´m playing also with a Völkl PB 8 315, more powerful, spinny and light.
I like them both even if they are so different, I´m still not sure about wich one will be my main racket.

Hey I guess we are the only two people with racquets dilemmas? Kinda weird don't you think?

Migelowsky
08-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I thought about selling the Dunlops, but I know I'll miss them.
I enjoy playing with both, I'm not really picky , the other day I played for a while with a Donnay Allwood and I did enjoy it also.
Before buying the Dunlops I demoed the Head Speed Pro and
that was one of the few that I really didn't like, it felt noisy, stiff,
kind of cheap.
Why don't you buy one Aero Pro Drive and keep it there just in case, I know
this is dumb, but for example If I watch Nadal playing it makes me
want to hit with the Völkl, if I see Verdasco , Murray or someone with
a player racket then I feel like playing with the Dunlop.
Both are fun to play with.

specialjustin
08-19-2011, 12:00 AM
So, you had a go with the Aeropro Drive Gt and really liked it. This then made you want a Pure Drive Team? Am i correct in my understanding?

Tmano
08-19-2011, 05:53 AM
So, you had a go with the Aeropro Drive Gt and really liked it. This then made you want a Pure Drive Team? Am i correct in my understanding?

Well sort of...... my fisrt racquets were the pure drive team, then switched (I don't know why)to the aeropro drive cortex which they were in my opinion too spinny and soft, changed them for the Pure storm gt.....but yes last night while using the aeropro drive gt kinda remainded my when I was using the Pure drive team....similar stiffness, cryspiness yet the aero gt still a little more spinny

Tmano
08-19-2011, 05:57 AM
I thought about selling the Dunlops, but I know I'll miss them.
I enjoy playing with both, I'm not really picky , the other day I played for a while with a Donnay Allwood and I did enjoy it also.
Before buying the Dunlops I demoed the Head Speed Pro and
that was one of the few that I really didn't like, it felt noisy, stiff,
kind of cheap.
Why don't you buy one Aero Pro Drive and keep it there just in case, I know
this is dumb, but for example If I watch Nadal playing it makes me
want to hit with the Völkl, if I see Verdasco , Murray or someone with
a player racket then I feel like playing with the Dunlop.
Both are fun to play with.

I'm going to buy a pure drive team if I can find it, nowdays are getting hard to find...I should have keept one instead of selling all of them:(

MayDay
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I still use my pure drive team as my main sticks. Good ol'reliable rackets.

Besides the PDTs, PB10mid, POGmid are the other active rackets in my bag right now. (I just can't let go of my 20 year old POG.)

Got my hands on the new release of PS85 (woot!), but haven't strung them up yet. Hack on!

Tmano
08-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Let get this thread going!! or is it too painful thinking about the racquet you sold and really regrets because at that time you did not fully appreciate:?:(

Not only babolat pure drive team....any kind:)