PDA

View Full Version : Help with an arm friendly racket

macginity
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Hello guys!

I'm because I need some help. My father is suffering with arm pain lately. he already changed the tension and the strings, but the pain still there. So we think that the next step is to change the frame.
He's using an old prince O3 Shark hybrid OS.

So, do you have tips about arm friendly frames that he should try? Oh, tips about strings are welcome too.

EKnee08
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Hello guys!

I'm because I need some help. My father is suffering with arm pain lately. he already changed the tension and the strings, but the pain still there. So we think that the next step is to change the frame.
He's using an old prince O3 Shark hybrid OS.

So, do you have tips about arm friendly frames that he should try? Oh, tips about strings are welcome too.

What level and style does he play?

grass_hopper
08-18-2011, 11:34 AM
try wilson 5 or 3 blx racquets, Volkel clasic V1 is also the most arm friendly.

tennis-kid
08-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I had wrist problems so I demoed many arm friendly racquets. The most arm friendly racquets are Volkl organix 10 (295), Prince EXO3 Tour and Pro Kennex 5G or 7G.
You don't need to look around any more. Let your dad demo those racquets and choose one.
String and Tension are just as important as racquet. He must use multifilament string and low low tension. He will lose some control but saving arm is more important.
I tried several strings and found Mantis Comfort syntheic was very comfortable but natural gut will be the best choice of the string if he can spend some $$

mikeler
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I had wrist problems so I demoed many arm friendly racquets. The most arm friendly racquets are Volkl organix 10 (295), Prince EXO3 Tour and Pro Kennex 5G or 7G.
You don't need to look around any more. Let your dad demo those racquets and choose one.
String and Tension are just as important as racquet. He must use multifilament string and low low tension. He will lose some control but saving arm is more important.
I tried several strings and found Mantis Comfort syntheic was very comfortable but natural gut will be the best choice of the string if he can spend some $$

I currently use the 7G. I demoed the Exo3 Tour and while it was comfortable it was more of a dead feeling racket to me. Mantis Comfort is the softest synthetic string out there but durability is poor. Natural gut is the best choice if your Dad can afford it.

ATP100
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Nothing will work until he heals.

jorel
08-18-2011, 01:17 PM
i played thru the pain,.,. took nearly 8 months to totally heal... wouldnt recommend it... it always hurt on the backhand and i couldnt even lift a mop during that time

strength training was key for me and i used a 7g with a poly/multi setup no less

Boricua
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Ive heard the Yonex Ezone is pretty arm friendly. Its a light racket though. Havent used it yet.

Buckethead
08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Ive heard the Yonex Ezone is pretty arm friendly. Its a light racket though. Havent used it yet.

Yes, they are, very arm friendly, but take a look at the VCon X18 as well.

EZONE Team line are all about comfort, only problem is they're light rackets.

Boricua
08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes, they are, very arm friendly, but take a look at the VCon X18 as well.

EZONE Team line are all about comfort, only problem is they're light rackets.

Being a light racket would work well for a person that has a fast swing and cant have that velocity with a heavy racket. I for one, cant use heavy rackets as I need a fast swing for the stroke I use in genarating topspin. a heavy racket does not help me. 11.1- 11.3 weight and 330 swingweight is the ideal for me.

tennis-kid
08-18-2011, 02:44 PM

I totally agree. It is wise choice to rest until it is healed compleletly. Light raquets does not help players with arm problems. It can cause further problems, especially light racquets with head heavy.

macginity
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much for the help!

I already told him to take a break, but he's too stubborn, he'll only stop when his arm fall or something like it. And that will happen pretty soon, I played for 2 hours some weeks ago and after that he couldn't even hold a bottle of water. I think he'll have to stop anytime soon.

But I'll take notes of the tips and show him. I'll try to find this mantis string here in Brazil. I already used it, but as a tester. Gut in here is way too expensive, so it's almost out of question.
And it's good to know that a lighter frame can get things worse, I thought it would be the other way around.

parasailing
08-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I currently use the 7G. I demoed the Exo3 Tour and while it was comfortable it was more of a dead feeling racket to me. Mantis Comfort is the softest synthetic string out there but durability is poor. Natural gut is the best choice if your Dad can afford it.

Exo3 tour definitely is the plushest racquet I have ever hit with even strung up with a poly. I also tried the 7G and it is a nice solid racquet with more feel than the exo3 tour.

I plan on getting one ex03 tour just as a warmup racquet as the PSTGT is a tad bit stiff when my muscles and tendons haven't properly warm up.