PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Wilson Hammer 7.6

jonvdw
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Someone I string for uses a Hammer 7.6, but he's looking to order some new sticks with the same playing characteristics. What would be a good replacement (brand is no issue)?

Rhys Mog
04-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Someone I string for uses a Hammer 7.6, but he's looking to order some new sticks with the same playing characteristics. What would be a good replacement (brand is no issue)?

A 27 inch block of 2x4? Or perhaps a plastic spatula?

But seriously, he should consider a major upgrade. There are some great rackets going cheap at the moment.

I would say one of the slightly older Head models such as the Microgel Radical has a comparable (but not exactly similar) feel to the Hammer but it's a thousand times better.

The Wilson BLX Six.One 95 is also great, but a little pricier. I saw it on sale for $145/90/110 the other day though.

Just a thought, as his stringer you might want to advise something that's a little more fun to string, like a Prince with O3 speed ports. The feel is very different though.

Personally I like the old Liquidmetal Radical, but I may be a little biased ;-)
Hope this helps.

esgee48
04-20-2012, 07:36 AM
I am assuming the OP is using an OS frame. If so, try the Head LM 8, Wilson K Factor KThree.FX, Babolat XS 109 or Babolat Overdrive 110. All are similar in flex, all OS and HH.