PDA

View Full Version : pure drive to a pure drive roddick

CycloneSh0t
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
i was wondering if anyone has tried this..

leading up a pure drive + to make it the same weight as a pure drive roddick + ??

if so how different do they feel with each other and where did you add the lead? 3-9 10-2,etc

i'm wondering because i have a pure drive that i want it to weigh like my roddick in an attempt to make it a close to identical backup.

In any case if it doesn't feel similar i could always take off the lead

Thanks!

Bartelby
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
What about 3 and 9 where Roddick himself adds weight?

phnx90
08-18-2011, 10:28 PM
What about 3 and 9 where Roddick himself adds weight?

I think he means he wants to lead up his Pure Drive+ to be identical to his Pure Drive Roddick+, not that he wants to lead up his Pure Drive+ to be identical to Roddick's Pure Drive+...

Bud
08-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The PDR is an ultra-stiff armbreaker and is even worse in the extended version.

If you're looking for more weight, go with the extended non-Roddick PD and add some weight in the handle area and at 3/9.

CycloneSh0t
08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
I think he means he wants to lead up his Pure Drive+ to be identical to his Pure Drive Roddick+, not that he wants to lead up his Pure Drive+ to be identical to Roddick's Pure Drive+...

exactly thanks for clarifying!

CycloneSh0t
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
The PDR is an ultra-stiff armbreaker and is even worse in the extended version.

If you're looking for more weight, go with the extended non-Roddick PD and add some weight in the handle area and at 3/9.

they differ in i think 1 point stiffness and the beam is 1mm difference too i think. why do you think the roddick is an arm breaker and not the non-roddick??

i just was just thinking of trying this because i want to find a middle weight between the two VERY similar sticks.

i was thinking of add 7 grams on head and not counter balancing it. to see how it would feel.

Bud
08-19-2011, 10:29 PM
they differ in i think 1 point stiffness and the beam is 1mm difference too i think. why do you think the roddick is an arm breaker and not the non-roddick??

i just was just thinking of trying this because i want to find a middle weight between the two VERY similar sticks.

i was thinking of add 7 grams on head and not counter balancing it. to see how it would feel.

I've owned both (still have the PD). Had to sell the Roddick. Much too stiff and painful even with full natural gut.

Fed Kennedy
08-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Go with a heavier grip and small lead at 3 and 9 and you will have a nicer stick than the roddick.

wilfreb
08-20-2011, 07:19 AM
i used the Dunlop 500tour and wanted to try the mega famous babotals, got the PDR+ and it was desastrous, pain all over, it was a really bad experience.

back to my Aerogel 4D 500tour and fully satisfied.

flume
01-08-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking about trying this as I already have 4g of lead tape on my PD at 3 and 9.
Using the customization tool suggests 3g at 3 and 9 and 12g in the handle to match the PDR.
Any suggestions or advice on the best way to do the counter weight that is reversible in case I don't like it?
Leather replacement grip, fishing weights or blu tack seem to be the easiest solutions that people describe in other customization threads; 12g is too much weight for lead tape I think - 48"!?
Actually buying a PDR is another option I am considering but after reading this I'm a bit worried about it being too stiff.

TheBoom
01-08-2012, 07:28 AM
^the pure drive roddick isn't as horribly stiff as some say it is stiff don't get me wrong but it won't kill your and if you don't have previous arm issues/hit the ball cleanly 75/80% of the time

flume
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I tried 12g of blu tack under the butt cap which took the PD to 342g static weight but about 11 points HL so clearly the customization numbers I was using were out a bit.
The calc was out due to overgrip, grip rubber band thing, dampener not considered; weight in butt cap at 0", not at 5".
Played with this setup anyways and it felt pretty good, much more solid than without the counterweight.
The stability and stiffness actually reminded me a bit of a 6.1 classic.
I've since removed some blu tack (took out about 7g) and am going to try 336g static weight, 8 points HL which is closer to the PDR.