PDA

View Full Version : Pacific X Feel Tour 100(295g)

niktub
08-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi tennis gurus,
how does this racquet compare to the previous versions(Black Granite UL and yellow/red No Tolerance UL)?

Ten_nuts
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Niktub, and thanks for inviting me here. I haven't tried the Black Granite 100 UL nor the Yellow/Red 100 UL No Tolerance, so i really have no idea. I used to play with the Fischer Magnetic Tour 100 UL (with mostly yellow paint job), and now the Pacific X Feel Tour, and i think they are pretty much the same: flexible frame, slightly head heavy and these factors make the racquet pretty much solid from the base line, very arm friendly. In my opinion, Pacific racquets (I've tried X Force, X Force Pro, X Feel Tour are the same as the Fischer racquets that i used to played: Magnetic tour 100 UL, Magnetic Pro 1 UL and SL, Magnetic Pro 1 UL and SL No Tolerance, Black Granite Pro 1 UL and SL) are just Fischer racquets. Pacific bought Fischer tennis and painted their name on them and that's it. No change, no modification what so ever. They didn't even change the bumpers/grommets, Fischer's logo at the throat (i mean the little triangles and easily fall off), the handles' shapes, the buttcaps. So if you are currently playing with the Previous Fischer model, specifically the Fischer Magnetic Tour 100 UL (or Fischer Black Granite Tour 100 UL), and you want to get the same racquet with new name, the Pacific X Feel Tour is the one. If you have questions, please feel free to ask. Cheers.

niktub
08-20-2011, 04:00 AM
So they all play roughly the same way on your opinion.

This racquet was in my short list with:
Prince Exo3 Tour 16x18
BB London
I wanted to try some new racquets(from Volkl C9/C10 and Dunlop 300 A300/300G).
I like comfortable light player's racquets.Not too demanding and arm friendly.
Have you tried the Exo3 and the London as well?

I was also ready to try the Organix 8 or IG Instinct...Or even the 03 White...
All more powerfull but still quite comfortable/plush AFAIK

Ten_nuts
08-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Prince EXO3 Tour 16x18: i haven't tried this racquet and never want to try it because: very thin beams, very flexy, head light ---> not a very stable racquet unless adding more lead tape at 12.
Prince O3 White: never tried and don't want to try.
Organix 8: I've tried the Volkl 8 before (mostly red paint) and didn't like it because: no lead tape, this is a stiff racquet but too light --->hurt the elbow. If adding lead tape on top and on handle ---> too powerful that very hard too control.
Utek IG Instinct: i used to play with Utek Instinct with lead tape at 12 and on handle, i didn't like it for the 25mm thick beam that causes hitting frame a lot. Also because i couldn't control my 1 handed backhand with this racquet. That's why i didn't pay attention to this new IG version.
BB London: i used leather grip and some lead tape at 2 & 10, and this racquet became a weapon with great power and control. It also has great feel too.
Dunlop Aerogel 300: used leather grip with some lead tape at 2 & 10 and on handle to make it around 11.8 oz, this racquet became my fav. stick for a long time before i switched to Utek Radical MP.
Have you tried the Utek Radical MP? In my opinion, this is one of the best racquets out there. Just add some lead tape here and there, it will become an awesome racquet. If you've tried the Utek Radical MP and didn't like it, go back to it and try adding lead tape at 2 & 10 and on handle, string with with 17g poly like Solinco Revolution or 17g Tecnifibre Pro Back Code, give it some time and you will see what i mean. Or you can filter your mind again by making a list of terms that you want your racquet to be, like me for example: I want: 27" racquet, Head size 98 or 100, the beam must be not too thick not too thin (21mm to 23mm), strung weight must be around 11 oz to 11.6 oz, must be even balance or slightly head light, stiffness must be between 60 to 63, the racquet's colors could be yellow, red, or blue... and so on. I 've tried many and narrowed down to: Head Utek Radical MP and IG Speed 300, BB London, Wilson BLX Blade, Volkl Organix 10 294g, Pacific X Force and X Feel Tour, Solinco Pro 8, Yonex RDiS 200 Lite and V Core 98, Dunlop A300 and A300 4D, Biomimetic 300 ... and maybe more on the list. I finally picked 3 of them: Head Utek Radical MP, Dunlop A300, and Yonex RDiS 200 Lite. I added a little lead tape at 2&10 and on handle, and my fav must be Dunlop A300 than Yonex. I went back to Head Utek Radical MP because i broke strings on A300 and RDiS 200 Lite so quickly. I even used Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16g (this string lasts a little longer than Pro Hurricane Tour, Luxilon ALU Power), but still breaking string. Now i am not going to switch anymore because i've got used to this stick. I might wait for the newer IG version to get a few though. ANyway, you should use a list of what you want your racquets to be. WIsh you find your weapon.

niktub
08-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks, yes i proceeded that way with a check list.
I have been happy with the Volkl C9 pro and been playing well with the Dunlop A300(+ light lead tape).
27'' /RA max 62 and ideally high 50's/ 630 but could try 645/ Open pattern(just because i have been used to it and feel funny with the 18x20/ SW 315-320 i suppose/ 31,5 or 32cm HL.
Some racquets play softer than the RA indicates...
I will try the London and the Prince Exo3 tour(more HL and forgiving) first and eventually the Fischer Tour 100 and the IG Radical MP(or YT) when released.
The IG Instinct seems also worth a try(plays soft with moderate power).
I might also try to tune the A300 to turn it more HL and more static weight.
I am not sure it is such a great idea for the arm(and the game) to try so many sticks but at least i will know better what i need.
Five racquets to try seems to me like almost too much...
Thanks a lot.;-)

I suppose that the Fischer plays softer than the London(more power and feel)?
Does the London plays closer to the A300?

Stardust
03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi fellows,
I’m using this old thread to ask you something concerning the same stick:

I just ordered Pacific X Feel Tour. I should add some weight under the butt cap and I were wondering is there some quick lid to access the inside like Wilson, Head etc. or I have to remove the grip and whole butt cap via the “hard way”? What I can see at the pictures to the TW shop, I can not be sure, but looks like there isn’t … ?
Thanks!

P.S. btw, are there more opinions yet about this stick after 2 years? :)

McLovin
03-27-2013, 05:46 AM
See this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=458820

But, to answer your question on butt cap: no.

The handle is a two-piece pallete that runs then length of the handle and is connected through the handle w/ two plastic screws (search for 'Fischer Pallete' for pics). no 'trap door'.

For more info on this stick, you can also search for "Fischer Magnetic Tour" as it is essentially the same stick.

Stardust
03-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks for answering, McLovin!
I just published my question and saw the neighbour thread concerning the same stick! Got angry myself! Thanks again! :)