PDA

View Full Version : Effects of changing pallets?

RyKnocks
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Hello all,

I recently got the pallet changed in one of my racquets from a 4 1/2 to 4 3/8. The racquet now feels a bit head heavy when it was originally very head light. Are the pallets supposed to be weighted to keep the same balance or do I need to add weight to the handle to bring the balance back to normal?

HiroProtagonist
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Changing pallets should not noticeably change weight or balance, did you change RG or have an OG on previously that you don't have on now?

JRstriker12
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
When I changed pallets on my MG Prestige Pro, we weighed them before and after and there wasn't much of a difference. At least of the head rackets, the pallet seemed to be made out of pretty light plastic.

Do you have previous weight and balance measures for your sticks / or from a non-modified racket? You could weight them now and check balance, then compare and make changes if needed.

RyKnocks
08-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'm just used to lighter racquets. When reading TW stats on how headlight a frame is, is that with or without strings/grip?

JRstriker12
08-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe I'm just used to lighter racquets. When reading TW stats on how headlight a frame is, is that with or without strings/grip?

I'm sure it's with a stock grip. Not so sure if it's with strings, though I guess it probably is.

HiroProtagonist
08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
TW specs are for strung racquets.