PDA

View Full Version : Tryout Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid ?

joe sch
08-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Dare I Tryout a Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid ?

I currently play the head pc600s and love them.
A friend of mine is a Volkl rep and thought I may love this stick so he gave me a new one to stringup and tryout. Looks great and it has some pretty good reviews. Im afraid I may like it and then need to get some more. Wonder if it could give me an edge over the pc600s ? The specs are really impressive especially the RDC of 59, 19mm cb, and the composition of DNX, Carbon, and Fiberglass. Been awhile since I played a racket with fiberglass, this must be a fun hitter. Should I dare risk a new romance ?

Hominator
08-20-2011, 09:53 AM

A friend of mine is a Volkl rep and thought I may love this stick so he gave me a new one to stringup and tryout. Looks great and it has some pretty good reviews. Im afraid I may like it and then need to get some more. Wonder if it could give me an edge over the pc600s ? The specs are really impressive especially the RDC of 59, 19mm cb, and the composition of DNX, Carbon, and Fiberglass. Been awhile since I played a racket with fiberglass, this must be a fun hitter. Should I dare risk a new romance ?

I'd do it. The PB10mid is a great stick, even though I may unload a couple soon as I have too many sticks these days...

RyKnocks
08-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I just had my first hit with it today and it's everything I wanted it to be. I previously had an MG Radical MP and Pure Storm Tour GT. The MG Rad was super comfy and controllable, but not enough power or plow through. The PSTGT had the plow through and spin that I wanted, but was a bit stiff on my arm after a while and felt hollow.

The PB10 has nearly everything you need in a racquet. It's super comfy, has plenty of feel, has the plow through, and despite the 93in head, it's very solid on off center shots. I have mine strung with Gosen Micro 16g in the crosses and Cyclone 17g in the mains. Such a dream setup.

I suggest you look for TennisMaverick here on the forums. He's very active in the Volkl threads and is very knowledgeable about this racquet.

TennisMaverick
08-20-2011, 02:07 PM

If your friend is a rep, then he knows that as great as the PB 10 Mid is--I've been using it since I received my stealth May 2009--it does not play like the Head, the new London Tour does.

TennisMaverick
08-20-2011, 02:08 PM
There is a whole huge and great thread on this stick:

"PB 10 Mid club****please join"

joe sch
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
There is a whole huge and great thread on this stick:

"PB 10 Mid club****please join"

Good advice, I will repost there looking for others advice. Sounds like maybe I should opt for the London if Im looking to hit a more modern racket than the pc600

Hominator
08-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Good advice, I will repost there looking for others advice. Sounds like maybe I should opt for the London if Im looking to hit a more modern racket than the pc600

Just make sure it's the London Tour, nit the London - they're different racquets.

sargeinaz
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
You should try the pb10 mid anyways cause it's a great stick. You may like it enough to switch.

OldButGame
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I know its a different animal entirely,...but I really like the PB10 MP,... :)

joe sch
08-21-2011, 04:58 AM
I know its a different animal entirely,...but I really like the PB10 MP,... :)

Very true, I do not like to go any larger than a 93si head. For me, the difference really makes it more difficult to get around on big strokes, and the difference in sweet spot does not make up for that handicap. Maybe for dubs, the MP is the way to go.

TennisMaverick
08-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Very true, I do not like to go any larger than a 93si head. For me, the difference really makes it more difficult to get around on big strokes, and the difference in sweet spot does not make up for that handicap. Maybe for dubs, the MP is the way to go.

The PB 10 Mid's sweet spot is definitely more generous than the London Tour's, as well as its dwell time. More traditional and certainly older players over 30 years old will probably need those qualities if they play sets.

joe sch
08-22-2011, 06:27 PM
The PB 10 Mid's sweet spot is definitely more generous than the London Tour's, as well as its dwell time. More traditional and certainly older players over 30 years old will probably need those qualities if they play sets.

TM, Im sure what your stating is the absolute truth and will hold true for me. Now I just need to string her up ... here are my pics:

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/woodtennis/tennis/rackets/Volkl%20Power%20Bridge%2010%20Mid/

TennisMaverick
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
TM, Im sure what your stating is the absolute truth and will hold true for me. Now I just need to string her up ... here are my pics:

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/woodtennis/tennis/rackets/Volkl%20Power%20Bridge%2010%20Mid/

You've got the whole package!

The new hats are sheer and light for summer.