PDA

View Full Version : Dirty T22 Shoe Cleaning?

HeavyDluxe
08-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi all.

So, went and played with my new pair of T22s the other day. As an aside, these shoes rock. Anyway, after the match, we decided to go for a walk around a trail that loops near the courts where we played.

We got past halfway out on the loop and hit a really muddy, mucky patch that we had no idea was there. We navigated through it, but - being the fattest man - my shoes got covered in muck and soaked a bit with marshwater.

I'd like to clean these things, but I'm afraid to do something that's going to hasten their demise. My current theory is to just take them out on a warm, dry day and hose off the remnants of the muck and then just let them air dry.

Anyone have any hints/suggestions? My budget is not the biggest, and so I want to treat these well (misguided hikes aside).

OldButGame
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree that the T22 is a great shoe!!!!

And I think that would probably work fine to hose them down good then air dry,...(I would air dry out of the sun).....and I'd remove the insoles first if they're not dirty,....:neutral:

West Coast Ace
08-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't know what a T22 is, so don't know if this method will work. Works for all my Nikes:

Take an old tooth brush, wet it down and apply anti-bacterial soap. Rub, rub, rub.

Good luck.