PDA

View Full Version : Nike shoe durability question

Slava
04-26-2004, 11:56 PM
How long would a Nike shoe (like the Vapor S2 or Air Court Motion) last before losing it's cushioning ability in your experience?

jings
04-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Slava, thanks for your S2 size post.

As to cushioning I wear the toe or sole out long before any cushioning goes on a shoe - mostly on hard courts or astro-turf. Only wear Nikes.

mgoblue
04-27-2004, 05:21 AM
I often find the cushioning (which is mostly provided by the midsole and whatever technology shoe companies bury in there) outlast the outsole.

I'm wearing the Air Resolves which have outsoles that are more durable than the other NIKE shoes I've worn. However, these shoe are too heavy for my 160lbs frame.

Hawaii 5.0
04-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Nike is notorious for making mostly soft soled shoes(with exception the Resolves).Most nike's cushioning system will far outlast their rubber.I get about 3 weeks out of AMCI's with full use and longer if I alternate or use practice shoes and them only for matches.I can't speculate as to how long the cushioning is supposed to last, but even warrantied shoes shouldn't go past 8 months because although the rubber is warrantied for 6-7 months the cushioning goes either before or soon after.Realistically tennis shoes regardless of warranty or not aren't designed to last for a year or so and you run the risk of problems(maybe not now, but later).Most cushioning is a combination of the EVA(white spongy stuff)and the cushioning system like Zoom or Max Air,SBS Absorb,DST,etc.

Slava
04-28-2004, 12:59 AM
3 weeks !!! I thought I was bad wearing the sole out in 2 months playing about 4 times a week. What happens on yours, the tread just goes flat & you notice your feet slipping on the court?

dollars
04-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Someone said Nike Air Resolve is the most durable tennis shoes. More than 6 months.
Is it true?

failurebydesign
04-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I own the Nike Air Resolve Low's, very durable, but really depends on playing style. I've bought them at the start of my schools tennis season (about 12 weeks ago) and I've worn through the front of the shoe. It really depends though, I practice for 3.5 hours on weekdays, and play on hard courts in hot weather.