PDA

View Full Version : Racquet? What Racquet?

michael_1265
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Paging through Tennis Magazine yesterday, I noticed the ad with Cibulkova, checked it out for a bit, and moved on. Later, I was thinking "Which racquet was she promoting?" That is a bad sign for any marketing guy.

I did notice, though, that Ms. Cibulkova has a little mole on the small of her back.

A lesson in the perceptual capabilities of the average male, that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8af1HjCN7GMU3hkllQIqUs3PywxtCR 4Q7yKVVRoRXUHyXhJdlp3DTk1o

esgee48
08-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I whole heartedly agree with you, M. ;-) The first, second and third object I looked at was Ms. Cibulkova.

addendum: I was looking for a bikini line.

user92626
08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't you wish you were a multibillionair that you could sponsor a tournament where the misses compete in that form?

Probably a tournament of 8 only. Cibulkova, Ivonanic, ..

Larrysümmers
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
that was an ad for the racket? oops...well talk about getting caught with your pants around your ankles

TheBoom
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey it gets attention right? ;)

kcmiser
08-22-2011, 08:10 PM
That ad is absolutely shameless.

For those who don't know how these things work, they are trying for what's called "association" or "transference". That is, if your brain sees their product alongside the image of something else, it will connect the two. Whatever you think about this other thing, you will associate with their product.

They are hoping you like what you see on the right, and you'll project those positive feelings on what's on the left, without realizing that's where those feelings came from.

Anyway, it's shameless, and it didn't work on me. I have no desire to play their new frame.

...but somehow I do now want to hump it.

OTMPut
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
sex sells. period.

people have been selling pretty much everything showing good looking female bodies.