PDA

View Full Version : Prince Exo3 Tour 100 Hole Grommet Insert

Dino Lagaffe
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
The Prince Exo3 Tour 100 comes with the PORT system installed. How much does installing the Grommet Insert alter the specs? I guess the change in specs hardly will be noticeable in actual play, but anyway, I'm curious about it.

aggietex08
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
In another form a TW staff member posted the weight, it was something like .7 grams difference. You would not be able to notice the weight difference at all. I have played about 4 hours now on my one Tour with the string inserts and have come to the conclusion that they are not even worth the extra seven dollars. It isn't that they are bad by any means, it is that the differences between the ports and the holes, to me, are just so minuscule.

PBODY99
08-22-2011, 05:31 PM
The inserts in the Prince rackets are highly personal. Some players feel that they get more feedback from the strings, others don't like the feel.

Dino Lagaffe
08-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks aggietex08 and PBODY99. Yeah, I thought if one would get the inserts, it would be for the feel and not for the change in specs. I checked out the post where the TW playtester stated the extremely small weight difference. Thought it would be a little more than not even a gram...

I'm not sure if I'll get the inserts or not, I'll probably focus on getting the right tension down first.

un6a
08-23-2011, 04:23 AM
String hole inserts weights more than port inserts. On my SB black difference is about 4g. It's like you lead up frame a bit. When i changed from ports to holes i clearly noticed added plow and higher swingweight. Although I'm very sensible to any additional weight particulary at the top of the racquet.