PDA

View Full Version : Old Barely Used Tennis Clothes & Apparel?

The Big Kahuna
08-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone have any good suggestions with what to do with old barely used tennis clothes and apparel by Fila, Nike, and Adidas? I get a lot of clothes as gifts - not all of them work out for me due to color or fit.

I have a lot of shirts, shorts, hats, and wristbands that I now longer wear in size XXL. I was considering donating them to charity.

Do you have any other good ideas about what to do with these garments?

I hate to waste them. Some have never been worn.

Suggestions here?

bigmalik76
08-23-2011, 12:48 PM
you can donate them to me :)

jokinla
08-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Anyone have any good suggestions with what to do with old barely used tennis clothes and apparel by Fila, Nike, and Adidas? I get a lot of clothes as gifts - not all of them work out for me due to color or fit.

I have a lot of shirts, shorts, hats, and wristbands that I now longer wear in size XXL. I was considering donating them to charity.

Do you have any other good ideas about what to do with these garments?

I hate to waste them. Some have never been worn.

Suggestions here?

Forgive me, but are you now the Little Kahuna?

serve stopper
08-23-2011, 04:35 PM
charity is a great idea
there is also the for sale section you can use here
or us them for sleeping if they are big on you

tennisoh
08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I could find someone in my family that would wear them for sure. I'm sure that's the same for you. There has to be one of your friends left who hasn't dedicated himself to fitness yet.

The Big Kahuna
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
you can donate them to me :)

Do you give a nice tax deduction in the process?

The Big Kahuna
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
charity is a great idea
there is also the for sale section you can use here
or us them for sleeping if they are big on you

Where is the For Sale section?

I thought selling items here was prohibited.

The Big Kahuna
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I could find someone in my family that would wear them for sure. I'm sure that's the same for you. There has to be one of your friends left who hasn't dedicated himself to fitness yet.

I have given lots of stuff to friends my size. That does become a bit awkward though - like you are giving them hand-me-downs. You know what I mean?

I would rather not.

bigmalik76
08-25-2011, 08:21 AM
If you are looking for tax deductions then bring them to Goodwill or Salvation Army they will give you a receipt for those purposes.

chinobambino
08-25-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/National-Junior-Tennis-Learning/learn_about_njtl/

There's always local junior tennis clubs which reach out to kids. Here's a link to USTA's effort to reach underserved kids.

The Big Kahuna
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/National-Junior-Tennis-Learning/learn_about_njtl/

There's always local junior tennis clubs which reach out to kids. Here's a link to USTA's effort to reach underserved kids.

Good idea!

Thank you.

zapvor
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
yea either put it up on the bay or donate them.

serve stopper
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Where is the For Sale section?

I thought selling items here was prohibited.

if you go to the TW front page look to the up right and find the message board. Then scroll down until you see the section for sale or trade. hope this helps and be careful to look in the reference section about anyone interested in your stuff. you never know