PDA

View Full Version : Fed to win the USO

JustBob
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Djoker looks tired and possibly hurt (hahaha). Ok but still fatigued and a little zombie looking (don't sit in the 1st row, he might actually bite someone).
Nadal is a wreck and might even forget to line up his secret potion bottles.
Del Po is still struggling. I've seen better movement from a sumo wrestler.
Tsonga not consistent enough in best of 5. Retires from injury in the round of 16.
Fish will make the quarters but will be turned into sushi.
Murray looking good from the neck down, which should be enough to make the final.
Fed only cares about slams and will pick up his game (instead of picking up his twins, enough with the distractions... P.S. Send Mirka shopping or something).

Murray vs Fed final.

Murray will choke as usual when it dawns on him that he actually does have a head.

Fed for #17

Call your bookie. You can thank me later.

FEDERERNADAL13
08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Djoker looks tired and possibly hurt (hahaha). Ok but still fatigued and a little zombie looking (don't sit in the 1st row, he might actually bite someone).
Tsonga not consistent enough in best of 5. Retires from injury in the round of 16.
Murray looking good from the neck down, which should be enough to make the final.
Fed only cares about slams and will pick up his game (instead of picking up his twins, enough with the distractions).

Murray vs Fed final.

Murray will choke as usual when it dawns on him that he actually does have a head.

Fed for #17

That was actually my pick for the final int he racket bracket! i think it's a little wishful thinking, but if Fed shows up, he could do it :)

Tammo
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Lol, Federer loses to fish in the quarters

Hood_Man
08-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I think Fed had a great chance at winning the French this year, until he remembered he was playing Nadal and promptly lost his serve and the next 7 games.

I doubt that will happen against Murray. If those two make the final I agree, #17 here we come. More importantly, Mr Grand Slam makes it a record 9 consecutive years winning at least one major.

Which would really suck actually since I really want Murray to win a major, so I'd be torn between who I'm supposed to be rooting for, and disappointed no matter who wins.

Homeboy Hotel
08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
We're in the same position as Wimbledon 2011, he was going strong to win the whole thing (or get to the final considering how poor Joker was playing) but then we're hit with a shock exit when he's 2 sets up against Tsonga.

It's either he goes onto win or looses to Fish with some horrid scoreline in the QF.

I'm expecting the latter.

JustBob
08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Lol, Federer loses to fish in the quarters

Please... this is a serious thread... Even you subconsciously do not believe this.
Just look at how you spelled their names.

F > f

... ;) ...

FEDERERNADAL13
08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Please... this is a serious thread... Even you subconsciously do not believe this.
Just look at how you spelled their names.

F > f

... ;) ...

Win! haha :)

jackson vile
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I have bet on him all year, no thanks! At best I am hoping a repeat at WTF. There are just too many players that can beat Roger now, period.

tennisenthusiast
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Federer who? Federer what? Federer how?

8PAQ
08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
I have bet on him all year, no thanks! At best I am hoping a repeat at WTF. There are just too many players that can beat Roger now, period.

Please stop lying. There is no way you ever wanted Fed to win anything you Fed hating troll.

Clarky21
08-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Djoker looks tired and possibly hurt (hahaha). Ok but still fatigued and a little zombie looking (don't sit in the 1st row, he might actually bite someone).Nadal is a wreck and might even forget to line up his secret potion bottles.
Fed only cares about slams and will pick up his game (instead of picking up his twins, enough with the distractions... P.S. Send Mirka shopping or something).

Murray vs Fed final.

Fed for #17

Nah,Djokovic is playing possum like he always does. He is not tired,or injured. He is fine,and I really don't see anyone beating him. I do hope Federer gets to him in the semi and gives him a tough match,though.

tennis_fan_182
08-25-2011, 03:06 PM
lol @ speculation of a Federer/Murray final - I really can't see anyway that Murray could get past the FIRST Swiss he's drawn to meet ie. WAWRINKA.

tennisenthusiast
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
lol @ speculation of a Federer/Murray final - I really can't see anyway that Murray could get past the FIRST Swiss he's drawn to meet ie. WAWRINKA.

Wawrinka is no longer a strong contender.

tennis_fan_182
08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Wawrinka is no longer a strong contender.

Doesn't mean he can't beat Murray, though.

He smashed him last year, logically he will do it again.

No way past the 4th round for Murray, I'm afraid.

JustBob
08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
I understand that these are dark times and that your faith is being tested, but God came to me in a vision and said:

"17"
"17 what Oh Lord? (thinking... your dudeness, that's underaged...)
"I shall grant his GOATness God mode for one more slam"
"Can you be a tad more specific Oh Lord? I'm pretty sure Laver will not win another slam at his age..."
"I speak of the Swiss Magician, the Maestro, sexi classi Rogi, he of the twins and the overbearing wife".
"Ah ok. I can call my bookie then? It's in the bag?"
"Sure, but my cut is 20%"
"Greedy ba....."

JustBob
08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
I really can't see

That's rather obvious to everyone here. :)

sadowsk2
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
That old piece of trash has absolutely NO chance to win the USO this year... Look what happened to that has-been in Montreal and Cincy *sigh* just another "Ra Ra Go ******" thread.... *rolls eyes*

JustBob
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
That old piece of trash has absolutely NO chance to win the USO this year... Look what happened to that has-been in Montreal and Cincy *sigh* just another "Ra Ra Go ******" thread.... *rolls eyes*

"Old piece of trash"? Calm down and take a deep breath.

(But you're still going to hell) :)

BaboFan
08-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Federer will only win if he gets to the finals. Murray may have problems with Wawrinka. Can see Djokovic going to at least semis. Nadal will be the first to drop out with his current form.

Berdych, Monfils, Tsonga, Fish, Soderling, and DelPo will go far.

syc23
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM

Murray was injured, that why he lost to Wawrinka. The same won't be happening this time. Stan playing the way he is, he won't get far enough to square up against Murray.

Tough Gut
08-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Your not afraid. You hate murray

cknobman
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Fed has screwed me in every single bracket this year.

I love the guy and always will but I just dont see him winning the USO.

It has nothing to do with ability or that I think there are a bunch of players that can beat him, I just dont see the drive in him anymore. The fire someone has like Djoker or Rafa to beat anyone to get to the top does not appear in Fed's face or on court actions anymore.

FearOfTheDark
08-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Fed will lose to Tsonga in the quarters :P

celoft
08-25-2011, 06:20 PM

Murray vs Fed final.

Fed for #17

Djoko-Murray final.

Sentinel
08-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Please stop lying. There is no way you ever wanted Fed to win anything you Fed hating troll.
LOL, whackson vile has been trying to jinx Federer all year. Funnily, it worked at WO and Fred lost early, so Nole was able to whack Rafa out.

Fed haters should realize that the only way their man can/might win the final is if Fred is there.

tusharlovesrafa
08-25-2011, 09:05 PM
LOL, whackson vile has been trying to jinx Federer all year. Funnily, it worked at WO and Fred lost early, so Nole was able to whack Rafa out.

Fed haters should realize that the only way their man can/might win the final is if Fred is there.

It's whakson piles..:)

OddJack
08-25-2011, 09:11 PM
JustBob,

Justcool

May tho be proven Right in a fortnight

zagor
08-25-2011, 10:52 PM

LOL, yeah it's hilarious that he thinks anyone buys his BS, if Fed won another slam he would probably need some profesional help to cope with it. Notice how he again makes it like it's all about the field and that Fed hasn't declined at all at the age of 30 but then he goes around and makes excuses for a 24 year old Nadal, the guy's a riot.

Cup8489
08-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I'll bite. Fed wins the USO, dropping 5 sets throughout the event, including one to the finalist... but not sure who I am calling to come through the draw.

jokinla
08-26-2011, 02:08 AM
I could see him winning and losing, that's why this US Open is so great.

AhmedD
08-26-2011, 04:10 AM
First this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/16/article-0-027E1328000005DC-474_468x573.jpg
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/06/04/1226069/077494-roger-federer.jpg
http://sportskraze.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/novak-djokovic-sad.jpg

AhmedD
08-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Then this:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-KIrkQPz-pso/TIFknfoKZUI/AAAAAAAACk4/Q1nu1ywacVE/SM-2010-wimbledon-rafael-NADAL-scream.jpg
http://tennis.topbuzz.com/tennis-pics/d/31111-1/Roger+Federer+screaming+fist+pump+celebration+at+t he+Australian+Open+2011.JPG

Final Outcome:

http://tennis-pronostics.com/sites/default/files/winnercup/federer_usopen_2006.jpg

Together At last.......

P.S. I kid people, I kid.

Laver777
08-26-2011, 04:44 AM
I think Fed had a great chance at winning the French this year, until he remembered he was playing Nadal and promptly lost his serve and the next 7 games.

I doubt that will happen against Murray. If those two make the final I agree, #17 here we come. More importantly, Mr Grand Slam makes it a record 9 consecutive years winning at least one major.

Which would really suck actually since I really want Murray to win a major, so I'd be torn between who I'm supposed to be rooting for, and disappointed no matter who wins.

yeh but come on... the match of this years french open was federer vs djokovic. that should have been the final. i think it was just too tough mentally to back it up after playing so well. i also think fed has his best chance here at this years us open. it depends how much djokovic is injured because i think he can beat murray and nadal at flushing medows

tennis_pro
08-26-2011, 05:21 AM
(Nadal served far better at Cincy this year than last year, so he has a head start form-wise. Opponents will struggle to take a set from Nadal at the US Open)

thats just so cool

roysid
08-26-2011, 05:48 AM
If fed plays like RG then he has a good chance. Provided someone takes out nadal.

AhmedD
08-26-2011, 06:27 AM
(Nadal served far better at Cincy this year than last year, so he has a head start form-wise. Opponents will struggle to take a set from Nadal at the US Open)

Serve is not the only aspect of the game that gave him the edge last year. His game of the ground is nowhere near where it was last year, he barely gets penetration of the court off either wings. Unless his serve suddenly gets a huge boost and becomes like Karlovic's then he'll still be threatened. I'm not significantly worried about the serve, it's his ground game that matter right now. Even if he doesn't serve well in the early rounds, as long as he's good off the ground he'll be fine. The serve comes in when he plays the big guys, that's when he needs to worry.

Cup8489
08-26-2011, 07:31 AM

Well, hopefully he won't have to play someone who can actually return.. Lol.

What is this alternate reality you're living in like? Seems pretty crazy over there... what with people thinkin Rafa is in good form and whatnot...

veroniquem
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
If fed plays like RG then he has a good chance. Provided someone takes out nadal.

Too bad the USO is not clay... (actually it may become clayish after the hurricane wreaks havoc with it, you can always hope...)

DjokovicForTheWin
08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
True Fed probably doesn't stand a chance against Djoker on HC despite the FO performance. But what's even more sure is that Nadal has an ever lower chance. Djoker is just to good for Nadal no matter what Nadal brings. Fed on the other could be dangerous for Novak if he's not at his best.

Marius_Hancu
08-26-2011, 09:37 AM
bad draw, good conditions
we'll see what Fed shows up
that's the ONLY thing counting

if he doesn't apply what Annacone is supposed to make him do (hard returns, more S-V, stepping into the court), poor chance

AhmedD
08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
True Fed probably doesn't stand a chance against Djoker on HC despite the FO performance. But what's even more sure is that Nadal has an ever lower chance. Djoker is just to good for Nadal no matter what Nadal brings. Fed on the other could be dangerous for Novak if he's not at his best.

What if both were hypothetically at their best ? Then who get's the edge ?

DjokovicForTheWin
08-26-2011, 11:55 AM
What if both were hypothetically at their best ? Then who get's the edge ?

Wasn't that answered at the FO? I'm not one of these idiot *********s that would claim their player all of a sudden lost form in the one match he lost. Djoker played his best and was beaten. Even the best can't win every match. Was it the surface? Who knows. However, just because Nadal hasn't won as many titles as last year is no indication whatsoever that he is in decline. He is still at this peak as his age indicates.

FedExpress 333
08-26-2011, 12:04 PM
I think that he was not declining in the first half of the year, but all those beatdowns from Djokovic hurt him a bit.

CDestroyer
08-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Fed has screwed me in every single bracket this year.

I love the guy and always will but I just dont see him winning the USO.

It has nothing to do with ability or that I think there are a bunch of players that can beat him, I just dont see the drive in him anymore. The fire someone has like Djoker or Rafa to beat anyone to get to the top does not appear in Fed's face or on court actions anymore.

Never ever bet with your heart.

Hood_Man
08-26-2011, 12:10 PM
yeh but come on... the match of this years french open was federer vs djokovic. that should have been the final. i think it was just too tough mentally to back it up after playing so well.

I completely agree. It even had the late finish in near darkness, with camera flashes going off all around him, and an entire stadium chanting his name :)

A magical moment, a shame he couldn't repeat it :(

If he can just keep his head in those big moments I can see him winning this year. Just as long as he's willing to fight for it.