PDA

View Full Version : same color, same results

rdis10093
08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Fed's outfit for this year's open is the same as the 2008 almost. So perhaps he shall win again. He has a tuff draw, but his hc results this year have not been so bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acr01iwvtpY
If fed can play like he did in 2008, he will have a good chance to win the title.

Thoughts?

rdis10093
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Pros pick colors that they have had good results in. Since when has rafa chosen pink after the time he lost at French Open? Never again, this was a very bad loss for him. So he never picks pink again.

FedExpress 333
08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Hopefully!

heftylefty
08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Fed's outfit for this year's open is the same as the 2008 almost. So perhaps he shall win again. He has a tuff draw, but his hc results this year have not been so bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acr01iwvtpY
If fed can play like he did in 2008, he will have a good chance to win the title.

Thoughts?

If God played tennis, he play like that.

TheOneHander
08-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Pros pick colors that they have had good results in. Since when has rafa chosen pink after the time he lost at French Open? Never again, this was a very bad loss for him. So he never picks pink again.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SNzNdyLkAiU/TGXfPttUYoI/AAAAAAAAKPA/pbWdxBwmw6o/s1600/Rafael%2BNadal%2BRogers%2BCup%2Bbhs75L0BRD-l.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01670/nadal_1670098c.jpg

Cormorant
08-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Almost as crucially, Andreev's not in his half this time, so yes the omens are good for a 2008 reprise.

rdis10093
08-25-2011, 06:29 PM

yeah, that was good stuff, his forehand was awesome that year, and Murray was not playing so bad himself.

rdis10093
08-25-2011, 06:37 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SNzNdyLkAiU/TGXfPttUYoI/AAAAAAAAKPA/pbWdxBwmw6o/s1600/Rafael%2BNadal%2BRogers%2BCup%2Bbhs75L0BRD-l.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01670/nadal_1670098c.jpg

guess I was talking more about the French, but valid pic none the less. I have not seen nadal were a pocket polo in a long time though.

Pwned
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Fed looked dang good in that highlight reel. Similar situation as 08 not having won a major this year and looking a bit out of form of late. It'd be nice if he played like the FO semi for every match.

winstonplum
08-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Damn, who is that guy in red? I didn't start watching a lot of tennis until Wimbey '08; I didn't get into tennis really at all until the "rivalry" started to heat up. Once Murray knocked Nadal out in the semis of USO '08, I was so ****ed I don't even know if I watched that final. That's some good stuff. I guess I should have tuned into more prime Fed matches, and not have let my love of Nadal blind me to Fed's insane talent. Pretty sick stuff.

mandy01
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM
LOL, how I wish.. :)
But it'll take so much more than that for Roger to win this year. :sad:

mandy01
08-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Fed looked dang good in that highlight reel. Similar situation as 08 not having won a major this year and looking a bit out of form of late. It'd be nice if he played like the FO semi for every match.No, not really. In 2008 he lost the finals at Wimbledon and while that and the Olympic singles was disappointing, he atleast won the gold in doubles and it was important for him to have that 'winning feeling' as he calls it again. This time he got knocked out in Quarters after being up by 2 sets and by a guy he would normally beat. He hasn't won anything since Qatar. So he needs an exceptional level to be able to repeat a 2008 this time. I think he was a lot more confident in 2008 than he is now and that shows even in his interviews.

Cup8489
08-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Damn, who is that guy in red? I didn't start watching a lot of tennis until Wimbey '08; I didn't get into tennis really at all until the "rivalry" started to heat up. Once Murray knocked Nadal out in the semis of USO '08, I was so ****ed I don't even know if I watched that final. That's some good stuff. I guess I should have tuned into more prime Fed matches, and not have let my love of Nadal blind me to Fed's insane talent. Pretty sick stuff.

haha. Federer can do that sometimes XD

I always thought he looked very aggressive in that tournament.. in some ways 2008 USO was for Fed what Sampras' USO 1996 title was. Vindication, justified to be called great. They both even had super tough early matches.. Corretja for Sampras and Andreev for Fed.

Federer was in full flight in the semis and finals of that event.. and he's done it on such a level for a tournament win just once since, IMHO. AO 2010.. He clobbered EVERYONE. and I do mean Clobbered.

Ahh.. Good ol' Roger. Gonna miss this guy.. guess I should try and get as many of his old matches saved as I can.

Colin
08-26-2011, 02:17 AM

Hear, hear! I love watching the Fed YouTube highlights. Even when he loses, it's like 90 percent footage of him making incredible shots and amazing winners. Of course, if they made lowlights of his matches, they clips would probably be filled with Fed making lame errors.

At least he chooses to control his destiny, for better or worse. It's not just a tennis tactic; it's a philosophy of life.

rdis10093
08-26-2011, 06:58 AM
haha. Federer can do that sometimes XD

I always thought he looked very aggressive in that tournament.. in some ways 2008 USO was for Fed what Sampras' USO 1996 title was. Vindication, justified to be called great. They both even had super tough early matches.. Corretja for Sampras and Andreev for Fed.

Federer was in full flight in the semis and finals of that event.. and he's done it on such a level for a tournament win just once since, IMHO. AO 2010.. He clobbered EVERYONE. and I do mean Clobbered.

Ahh.. Good ol' Roger. Gonna miss this guy.. guess I should try and get as many of his old matches saved as I can.

Fed could clobbere everyone again. He is in the same ship as he was in 2008 NO Grandslam. WHen was the last time that federer did not win one in a year at all? Like I said though, his forehand is not looking so bad this year, and he could be a force at the open.