PDA

View Full Version : 300G vs. Pure Control Std. vs. Yonex MP 98

jdoubleu75
04-27-2004, 04:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone has played theese 3 racquets and could compare them?

YEMntFtb
04-27-2004, 06:01 AM
i actually demoed all three of these together from TW few weeks ago, the 300G was probably the best overall out of the three

300G: Pretty stiff racquet, more power than I like and a bigger head then I like but it had pretty good control, but i've played with racquets with better feels.

pure control: This racquet is really stiff in my opinion, its like playing with a cement block in your hand, cause its so short the weight isnt destributed evenly. However the control is great, head size is too big, another fault. I wouldnt buy it causes of its length anad feel.

MP: This one is pretty long, and a lot heavier than the others, but it plays pretty well, I didnt use it as much because of the weight, and i thought It would irritate my arm

rooski
04-27-2004, 06:26 AM
I haven't hit with the Yonex but I have with the Bab and Dun. I personally hated the 300g. It was too light and unstable for my tastes. If you like a lightweight players type racket then you might like it. The Bab PC Std. is in a different league. It IS a players racket. Better feel and control...much more stable on mis hits. My playing partner commented on how much heavier a ball I hit with the PC vs the 300g.

Obviously its all about how YOU play with each of these sticks. The Yonex MP198 on paper looks worthy of comparison to the PC but not the 300g. The 200g on the other hand would be on the same page.

I'm not sure what YEMntFtb is talking about, all of the rackets you mention are STANDARD length. Also, the PC is nicely balanced and is very close in weight to the MP1