PDA

View Full Version : USO 2011 : Predict Semi Finalists and Finalists ((Prize))

OddJack
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
The prize is the Book RAFA, Rafael Nadal's autobiography.

The book will be shipped to any address world wide.

Here is the contest:

Predict the 4 semi finalists, and finalist and the score of the final match. The closest to the actual results will win.

Contests closes Tuesday Morning Aug 30th, at 8 am, PST.

Here is an example:

SF: Nadal-Murray Federer-Djoker

F: Federer-Murray

Federer wins 2-6 7-6 6-4 6-3

(No Edits, if you need to change prediction just post a new one)

Good luck.

Tammo
08-26-2011, 05:50 PM
4 Semis, Djokovic-Fish-Murray-Nadal
Finals, Fish-Nadal
Fish wins 6-3, 5-7, 7-6(4) , 6-2

Clay lover
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll go with a hopeful but not very possible one:

Federer Djokovic Murray Nadal

Federer Nadal, Nadal wins 7-5 3-6 7-5 7-6

kishnabe
08-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Federer Djokovic Murray Nadal

Federer vs Nadal final

Federer wins: 6-4,3-6,7-5,6-2

flyinghippos101
08-26-2011, 06:05 PM
LOL Fish ftw?

Alright, I'll bite (no pun intended)

Federer-Djokovic Murray-Nadal

Djokovic D. Nadal

6-4, 7-6 (5), 6-3

Chace
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Fed/Djokovic and Nadal/Murray for the semis

Federer vs Murray for the final

Murray defeats Federer 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 7-6

TERRASTAR18
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
tsonga monfils murray nadal

nadal tsonga
tsonga wins- 7-6(8-6), 3-6,6-4, 6-2

TennisFan3
08-26-2011, 06:39 PM
SF1: Djokovic def Federer in 3

SF2: Murray def Nadal in 4

Final: Djokovic def Murray : 6-3, 6-4, 7-6...

bezs
08-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Semis: Federer, Djoko, Ralph. Murray

Final: Federer beats Murray 6-4, 7-5, 6-3

1970CRBase
08-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Tsonga vs Djokovic / Nadal vs Murray

Tsonga vs Nadal

Tsona 6-2 6-4 7-5

NadalAgassi
08-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Semifinalists: Federer vs Djokovic, Nadal vs Murray
Finalists: Djokovic vs Murray
Final score: Djokovic defeats Murray 6-4, 7-5, 6-1

Big_Dangerous
08-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Semi-Finalists: R Nadal, R Federer, N Djokovic and A Murray

Finalists: R Federer and A Murray

Final Score: R Federer def. A Murray 6-3, 5-7, 7-6, 6-2

dr325i
08-26-2011, 11:49 PM
WOW, one tournament propelled Murray to the GS Champ...
Some guys are just funny

Big_Dangerous
08-27-2011, 01:43 AM
WOW, one tournament propelled Murray to the GS Champ...
Some guys are just funny

No, two tournaments made every doubt Rafael Nadal. And in that half, there's no one else to pick for the final except Murray. I'm not convinced he can do it, but right now I don't trust Rafa. He's looked very shaky lately, and it's not even a physical problem with him either. For the first time I've ever seen, Rafa is totally not confident and doubting himself. Terrible way to enter a grand slam.

Dude lost to Ivan Dodig in a match he was ahead virtually the entire time and then he gets dusted off in straights against Mardy Fish... Anyone who's high on Rafa to defend his US Open is either a delusional *******, or completely oblivious to what's been going on the past 2 months.

Feņa14
08-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Semi finalists: Federer vs Djokovic, Nadal vs Murray
Finalists: Djokovic vs Murray
Final score: Murray defeats Djokovic 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, 7-5

15_ounce
08-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Can you increase the prize? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Big_Dangerous
08-27-2011, 02:00 AM

To what? lolz

A Fed autobiography? That's next year. :)

CMM
08-27-2011, 02:01 AM
No, two tournaments made every doubt Rafael Nadal. And in that half, there's no one else to pick for the final except Murray. I'm not convinced he can do it, but right now I don't trust Rafa. He's looked very shaky lately, and it's not even a physical problem with him either. For the first time I've ever seen, Rafa is totally not confident and doubting himself. Terrible way to enter a grand slam.

Dude lost to Ivan Dodig in a match he was ahead virtually the entire time and then he gets dusted off in straights against Mardy Fish... Anyone who's high on Rafa to defend his US Open is either a delusional *******, or completely oblivious to what's been going on the past 2 months.

How can you write this but choose Federer as the winner?
Sure, Rafa didn't play great in the last 2 tournaments but neither did Federer.
In fact Cincinnati was a mess and I can't say anyone looked good. Not even Murray who won the title, but in the previous week lost 6-3 6-1 to Anderson.
Not sure what you mean by the past 2 months when half of that time was vacation. The guy won a Grand Slam and made the final of Wimbledon.
That's not bad, especially for a guy who is doubting himself. What if he gets the confidence back? :)

15_ounce
08-27-2011, 02:06 AM
To what? lolz?

A Fed autobiography? That's next year. :)

no idea, i've got Fed and Agassi book and many other books for free from the net.. So I reckon I'll be able to get Rafa book from the net too (highly unlikely though... I don't like the excerpts already)

Big_Dangerous
08-27-2011, 02:10 AM
How can you write this but choose Federer as the winner?
Sure, Rafa didn't play great in the last 2 tournaments but neither did Federer.
In fact Cincinnati was a mess and I can't say anyone looked good. Not even Murray who won the title, but in the previous week lost 6-3 6-1 to Anderson.
Not sure what you mean by the past 2 months when half of that time was vacation. The guy won a Grand Slam and made the final of Wimbledon.
That's not bad, especially for a guy who is doubting himself. What if he gets the confidence back? :)

Because Fed has won the US Open 5 times... Nadal, Del Potro only once...

Djokovic/Murray - Never!

Also, Federer is the only person to beat Djokovic at a Grand Slam this year, and if not for that retirement fiasco, he'd be the only person to have beaten Djokovic this year, period.

And for the record, Nadal has lost to Djokovic 5 times this year already, all in finals...

CMM
08-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Because Fed has won the US Open 5 times... Nadal, Del Potro only once...

Djokovic/Murray - Never!

Also, Federer is the only person to beat Djokovic at a Grand Slam this year, and if not for that retirement fiasco, he'd be the only person to have beaten Djokovic this year, period.

And for the record, Nadal has lost to Djokovic 5 times this year already, all in finals...

Yes, Federer has won the US Open 5 times but this year his level of play wasn't better than Rafa's so what you said doesn't make any sense. If Rafa looked shaky how should we describe Federer's performance? :?
And I thought we're talking about the US Open, not about who beat Novak.

Big_Dangerous
08-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Yes, Federer has won the US Open 5 times but this year his level of play wasn't better than Rafa's so what you said doesn't make any sense. If Rafa looked shaky how should we describe Federer's performance? :?
And I thought we're talking about the US Open, not about who beat Novak.

That's your opinion and how you see it, not how I see it.

I just voiced my opinion on what I thought of Rafa's chances, and sort of defended Murray's chances at reaching another GS Final. Someone seemed to think it was a joke that Murray is now being considered by a number of people to reach the final of this year's US Open. And I said well considering Rafa appears to be lacking a bit of confidence and out of form, the door is wide open for Murray right now.

You're the one who brought up Fed and you seem to think it's ridiculous that I would pick him... Clearly Djokovic is the betting line favorite right now to win the US Open, so talking about who has beaten Djokovic seems very relevant to me, especially considering he's in Fed's half of the draw.... I'm not entirely sure why you don't seem to understand what I'm saying or where I'm coming from...

glazkovss
08-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Djokovic-Federer, Murray-Nadal
Murray-Djokovic 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-4 (Murray wins)

CMM
08-27-2011, 02:38 AM
That's your opinion and how you see it, not how I see it.

I just voiced my opinion on what I thought of Rafa's chances, and sort of defended Murray's chances at reaching another GS Final. Someone seemed to think it was a joke that Murray is now being considered by a number of people to reach the final of this year's US Open. And I said well considering Rafa appears to be lacking a bit of confidence and out of form, the door is wide open for Murray right now.

You're the one who brought up Fed and you seem to think it's ridiculous that I would pick him... Clearly Djokovic is the betting line favorite right now to win the US Open, so talking about who has beaten Djokovic seems very relevant to me, especially considering he's in Fed's half of the draw.... I'm not entirely sure why you don't seem to understand what I'm saying or where I'm coming from...

You are basing your opinion on a single tournament, which is Cincinnati but I'm not sure if Murray played that well considering that many of the top players pulled out injured or didn't want to push hard before a Slam.
Just a week before, Murray was "finished". (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=392109)
It's really funny how he goes from being done to being one of the favourites in one week.
Rafa beat Murray at Wimbledon and also at RG.
I don't think about Djokovic now because he can only play against him in the final and if Rafa reaches the final then I assume he must be in decent form.

OddJack
08-27-2011, 03:16 AM

Sure, if you win I will increase it by 15 ounces :twisted:

Parabolica
08-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Berdych-Federer
Del Potro-Nadal

Federer beats Del Potro. 6-3, 6-4, 6-7, 7-5.

mcr619619
08-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Djoker-fed murray-nadal

Fed-murray

Fed beat Murray 6-2,6-4, 3-6,7-5

CocaCola
08-27-2011, 06:48 AM
SF: Nadal-Murray Djokovic-Federer

F: Djokovic-Murray

Djokovic wins 7-5 6-2 3-6 7-6

Mainad
08-27-2011, 07:54 AM
You are basing your opinion on a single tournament, which is Cincinnati but I'm not sure if Murray played that well considering that many of the top players pulled out injured or didn't want to push hard before a Slam.

Murray certainly didn't play his A game at any point in Cincinnati. IMO he did just enough to get through his rounds. I don't think he was expecting to win the tournament,he just wanted to get some much-needed match practice before the US Open given that he had just gone out early in Montreal. He said that he preferred to play Djokovic in the final because he wanted to see how well his game currently matched up against the World No.1 and USO favourite. Unfortunately,the latter's shoulder injury prevented him from getting the clearest possible idea of that. In any case, he's been hoping to play his best tennis and peak in New York which is everybody else's goal as well.

It's really funny how he goes from being done to being one of the favourites in one week.

A perfect example of why Murray is such an odd and inconsistent guy compared to the other top players. He can get thrashed in the first rounds of tournaments he has won in the past (Miami, Montreal) and then win the very next one ( Cincinnati) and reach the semis of all 3 Slams so far. You never quite know what to expect from him but his Slam record at least has been consistently good this year.

Born to play
08-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Federer vs Djokovic
Nadal vs Murray

Nadal vs Federer: 6-4 6-4 7-6

celoft
08-27-2011, 08:10 AM
SF: Nadal-Murray Federer-Djoker

Federer wins 6-4 7-6 3-6 6-3

ricki
08-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Djokovic - Federer
Nadal - Fish

Fish - Federer (4:6, 7:6, 3:6, 5:7)

tennis_pro
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Djokovic,Tsonga,Nadal,Murray

Djokovic beat Murray 6-3 7-6 2-6 6-3

tennis_pro
08-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Djokovic - Federer
Nadal - Fish

Fish - Federer (4:6, 7:6, 3:6, 5:7)

you picked 3 players from the first half

FEDERERNADAL13
08-27-2011, 09:42 AM
semis: fed-djoko-rafa-murray
finals: fed-murray

scoreline: 6-3, 7-6 (11), 6-2

Clarky21
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Just a week before, Murray was "finished". (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=392109)
Rafa beat Murray at Wimbledon and also at RG.
I don't think about Djokovic now because he can only play against him in the final and if Rafa reaches the final then I assume he must be in decent form.

He reached the final at Wimbledon and promptly rolled over. His form has been lousy all year long despite the finals he's been in. Nadal won't make the final,but if he does he will be slaughtered by Djokovic. Novak has already won this title no matter who he plays in the final.

CMM
08-27-2011, 11:07 AM
He reached the final at Wimbledon and promptly rolled over. His form has been lousy all year long despite the finals he's been in. Nadal won't make the final,but if he does he will be slaughtered by Djokovic. Novak has already won this title no matter who he plays in the final.

You sound like a broken record. http://www.imgurl.ro/di-XW1F.gif

MaiDee
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL Fish ftw?

Alright, I'll bite (no pun intended)

Djokovic D. Nadal

6-4, 7-6 (5), 6-3

Djokovic D. Nadal

7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-3

Tough Gut
08-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Semi: Djokovic-Federer, Murray-Ferrer
Final: Federer-Murray
Winner: Federer 6-4, 7-6(7-4), 6-3.

srinrajesh
08-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Djokovic-Federer, Nadal-Murray(Alternate being Tsonga / FISH beating Federer in QTF)
Djokovic-Nadal in final
Nadal beating Djokovic 6-4, 3-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-3

The above result is unlikely to happen if Nadal continues in this vein of form but remain hopeful that he can turn it around and that djoker cant keep up his great form for such a long time.. The way i see it is that Nadal's form can only improve after his dismal performances against Dodig, Verdasco and Fish in last two tourneys.

FedExpress 333
08-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Alright:

semis: djoko-tsonga, nadal-murray.

djoko def nadal 6-4, 7-6(3), 6-4

ctbmar
08-28-2011, 03:36 AM
1st Semifinal: Berdych vs Federer
2nd Semifinal: Juan Martin del Potro vs Nadal
Final: Federer vs Juan Martin del Potro

Federer wins 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in 1 hr 52 mins.

wayne_718
08-28-2011, 04:21 AM
SF: Berdych-Federer, Murray-Nadal
Federer wins 6-4 3-6 6-3 6-4

DoubleDeuce
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Djokovic D. Nadal

7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-3

only one person got it right, good call bro.

I thought I posted my prediction, but seems like I forgot.

Interesting to see the score tomorrow.

You won the prize for sure tho.

celoft
09-12-2011, 05:27 AM

Djokovic D. Nadal

7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-3

Good call.

srinrajesh
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Djokovic-Federer, Nadal-Murray(Alternate being Tsonga / FISH beating Federer in QTF)
Djokovic-Nadal in final
Nadal beating Djokovic 6-4, 3-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-3

The above result is unlikely to happen if Nadal continues in this vein of form but remain hopeful that he can turn it around and that djoker cant keep up his great form for such a long time.. The way i see it is that Nadal's form can only improve after his dismal performances against Dodig, Verdasco and Fish in last two tourneys.

hope my prediction comes true .. would hope Nadal comes through quicker though so that it would save me some heart pumping moments..