PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Players Stare At The Mark

bhallic24
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
on a Hard Court , say after a serve is questioned in or out? I mean I totally get it on clay cuz the paint will have a ball print on it, but on a hard court?

HiroProtagonist
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
on a Hard Court , say after a serve is questioned in or out? I mean I totally get it on clay cuz the paint will have a ball print on it, but on a hard court?

Have you ever played on hard court? :|

dr325i
08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Have you ever played on hard court? :|

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rafabull
08-27-2011, 01:30 PM

It either leaves a slight mark, or they keep their eye on the place where the ball landed, walk up and get a closer look, and decide whether or not to challenge.

OddJack
08-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Guys, answr the question... I assume none of you likes to be "arrogant" right?
Imagine if Rodge said : have you ever played tennis?
You would be climing over each other like lizards to screaeammm: "Arroganttt"

The ball leaves a mark on hard courts. It's degree of visibility is different from court to court. The shape of the mark is exactly like what you see in hawk eye challenges, however, its not very clear, and sometimes does not exist at all. In some courts, depending on the ball, you could see the yellow fuzz from the ball on the spot as well.

So, players staring at a spot, are trying to see if they can figure out the outlines of the mark where they think the ball landed, which would be among many other marks already left there.
Or as the other poster pointed out, just look at where they think it landed and walk to it to decide.

svijk
08-27-2011, 02:36 PM
it is difficult to leave a mark on a hard court. it depends on the pace of the shot ( drop shots rarely leave a mark) and it helps if there is a later of dust. i do find it funny how hard players stare at it