PDA

View Full Version : US Open - What should I look out for tomorrow (Tuesday 8/30)?

Ledigs
08-29-2011, 08:21 AM
I have grounds passes. What are some good matches to look forward to on the outer courts tomorrow day?

NYCtennis1
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Gulbis vs Youhzny

aceX
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Tsonga vs Lu

OddJack
08-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Make sure you dont miss Nadal upset centr court

Lsmkenpo
08-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Gulbis vs Youhzny the best match of the day. Two of the biggest hitters on tour a great match to watch live if you want to see some real ball striking and learn some Russian curse words.

Boomgoesthedynamite
08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
you cannot watch any matches at AA w/ ground passes. However, my favorite for up and personal w/ the players are matches at Grand Stand (1st come 1st serve) but all seats are excellent. People try to get the seats in the shade. Definitely watch Tsonga's match at Grand Stand. People leave after 10 minutes or so all the time, so you can get a good seat. Get to Armstrong stadium (also 1st come 1st serve) except for those box seats. The best place to watch at Armstrong (w/o box seat tickets) are on the bridges on either side. You can access these by walking all the way up but watching them up there are really awesome. Don't forget to walk around the grounds and look for signs when the pros are practicing. Watching them practice are very nice and you get to see them extremely close. There are a lot of activities on the grounds as well. Oh, the gate near AA's line is a lot shorter -- not a very far walk from one gate to the other. However, the one w/ longer line is very close to subway stops, so ppl just line up there. Just look at the map and you can tell which gate is closer to AA. After you get in assuming at opening, run to Grand Stand and start lining up. Once it reaches full capacity, you will have to wait outside in line until enough ppl decide to leave....

Have fun.

Ledigs
08-30-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks the gulbis and tsonga matches sound great ! Ferrer is on LA but afraid that might be too crowded ?

fundrazer
08-30-2011, 04:58 AM
Thanks the gulbis and tsonga matches sound great ! Ferrer is on LA but afraid that might be too crowded ?

If you saw yesterday, there were plenty of open seats at LA. Even during the harrison match there were plenty of empty seats. Even when I was there 2-3 years ago, place is practically empty. You should be fine if you want to watch that one. I agree with other posters about Gulbis v Youzhny. Best match of day for sure.

Ledigs
08-30-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm so mad. Wanted to get an early start and my boyfriend went surfing and got breakfast. Not gonna arrive till at least 11:30. Mad ! My advice is just go alone!