PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harrison is at it again

Ctheball
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
time for the media to stop talking about Ryan Harrison as the next big US player.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
They need to continue to talk about him as the big cry baby. That's exactly what he is.

Baxter
08-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I counted six potential code violations today, and not one was handed out. I really can't believe he didn't get one for destroying his racquet after "dropping it" four previous times and launching a ball in anger once, a la Roddick the other night, or kicking the ball into the stands.

FedExpress 333
08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Exactly. It is unbelievable!

Power Player
08-29-2011, 12:40 PM
You guys need to relax and read this article about our young goat. You are losing control and raging out.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6904753/the-john-mcenroe

MichaelNadal
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
He's just trolling us all before he wins the AO.

r2473
08-29-2011, 12:45 PM
time for the media to stop talking about Ryan Harrison as the next big US player.

They need to start focusing on Donald Young.

TiberiusGracchus
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Ryan Harrison is a real asshat. And his groundies are atrocious.

He needs to act/develop a game more akin to the true rising GOAT, The Mighty Maple Leaf Mr. Missile Mucho Muy Maravilloso Milos Raonic.

arche3
08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Harrison got pwnd. His ground strokes were lame.

Homeboy Hotel
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
This thread would not exists if he never faced a 'decent' seed like Cilic in the first round.

arche3
08-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I dunno. He just doesn't look or act or play like a top player. US tennis is lost if Harrison is the savior. At this point I like Donald young better lol....

This thread would not exists if he never faced a 'decent' seed like Cilic in the first round.

Cormorant
08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
As long as Harrison keeps misbehaving he'll keep self-destructing, so the critics should just pipe down and relish the defeats they wish on him.

Also, Ryan doesn't come within twenty F-bombs of the average Hewitt blowout back in the day.

Power Player
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Once again, read the article I poasted earlier about the outbursts.

Ctheball
08-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Didn't Sampras win the US Open at age 19, and Chang won the French Open at age 17? Until Ryan Harrison wins something before he turns 20, no need to call him the next great US hopeful. And his game is typical IMG academy product - bang bang forehand, but no touch and lack of all court game.

AR15
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
The audience at the Open let Harrison know how they felt about his behavior with their boos. Perhaps he will get the message.

SoCal10s
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
US tennis and USTA in desperate situation trying to find the next young pro...will grab on to anything ..

Tim Tennis
08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, I did not see the match. I do think he has a lot of potential. You would think his coach and parents would control his outbursts.

rdis10093
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
As long as Harrison keeps misbehaving he'll keep self-destructing, so the critics should just pipe down and relish the defeats they wish on him.

Also, Ryan doesn't come within twenty F-bombs of the average Hewitt blowout back in the day.

those were the good days

dirtballer
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Harrison's behavior is embarrassing and Justin Gimelstob just looks past it and says it's because he cares so much. He must have stock in him. Petulent is petulent.

Cormorant
08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
those were the good days

haha

Did you see Hewitt v. Moya in Rome 2002?

Tournament Referee: What seems to be the trouble, ump?
Carlos Bernardes(in hushed tones): Well, he complained about the call and I said it was in then he said, "That is frakking bullcrap!" So I gave him the warning...

rdis10093
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I did. He still drops it every blue moon, but not that much anymore. I wish he could have played at the open this year, but his style of tennis is so bad on the body.

achokshi99
08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
those were the good days

Yeah but Harrison stinks

Crisstti
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I counted six potential code violations today, and not one was handed out. I really can't believe he didn't get one for destroying his racquet after "dropping it" four previous times and launching a ball in anger once, a la Roddick the other night, or kicking the ball into the stands.

Yeah. I doubt it's very fair that the umpires apply warnings for that kind of thing (and time warnings) just whenever they feel like it. Like none today, and a point punishment to Andy Roddick in a break point in Cincinnati... It creates uncertainty.

Didn't Sampras win the US Open at age 19, and Chang won the French Open at age 17? Until Ryan Harrison wins something before he turns 20, no need to call him the next great US hopeful. And his game is typical IMG academy product - bang bang forehand, but no touch and lack of all court game.

Yep. How old is Ryan Harrison?.

Disgruntled Worker
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Emotional outbursts aside, I DO like his groundstrokes. That backhand is absolutely flawless -- comparable to a young Andre Agassi. I hope he does well in the future because there's no doubt he has a ton of talent.

TennisMaverick
08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Harrison's behavior is embarrassing and Justin Gimelstob just looks past it and says it's because he cares so much. He must have stock in him. Petulent is petulent.

That's because Justin was the biggest wise guy in the section, and our section is the worst in the country with regards to behavior.

guitarplayer
08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Can not stand him! Gives Americans and any human a bad image.

Lemoned
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Mary Carillo Calls Ryan Harrison "Mr. Cranky Pants"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ILuQ6amWNY

tacou
08-29-2011, 07:53 PM
ryan harrison is awesome

Lsmkenpo
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
As far as his demeanor, who cares, if he is winning no one will say a damn word about it, it would be embraced a la Mcenroe and Connors.
It is great to see a young player with a fiery attitude, tired of seeing young players going onto court just happy for the opportunity to take a beating against top players. His attitude is what will drive him to continue to improve.

Concerning his play against Cilic, it was clear he went into the match attempting to grind Cilic and wait for him to make the UE. That has worked against Cilic for a lot of players this past year. Cilic seems like he is moving back into form. We will see against Tomic next round, Tomic will play the same game and give him even less pace than Harrison did today.

slice bh compliment
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, we need more role models like Michael Jordan and Lance Armstrong. Really? Oh, well, never mind.

Ryan is a good kid. He's a hot head. I'm sure he'll regret some of that wasted energy. He is learning every month out there.

He was close to pushing Cilic today. Next time.

Crisstti
08-29-2011, 09:30 PM
As far as his demeanor, who cares, if he is winning no one will say a damn word about it, it would be embraced a la Mcenroe and Connors.
It is great to see a young player with a fiery attitude, tired of seeing young players going onto court just happy for the opportunity to take a beating against top players. His attitude is what will drive him to continue to improve.

One thing is a fiery attitude, another lacking education and acting in a petulat way... (not that he did anything all that bad, mind you).

Lsmkenpo
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
One thing is a fiery attitude, another lacking education and acting in a petulat way... (not that he did anything all that bad, mind you).

He is a well spoken, gracious young man off the court which is the only place it really matters.

winstonplum
08-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Ryno ain't making the top 50 ever with that backhand. So bad. So little acceleration at the point of contact. Just an ugly, chopping block. I watched both semis with Fish in the last month, and if that backhand is just average, he could have won the second match. He's got a top 10 serve, a top 25 forehand, and 4.5 backhand. Just so, so, bad.

Spin Doctor
08-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Can not stand him! Gives Americans and any human a bad image.

You judge ALL americans by the behavior of one particular person?

Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is. Speaking for myself, I'm going to try to the enjoy the fireworks from his meltdowns.

ttbrowne
08-30-2011, 05:31 AM
Here's more Harrison discussion:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=393256&highlight=harrison

Crisstti
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
He is a well spoken, gracious young man off the court which is the only place it really matters.

Well, good to know. Can't really disagree much with you there.

West Coast Ace
08-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Also, Ryan doesn't come within twenty F-bombs of the average Hewitt blowout back in the day.He's only 19. He's building to it. :)

You would think his coach and parents would control his outbursts.On the 'World of Tennis' show on Tennis Channel he said he's tried to contain it, but it hurts his game. Strange that he had a strict upbringing - still calls his father 'Sir' - but they let him get away with it. I remember reading that Borg was a racket thrower as a youngster. His dad witnessed it and took his rackets away and wouldn't let him play for a week or two - never happened again.

Like Roddick, another American I won't be pulling for...

sureshs
08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
He's only 19. He's building to it. :)

On the 'World of Tennis' show on Tennis Channel he said he's tried to contain it, but it hurts his game. Strange that he had a strict upbringing - still calls his father 'Sir' - but they let him get away with it. I remember reading that Borg was a racket thrower as a youngster. His dad witnessed it and took his rackets away and wouldn't let him play for a week or two - never happened again.

Fed too I believe.

Strict upbringing like calling your father Sir is all right, but sometime it can lead to suppressed emotions which cause violent aggression in later life.

Sid_Vicious
08-30-2011, 12:11 PM

On the 'World of Tennis' show on Tennis Channel he said he's tried to contain it, but it hurts his game. Strange that he had a strict upbringing - still calls his father 'Sir' - but they let him get away with it. I remember reading that Borg was a racket thrower as a youngster. His dad witnessed it and took his rackets away and wouldn't let him play for a week or two - never happened again.

I saw a documentary on Borg on an airplane. I think Bjorn was banned from his tennis club for months rather than his parents punishing him for a week or two.

GRANITECHIEF
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Feds book said he had to clean his gym toilets for throwing his rackets, hahaha. Blake was a litte ***** attitude jr. too.

Gorecki
08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
That is absolutely outrageous. Guys like George W. Bush give Americans a bad name and guys like Osama Bin Laden give humans a bad image.

All Harrison did was act temperamental on a tennis court and all of a sudden he is a disgrace to humanity? :lol:

of course not. he is a disgrace to worms and other vermicular beings..

I loke RH and i would like him even more if he tried to stop a 80mph moving Macj truck with his great hands and frightening screams...

verbatim100
08-31-2011, 04:26 AM

So? Because he is 19, his petulance should be condoned? Tomic is 18. That means Tomic should also be permitted to throw tantrums like a little boy during a match?? :shock:

pmerk34
08-31-2011, 07:46 AM
So? Because he is 19, his petulance should be condoned? Tomic is 18. That means Tomic should also be permitted to throw tantrums like a little boy during a match?? :shock:

Correct, his behavior needs to stop NOW. The reason a guy like McEnroe got away with it is because they did not come down hard enough on him early on. Start fining and suspending Ryan and now and he'll find a way to act decent on the court. Ryan is a nobody right now so this is the time to get him in line. If he ever becomes a big draw they will be less inclined to stop this behavior.

BTW this behavior has nothing to do with him being American. There are jerks from all counties on tour

Cindysphinx
08-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Ryno ain't making the top 50 ever with that backhand. So bad. So little acceleration at the point of contact. Just an ugly, chopping block. I watched both semis with Fish in the last month, and if that backhand is just average, he could have won the second match. He's got a top 10 serve, a top 25 forehand, and 4.5 backhand. Just so, so, bad.

+1.

Wow, that is a crap BH. And Cilic got the memo, didn't he? He went there again and again. Each of Harrison's BHs was a little shorter than the last. Then he would start slicing. Then it was over. When Harrison had a ball he could attack with his BH, he whacked it into the net most of the time, especially when going DTL.

Gimelstob doesn't know much, but he nailed the Harrison BH. Not enough left side, poor directional control, leaves it hanging in the middle of the court.

I'm surprised his camp isn't in a blind panic about that BH.

Amelie Mauresmo
09-01-2011, 06:07 AM
I think Ryan Harrison definitely has talent but the kid needs to mature and grow up ASAP. I don't like the media trying to hype this kid and he hasn't even reached the top 50. He hasn't won an ATP Tour title either. I think Harrison is good but he needs to stop acting like a baby Andy Roddick. He needs to channel his emotions and use it in a more constructive manner. He needs to mature fast. Doesn't Ryan realize throwing his racket and screaming only makes him look stupid? The other player will only become MORE motivated to beat him because he knows he has rattled him.

The_Question
09-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Forget Harrison, ESPN is now on the hype of Jack Sock as the next best thing in American tennis...

Oh don't believe the hype...

bjorn23
09-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I like socks game more

pmerk34
09-01-2011, 07:01 AM
I think Ryan Harrison definitely has talent but the kid needs to mature and grow up ASAP. I don't like the media trying to hype this kid and he hasn't even reached the top 50. He hasn't won an ATP Tour title either. I think Harrison is good but he needs to stop acting like a baby Andy Roddick. He needs to channel his emotions and use it in a more constructive manner. He needs to mature fast. Doesn't Ryan realize throwing his racket and screaming only makes him look stupid? The other player will only become MORE motivated to beat him because he knows he has rattled him.

Hate to to tell you this but John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors NEVER matured and in fact they used the outbursts to their advantage. The fact is that Ryan's type of behavior helped Mac and Jimmy but hurts others. We don;t know if acting like an *** helps or hurts Ryan's game yet. What I do know is that he needs to be fined and suspended soon so his behavior does not continue.

Amelie Mauresmo
09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Hate to to tell you this but John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors NEVER matured and in fact they used the outbursts to their advantage. The fact is that Ryan's type of behavior helped Mac and Jimmy but hurts others. We don;t know if acting like an *** helps or hurts Ryan's game yet. What I do know is that he needs to be fined and suspended soon so his behavior does not continue.

McEnroe and Connors WERE the exception to the rule and are from a different era. Harrison's outbursts have only hurt him NOT helped him. It is also disappointing this kid's parents don't check him for his outbursts it is just disgraceful behaviour! It is abhorrent to watch this kid act like that on the court he needs to get some class ASAP!

pmerk34
09-01-2011, 11:58 AM
McEnroe and Connors WERE the exception to the rule and are from a different era. Harrison's outbursts have only hurt him NOT helped him. It is also disappointing this kid's parents don't check him for his outbursts it is just disgraceful behaviour! It is abhorrent to watch this kid act like that on the court he needs to get some class ASAP!

His parents would have had stop him in his JR high years and they obviously failed. Now he is an adult and has to stop it himself.

Lunaticalm
09-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Mary Carillo and Justin Gimelstob fighting over Ryan Harrison's antics:

heftylefty
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Mary Carillo and Justin Gimelstob fighting over Ryan Harrison's antics:

Gimelstob punked out. I guess having access to Harrison is more important than standing up for the right thing.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Someone should slap some sense into him, spoiled bratty punk who will be served WC by the USTA into all eternity (if needed) .

Is this who is gonna fill in after Sampras,Agassi,Roddick...wow...

Oh yes, I dont like him.

Lunaticalm
09-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Gimelstob punked out. I guess having access to Harrison is more important than standing up for the right thing.

For once I agree with Carillo. Gimelstob is a ******...