PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

RafatheChamp
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
does anyone know if Murray plays the day or night session on Wednesday? Looking to get tickets

norbac
08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would guess Murray would get the day session and Roddick would get the night session. That's just what I think though.

RafatheChamp
08-29-2011, 04:45 PM
wait is he playing at arthur ashe stadium? i remember last year most of his matches were on louis armstrong

norbac
08-29-2011, 04:48 PM
wait is he playing at arthur ashe stadium? i remember last year most of his matches were on louis armstrong

I would think so seeing as Roger, Djoker, Rafa, and Fish would all have played their first round matches by then. Who else on the men's side would they put on Ashe? Isner, perhaps...

RafatheChamp
08-29-2011, 04:50 PM
oh alright thanks man

norbac
08-29-2011, 04:51 PM
oh alright thanks man

Actually Isner/Baghdatis is a good first rounder with an American in it, might be on Ashe.

You're welcome.

Atherton2003
08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
I thought Andy always gets court 17 or something like that.

Cormorant
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
I thought Andy always gets court 17 or something like that.

I don't recall Murray playing on a building site last year, so what you're suggesting is quite improbable.

batz
08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
The official tournament schedule says that Men's R2 matches will be played during the night sessions on Wednesday - if this is correct, then Murray will be playing during the day.

Homeboy Hotel
08-30-2011, 03:28 AM
The official tournament schedule says that Men's R2 matches will be played during the night sessions on Wednesday - if this is correct, then Murray will be playing during the day.

Yep. ^

Murray always gets bumped down to Louis Armstrong. Never really seen him play a big match at night, always on during the day.

Feņa14
08-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Yep. ^

Murray always gets bumped down to Louis Armstrong. Never really seen him play a big match at night, always on during the day.

I remember him playing Dent and Wawrinka a few years back, he was brilliant in both matches. I'd like to see him getting the chance again, but I think the big 3 will dominate the night sessions. Who knows, maybe he'll get to play del Potro if they both make it that far.

syc23
08-30-2011, 06:24 AM
It seems strange they are not putting him on night matches as he is after all the world no.4 and one of the legitimate contenders. I guess in some ways he has got to win a slam before earning that right.

He gets a more favoured schedule at AO and naturally Wimbledon.

I would also think Sky has a lot of influence as to what time Murray plays. Murray up last match of the night would be past 1am UK time.

batz
08-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Yep. ^

I think he played 1 night matches in 2008 - Stan W in R4

batz
08-30-2011, 06:58 AM
It seems strange they are not putting him on night matches as he is after all the world no.4 and one of the legitimate contenders. I guess in some ways he has got to win a slam before earning that right.

He gets a more favoured schedule at AO and naturally Wimbledon.

I would also think Sky has a lot of influence as to what time Murray plays. Murray up last match of the night would be past 1am UK time.

Nail hit on head. 2nd night match starts around 2 am in the UK

Feņa14
08-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I think he played 1 night matches in 2008 - Stan W in R4

He's played Dent too. I also seem to remember him being sick on court against Pavel maybe? That was years ago though, and on an outside court.

norbac
08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
He's played Dent too. I also seem to remember him being sick on court against Pavel maybe? That was years ago though, and on an outside court.

vs. Gulbis in 09 was also a night match on Ashe.

West Coast Ace
08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't know for sure, but I would guess Murray would get the day session and Roddick would get the night session. That's just what I think though.This seems to be the most likely scenario. Roddick's not going to have too many more USO's - USTA will give him a few more top billings as a Lifetime Achievement Award. :)

syc23
08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
This seems to be the most likely scenario. Roddick's not going to have too many more USO's - USTA will give him a few more top billings as a Lifetime Achievement Award. :)

More opportunities for Roddick to get humiliated on prime time national TV.

West Coast Ace
08-30-2011, 10:18 AM
More opportunities for Roddick to get humiliated on prime time national TV.+1. In his own line of Lacoste clothes...

Qubax
08-30-2011, 11:41 AM
It would seem quite humiliating if Roddick doesn't play on Ashe. However, given his year he probably deserves to be on Louis Armstrong

batz
08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would guess Murray would get the day session and Roddick would get the night session. That's just what I think though.

Spooky! :)

Mainad
08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
does anyone know if Murray plays the day or night session on Wednesday? Looking to get tickets

He's scheduled to play in the day session on Arthur Ashe around 13.00 hrs New York time.

Andy Roddick plays Michael Russell in the night session.

Source: ATP website.