PDA

View Full Version : Lightest, Coolest, Most Comfortable Apparel?

aggielaw
08-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I asked this in the Adidas thread and got excellent recommendations. I have no particular brand preference, so I'd like to open the question to include all manufacturers.

For hot, humid weather, what have you found to be the lighest, coolest, most comfortable attire?

Second question: what's the "cut" of your recommendation (slim, generous, long, short)? At 5'11/210 I need to lose some weight so I'm looking for a more generous cut, but I'm interested in seeing recommendations regardless of fit. :???:

Thanks for your thoughts!

abcman
08-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Nike Pro is my all time favorite.
Slim cut which absorb your sweat and dry quick

macs971
08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
no doubt: Under Armour.
i feel naked when in it...

aggielaw
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
You know, that's what I had always thought, too, macs. I own tons of UA gear, to the tune of 6 pairs of various model shorts, 6 TNP shirts, 2 Tech Tees, 1 Charged Cotton, and several shirts dating back to the company's inception, so they don't have model names that I know of.

What set me on the search for lighter clothing is that I stopped by a local Sports Authority in early Summer and bought some clearance Adidas. I don't know what year or model line the shorts and shirt I bought were, but they are much lighter and cooler than any of my UA gear. I still love my UA gear and if I'm working out in the gym the UA gear is my staple, but outside in the heat of summer I really need something cooler. (Though maybe not as cool as this one: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2649069824/tt0343660) :shock:

macs971
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
:-)

i would wear it only in zoolander gas station fight :-)

RMCTennis
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Joma clothing is as good as Adidas and Nike if not better. Their shirts breathe well and are well made. Their shorts have a different cut than most other brands. Can't beat it especially considering the price.

nadalex
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM
adidas shorts are simply amazing, and their shirts are just about aas good as the other top brands. But again, there shorts are so great and cool and quickdrying

SirGounder
08-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Joma clothing is as good as Adidas and Nike if not better. Their shirts breathe well and are well made. Their shorts have a different cut than most other brands. Can't beat it especially considering the price.

Can Joma gear be purchased in US? I've heard that there area couple brick and mortar stores that carry it but none of them are anywhere near me.

SirGounder
08-31-2011, 08:46 AM
adidas shorts are simply amazing, and their shirts are just about aas good as the other top brands. But again, there shorts are so great and cool and quickdrying

I used to just wear mesh shorts but picked up a pair of adidas shorts. Absolutely amazing.

The_Question
08-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Surprisingly Kwiss crew are pretty good! They're not as plastic as Adidas, or Nike's w/spandex which gets heavy and drag when wet. And best of all, Kwiss crews are $10 at your local Marshalls...if you can find one...

Ronaldo
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Fila shirts are the lightest, dry quickly IMHO

mark999
09-04-2011, 07:06 AM
nike drifit RUNNING shirts are extremely light and dry fast. much better than their tennis shirts.

RMCTennis
09-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Yes, Joma clothing is finally available in the US. Send me your information I will forward the location and catalogue.

edwincen
09-11-2011, 04:56 AM
go for yonex, under estimated comfortable

Raphael
09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I love the Kappa soccer tops (especially the ones made around 2002) which have Meryl in them.

They wick moisture away VERY well and are light as can be. I'm not sure about any UV protection, if thats an issue for you.

JT_2eighty
09-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I have a variety of stuff, from adidas to nike to puma to fila.

Puma seems to dry the fastest/stay driest on court. Adidas climacool is a close second.

Another great thing is the UA mesh boxer-brief stuff, can't wear normal briefs anymore for tennis.

Jeebs
09-14-2011, 04:37 AM
nike drifit RUNNING shirts are extremely light and dry fast. much better than their tennis shirts.

I've seen a couple of Nadal pics where he's wearing running gear in training

y12.pats
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I've seen a couple of Nadal pics where he's wearing running gear in training

yea cuz the stuff nike makes for him in matches lasts him about 2 games before he looks like he jumped in a pool