PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Dent is a great commentator

Kaz00
08-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I think Taylor Dent and Murphy Jensen are the greatest commentators ever. Both can contend for the GCOAT title.

Agassi-Fan
09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I think Dent is a great commentator too. He is a breath of fresh air! He isn't afraid to call a player out of he see's them tanking or acting like babies.

Defcon
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
GCOAT is safe with Andre !!! Lifetime award.

Kaz00
09-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I think Dent is a great commentator too. He is a breath of fresh air! He isn't afraid to call a player out of he see's them tanking or acting like babies.

Agreed 100% also he has experience with a lot of the players right now so he can give us a really good insight on player strategies

mathieu
09-01-2011, 07:26 PM
No way. He sounds so pompous, like he won 16 grandslams or something. If he didn't have such an arrogant, know-it-all tone, he would be much better.

The GCOAT award will always deservedly go to Doug Adler.

TopFH
09-01-2011, 08:24 PM
My GCOAT award goes to Javier Frana, ESPN Latin America.

r2473
09-01-2011, 08:28 PM
The GCOAT award will always deservedly go to Doug Adler.

Adler can be hilarious.

GregN
09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Can someone please take Roger Rasheed off commentary, he cant string a sentence together, he continually try's to use words that he cant pronounce to add credibility to his views and he just keeps digging a bigger hole. No wonder Gael got rid of him, he would have needed subtitles.

rafabull
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Yea I heard him today, he was great. Was that the Monfils match or the Berdych one?

pound cat
09-02-2011, 03:53 AM
I love the French commentators on the Quebec sports channel I sometimes watch. I can only understand a few works that they say..eg cadeau (gift) ooh la la (good shot). just a melodic blur, but i can hear the ump and the sound of the ball.

Perfect!

effervescence
09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Listened to Taylor Dent's commentary on a match (can't remember which) for the first time last night. I was pleasantly surprised! Focused and interesting.

goober
09-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Hmm interesting. I have to listen to some of his commentary. I find it ironic though that he is calling out players when he was one that never lived up to his potential. He was overweight and out of shape and even claimed that he played better when he was heavy.

BerdychIsKing
09-02-2011, 04:16 PM
The GCOAT award goes to Robbie Koenig :)

Devilito
09-03-2011, 09:59 AM
His commentating on the Federer Cilic match so far is amazing. There are very few commentators that don't **** me off and he's one of them. He actually talks about relevant points with a player's perspective with the perfect amount of color and entertainment. Compared to Murphy Jensen who needs to be tossed out of an airplane without a parachute.

FuriousYellow
09-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I like Dent's commentating. He mainly sticks to the technical aspects of tennis instead of spending the entire match talking about fist pumps and "C'mons!".

Sentinel
09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Yup, I heard Taylor for the first time in the Fed Cilic match and he was pleasant. Unlike Koenig whom i once liked but he now gets on my wilanders, too much of a *******, and that nasal accent of his, and sort of raising his voice at the end of each sentence thing.

The GCOAT award goes to Robbie Koenig :)

rufusbgood
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Agree about Dent based on my one listen. I'd never heard him prior to the Federer/Cilic match. I thought it was great the way he used match play to illustrate the sort of tactical coaching he is working on with the elite juniors at his academy. Just about everything he brought up was though provoking and he struck just the right tone with his commentary. A really pleasant surprise.

Zildite
09-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I missed most of the Fed/Cilic match but I had heard him on earlier before. Agree that he is good :) Interesting and I would like to hear him more often.

LuvTheGame
09-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Agree about Dent based on my one listen. I'd never heard him prior to the Federer/Cilic match. I thought it was great the way he used match play to illustrate the sort of tactical coaching he is working on with the elite juniors at his academy. Just about everything he brought up was though provoking and he struck just the right tone with his commentary. A really pleasant surprise.

Find Dent's commentary actually based on play by play action and lacking in personal biais - thank you Dent!

BeHappy
09-06-2011, 02:20 AM
I thought it was very weird when he retired in his prime after fighting for years to get back...

It's like he couldn't be bothered losing 50lbs and being a top 20 player. Weird.

Kaz00
09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm going to miss the Taylor Dent commentary now that the DirecTV mix channel is done :(. Tennis Channel should hire him and put him in the booth and get rid of everybody. Use Dent for American tournaments when they used Gimblestob. And use the dynamic duo for the European tournaments.

LuvTheGame
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm going to miss the Taylor Dent commentary now that the DirecTV mix channel is done :(. Tennis Channel should hire him and put him in the booth and get rid of everybody. Use Dent for American tournaments when they used Gimblestob. And use the dynamic duo for the European tournaments.

Dent deserves contract work with both ESPN and the Tennis Channel. At least with him we get tennis commentary and NOT self-promotion!