PDA

View Full Version : Can Guys Go Hard At Girls?

subz
08-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Interview with guys who play mixed doubles ? The guy who is taking interviews is Aisam ul Haq, a good doubles player himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfDjPENDJ8&feature=player_embedded

sureshs
08-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Hard hehehe hard

Agent Orynge
08-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Sexy thread title is sexy.

PimpMyGame
08-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Tourney time, anything goes.

Socially, spin the serve in and keep the rally going. And if the girl want to play like a boy, give it to her.

Fedace
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Interview with guys who play mixed doubles ? The guy who is taking interviews is Aisam ul Haq, a good doubles player himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfDjPENDJ8&feature=player_embedded

NICE video, dude. Real pros have to go at the girl. but what about the amateurs ? I personally can't go right at the girl. but i do use the topspin lob over the girl. seem to work Well.

Sid_Vicious
08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Why not go hard on girls? After all, they are athletically superior.

Fedace
08-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Why not go hard on girls? After all, they are athletically superior.

cause, if you hit them too many times, they won't ever invite you back for mixed doubles league team ever. not that i am into mixed doubles or anything.

cucio
08-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Tourney time, anything goes.

Socially, spin the serve in and keep the rally going. And if the girl want to play like a boy, give it to her.

Letting anyone play like a boy with me, even a girl, is not exactly my cup of tea. But I respect it if it is yours.

juanparty
08-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Federer-Hingis at London 2012

______________________________███____██_██_____███
_____________________________██________██_________ _██
____________________________██__________█_________ ___██
________██████____________██______________________ __██
_____███████████________██________________________ ██
____█████████████_______██_______________________█ █
___███████████████______██______________________ ██
___████████████████______██___________________██
___████████████████_______██_________________██
____███████████████_______███_______________██
_______███████████_______██__██_____________██
___________███████______████___██__________██
____██████__██████████████_____██_____██
__██████████████████████________██__██
_████████████████████_____________████
██_█████_████████████_______________█
█__█_██__████████████
_____█__████████████
_______█████████████
_______██████████████
_______███████████████
________███████████████
_______███████__████████
______███████_____███████
____█████████________██████

Poor Mirka, but she is so fat.

TonyB
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I've always avoided going after the female in mixed dubs. But my male opponent ALWAYS goes after my female teammate. Oh well. It doesn't change my approach.

I still spin the serves in and play rally balls. Also, I don't JUST go at the female, which my male opponent typically does. If my opponents have a choice (and aren't forced to hit in my direction) I'll get maybe 5 balls coming my way in an entire set if I'm lucky. Even on my serve, they would rather hit their returns at the female up at net rather than hit into my side of the court.

I guess that's why I don't play much mixed dubs. It's too frustrating to continually try to "make something happen" and go for shots that are clearly out of my reach.

Gizo
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
When I play mixed doubles or any sport against women, I do not give them any special treatment. I exert as much effort as I normally do, as I think it would be disrespectful of me to not to consider the woman to be worthy opponent and take it easy on her.

A lot of the time when my play mixed doubles however, many of the points are dominated by rallies between the two women who target each other.

TopFH
08-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Love the thread name! So funny!

Caesar
08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Typically no special treatment, but I don't target the woman especially either.

Mixed or men's - if it's a social doubles match where there's some disparity in the players, I'll calibrate the pace of my shots to each of the opponents. As a rule of thumb, I try not to send a ball at a lesser opponent any harder than they're capable of hitting it at me. I'll still try and hit winners; just not by taking advantage of their inability to handle my pace.

bhallic24
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Typically no special treatment, but I don't target the woman especially either.

Mixed or men's - if it's a social doubles match where there's some disparity in the players, I'll calibrate the pace of my shots to each of the opponents. As a rule of thumb, I try not to send a ball at a lesser opponent any harder than they're capable of hitting it at me. I'll still try and hit winners; just not by taking advantage of their inability to handle my pace.

i respect that. Especially what you said there about not hitting the ball to a lesser opponent any harder than they're capable of hitting it back.

I like the rule. I'll see if I can use it. Although when I start losing though I also start ripping and going after them. Just don't like to lose.

Caesar
08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
i respect that. Especially what you said there about not hitting the ball to a lesser opponent any harder than they're capable of hitting it back.

I like the rule. I'll see if I can use it. Although when I start losing though I also start ripping and going after them. Just don't like to lose.
I find it's actually a pretty good method of training yourself for playing against better players. When I play matches like this I lose more than guys who go out there and show no mercy, but I also feel like I get more value out of them.

It's easy (and tempting) to blast lesser players off the court - after all, who doesn't feel great ripping winners? But it's an easy out. As soon as you play someone your own skill level, that doesn't work - they can handle the speed.

By not letting yourself 'cheat' with pace in those lesser matches, you're actually making yourself work for your winners like you would in a real game. As a result, the placement and angles that you're practicing will pay dividends when you juice up your shots to play tougher opponents.

RCizzle65
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Do you go easier in a competitive match against a weaker guy? Tennis is about going to the weakness, and in mixed doubles, it is usually the woman who is the weaker link. Obviously not always going to be true for club level players, but the professionals, yeah most of the time. So, playing for fun, like club players, no I probably wouldn't and just play for fun, but in a competition, you are ot there to win, and you do what it takes (within the rules of course) to win.

CHOcobo
08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
depend on the girl. most do but you don't want to hurt them too much though.

Clay lover
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Most certainly, the girls would love it

tusharlovesrafa
08-30-2011, 09:32 PM
this thread gives me a hard on..

Sentinel
08-31-2011, 07:22 AM
You need to get out more and meet girls, and not get hard on thread titles ;)

Fedace
08-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Federer-Hingis at London 2012

______________________________███____██_██_____███
_____________________________██________██_________ _██
____________________________██__________█_________ ___██
________██████____________██______________________ __██
_____███████████________██________________________ ██
____█████████████_______██_______________________█ █
___███████████████______██______________________ ██
___████████████████______██___________________██
___████████████████_______██_________________██
____███████████████_______███_______________██
_______███████████_______██__██_____________██
___________███████______████___██__________██
____██████__██████████████_____██_____██
__██████████████████████________██__██
_████████████████████_____________████
██_█████_████████████_______________█
█__█_██__████████████
_____█__████████████
_______█████████████
_______██████████████
_______███████████████
________███████████████
_______███████__████████
______███████_____███████
____█████████________██████

Poor Mirka, but she is so fat.

Did you know Pete Sampras hit one of his Huge 128 mPH serve to Hingis's Backhand and she Drove it right back at Pete's feet. She did. and Next time Pete got ****ed and hit one right at her body and she hit the ball with the handle of the racket. otherwise she would gotten Tagged.....:):)

Power Player
08-31-2011, 08:03 AM

Too far my man..too far.

fuzz nation
08-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Saw a mixed doub's final on TV a few years ago, maybe from Wimbledon, and I think Azarenka/Mirnyi were playing Megann Shaughnessy and... don't remember (Leander Paes?). Megann was actually returning 130 mph bombs from The Beast and through a couple segments of the match, Azarenka was the steadiest & deadliest player on the court.

All bets were off with the title on the line and it was an awesome match.

Be nice if the ladies in your mixed matches aren't too strong - they may introduce you to their smokin' friends/relatives. Or find circles with better women and get them sparks a flyin'!!!

SirGounder
08-31-2011, 09:50 AM
So many jokes based on threat title. I say anything goes, especially if the girl is better than you.

ATXtennisaddict
08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
If I were a pro, yes, I'd do it for the sake of my team and myself, we have to win to earn money.

Friendly match, no.

billnepill
08-31-2011, 04:29 PM
(Nadal hit a 133mph serve in the 1st Round of this here US Open, and several other 130+ bombs)

the parenthesis are rightly placed as usual, as the comment doesn't address any of the points in the thread.

TopFH
08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
(Nadal hit a 133mph serve in the 1st Round of this here US Open, and several other 130+ bombs)

Idiot. Sampras served that to a woman. And what does Nadal have to do in this anyways?

OrLevy
08-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, in the pros, it make sense to go at the girl, she won't get the ball back, but a pro female's tennis player probably have the reflxees to block or get out of the way. In social matches, you could really catch someone unaware.

kishnabe
08-31-2011, 08:27 PM

Stop feeling insecure about Nadal. Sampras serving to Hingis...has nothing to do with Nadal and never will. Keep your Nadal at bay in the Nadal news thread.