PDA

View Full Version : Cheating? Novak using Egg Shaped Pressure Chamber

LuvTheGame
08-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Wall Street Journal Article - Posted: Tuesday August 30, 2011

"Novak Djokovic's Secret:Sitting in an Egg-Shaped Pressure Chamber"

Novak acknowledges using it (**** POD, pressure chamber) for the first time last week during a sponsor event in New York after he was asked about it for this Wall Street Journal article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576532854267519860.html

"I think it really helps - not with muscle, but more with recovery after an exhausting set," Djokovic told the Wall Street Journal this week. "It's like a spaceship. It's very interesting technology."

The **** an egg-shaped capsule, according to its manufacturers - improves circulation, boosts red blood cells and removes lactic acid from the user's system among other benefits.

Novak has been preparing for the US Open by spending time sitting in the **** an egg-shaped capsule. In fact, Djokovic is so convinced that the pod helps his game that during the U.S. Open, which starts Monday, he's staying (for the fourth year) with a wealthy tennis-trainer friend in Alpine, N.J. who keeps one of the machines on his property.

Ever since last year's U.S. Open, Djokovic has been trying to improve his fitness by climbing into the rare $75,000 egg-shaped, bobsled-sized pressure chamber.

**** Systems chief executive Allen Ruszkowski says the treatment seems to have many of the same effects on the body as intense exercise. He claims that the technology may be twice as effective at helping the body absorb oxygen as blood doping--a banned form of performance enhancement.

Says former top-20 player Vince Spadea, who hit with Djokovic in Alpine last summer when he says Novak was first "experimenting" with the pod at Uehling's estate. "He was[/URL] looking to improve some of the challenges he was having--breathing capacity, allergies--and definitely something clicked there."

These are Things that make you go hmmmmmm:???:?

Related Articles:

Sports Illustrated -

"http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/index.htmlhttp#ixzz1WZzIQa47

The Score - "Here's how Novak Djokovic is preparing for Conor Niland" [URL="http://www.thescore.ie/djokovic-hoping-pod-technology-will-give-him-edge-in-niland-clash-213482-Aug2011"]

http://www.thescore.ie/djokovic-hoping-pod-technology-will-give-him-edge-in-niland-clash-213482-Aug2011 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/index.html#ixzz1WZzIQa47)

celoft
08-31-2011, 06:26 AM
This egg is banned(illegal) in certain countries.

Matt H.
08-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Where there is smoke there is fire.

I, along with the majority of tennis fans, have been scratching my head for most of the year wondering how a guy with all kinds of fitness and respiratory problems comes out and maintains a guns blazing season like this.

He did SOMETHING, and now we know.

The key moment for me was the Miami final. Hot as heck and humid, in the 3rd set. After a couple of ridiculously long rallies the cameras focus in on Nadal. He's literally crouched over with hands on his knees, and sucking for air like he's dying. Novak is simply toweling off.

It just didn't make sense at the time.

Shady_Sawyer
08-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Novak spoke about this. He used it twice last year. So it doesnt really make any difference to his game. All you *******s can suck it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrz_JW0Xys&t=7m44s

Fedace
08-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Novak spoke about this. He used it twice last year. So it doesnt really make any difference to his game. All you *******s can suck it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrz_JW0Xys&t=7m44s

Of coures, he's gonna say it doent' make any difference to his game....LOL.

What is he going to say ?? ""OH yea,,,,this chamber,,,,when i am done,,,i feel like Superman......LOL,,only if that butt Picking Nadal monkey knew.....LOL"" QUOTE from Novak after one of his egg sessions.:):)

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 09:31 AM
If it's good for Floyd Landis & cyclists, it's good for our Nole. It's not illegal in ITF books so tennis players of all types can use it. Athletes will push the envelope as we all know.

However, this gov health site explains the do's and don'ts of these chambers:

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/med/hyper-eng.php

A quote from the above article:

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a well-established medical treatment. In April 2005, the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society recognized the therapy as an effective treatment for 13 specific conditions:

embolisms (air or gas bubbles in the bloodstream, which may travel to the brain or lungs);
carbon monoxide poisoning (from inhaling smoke or car exhaust);
gas gangrene;
crush injury, Compartment Syndrome and other acute traumatic problems where blood flow is reduced or cut off (e.g., frostbite);
decompression sickness (the bends);
enhancement of healing for wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers;
exceptional blood loss (anemia);
intracranial abscess (an accumulation of pus in the brain);
necrotizing soft tissue infections (flesh-eating disease);
osteomyelitis (bone infection);
delayed radiation injury (e.g., radiation burns that develop after cancer therapy);
skin grafts and flaps that are not healing well; and
thermal burns (e.g., from fire or electrical sources).

However, there are risks. Before consenting to treatment, you should consider these factors:

Pressure inside the chamber can damage the middle and inner ear, nasal sinuses, lungs and teeth in both adults and children.
Some people experience claustrophobia inside the chamber.
The therapy may affect your eyes, for example by promoting nearsightedness or cataract growth.
Because hyperbaric oxygen therapy affects blood sugar levels, diabetics should have their levels checked before and after treatment.
A high concentration of oxygen can cause serious complications in some children who have congenital heart disease.
Too much oxygen can sometimes, although rarely, lead to overload that can cause seizures and lung problems. This is usually prevented by having the patient take breaks to breathe normal air instead of pure oxygen.
High concentrations of oxygen at elevated pressures can pose a risk of fire.

sureshs
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Will Serena fit into the pod?

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 09:37 AM
My father is a trauma surgeon and he now works with a lot of hyperbaric treatments for wound healing.

it is really an amazing technology.

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Will Serena fit into the pod?

Nope, the glass will cut the top of her foot causing her to make a mess in the pod, not to mention the very HIGH RISK of a pulmonary embollism.

Besides, she has no need for these new-fangled gadgets, her natural athletic abilities are exponentially greater than her peers.

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 09:43 AM
My father is a trauma surgeon and he now works with a lot of hyperbaric treatments for wound healing.

it is really an amazing technology.

It's been around since 1990's, it's not exactly new to the medical field.

Oh, can you ask your esteemed father what are the benefits it could impart to a top tier athlete and let us know?

thx!

r2473
08-31-2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83C3UpTHdYo

Bhagi Katbamna
08-31-2011, 09:45 AM
It isn't a hyperbaric chamber, it is a vacuum chamber that simulates high altitudes.

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
It's been around since 1990's, it's not exactly new to the medical field.

Oh, can you ask your esteemed father what are the benefits it could impart to a top tier athlete and let us know?

thx!

i never said it was new, but he just started working with that kind of treatment recently because he had a stroke and lost some dexterity for surgical procedures.

and he's not esteemed, just a dude that likes his job.

sureshs
08-31-2011, 09:52 AM
It isn't a hyperbaric chamber, it is a vacuum chamber that simulates high altitudes.

Yeah I am confused. Hyper usually means greater, so hyberbaric should mean more than 1 atm pressure. How can it then simulate high altitudes and increase RBC count? That usually happens when people acclimatize at high altitudes under low pressure.

Need some medical person to clarify what this really is.

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 09:57 AM
i can explain what it is in terms of chemistry but i don't know much about medicine

if it is conceptually similar to altitude training

the partial pressure of oxygen at high altitudes is lower than at sea level (though the amount of oxygen in the air is still 20-22 % or whatever it should be).

simulated altitude training keeps the air pressure the same but limits the amount of oxygen, so the partial pressure of the oxygen is the same as it would be at higher altitudes so it essentially does the same thing.

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
meanwhile, for hyperbaric wound care (HBOT - hyperbaric oxygen treatment), the partial pressure of oxygen is increased to maximize the oxygen-capacity of plasma which allows wounds to heal more quickly

pure hyperbaric (high pressure) treatment is good for embolisms and stuff like that.

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
i never said it was new, but he just started working with that kind of treatment recently because he had a stroke and lost some dexterity for surgical procedures.

and he's not esteemed, just a dude that likes his job.

Sorry, I inferred that he was using it on his patients, my apologies.

My esteemed comment remains, I view surgeons as highly knowlegeable individuals, you dad is a am esteemed dude in my eyes.

Can you ask him to clarify the benefits of such chambers as related to healthy athletes? I would love to hear his response.

jakemcclain32
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Sorry...this is NOT cheating.

Novak did what he did to keep himself from blowing up like he did in the past. This isn't blood doping, or HGH.

Bartelby
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Llyod Bridges wouldn't approve.

TU87
08-31-2011, 10:05 AM
The problem with trying to ban something like this is you can't test for it.

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Sorry...this is NOT cheating.

Novak did what he did to keep himself from blowing up like he did in the past. This isn't blood doping, or HGH.

He said he used it for the first time last week as quoted in the first post, what was he using before this to 'keep himself blowing up' while blowing away the field up to this point in time?

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Sorry, I inferred that he was using it on his patients, my apologies.

My esteemed comment remains, I view surgeons as highly knowlegeable individuals, you dad is a am esteemed dude in my eyes.

Can you ask him to clarify the benefits of such chambers as related to healthy athletes? I would love to hear his response.

Yeah, I'll ask next time we phone eachother but I doubt his answer will be anything more substantial than something you'd find on medical forums on the net just because his experience with pressure treatment is limited to wound healing.

The answer he will give will be based on 2nd hand knowledge and not any direct experience.

ivan_the_terrible
08-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I'll ask next time we phone eachother but I doubt his answer will be anything more substantial than something you'd find on medical forums on the net just because his experience with pressure treatment is limited to wound healing.

The answer he will give will be based on 2nd hand knowledge and not any direct experience.

Fair enough, thanks for your informative posts so far.

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok so doing some reading on Anatomy and stuff I find that

Hypobaric (low pressure, IE altitude training) will increase the number of red blood cells in the bloodstream improving the function of vascular tissue.

This is well and good but does nothing to increase the healing/recovery of non-vascular tissue.

however, ligaments, tendons, intervertebral discs benefit from hyperbaric therapy as excess oxygen will diffuse to balance the concentration gradient.

the reason this is possible is because: hemoglobin can only carry so many oxygen molecules (i am not a biochemist so i don't know hemoglobin's binding properties)

meanwhile free oxygen in plasma (As mentioned in a prior post) can go wherever it needs to - including non-vascular tissue.

either way i still don't know what the "Egg" does.

CDestroyer
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Its not cheating because its not illegal. However it is clearly giving him a recovery advantage which is critical to a tennis pros game.

Imo its just a temporary loophole in the rules which will probably be banned in the future but like someone said how can they test for it?

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Its not cheating because its not illegal. However it is clearly giving him a recovery advantage which is critical to a tennis pros game.

Imo its just a temporary loophole in the rules which will probably be banned in the future but like someone said how can they test for it?

I dunno.

Blood Doping and hypobaric training have the same benefit - increased red blood cell count.

The test for blood doping, though, is for a the hormone etrithoprotein (sic) and not red blood cell count.

I don't know what they would do.

sureshs
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
If someone says he will always train in Colorado, can he be banned?

teAlexis
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
I would think unless it gave off some chemical that improved his strength, it won't be banned. Maybe it helps his asthma.

veroniquem
08-31-2011, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the laugh :)

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 03:34 PM

training in Colorado is actually training

as opposed to sitting in some rich dude's "pressure thing"

Atherton2003
08-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Breaking news - Djokovic is currently stuck in this egg - they will need to crack the egg to get him out.

billnepill
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
when he wins USO, he will appear on the stage in The Egg to lift the trophy

that will successfully rival the idiocy of Federer´s 15 jacket and Nadal´s moronic WB 2008 celebrations.

Ballbashing Grinder
08-31-2011, 04:19 PM
In the article the manufacturers say the pod needs to be used 3 times a week.(You don't just do one blast and stock up on benefits for months on end) It costs 75 grand and is located in New Jersey and needs to be set up in a proper environment. So answer me honestly, do ye guys think he's putting it in his pocket and bringing it from Madrid to Rome to wherever, where he's playing practically everyday and just sticking it in the corner of his hotel room, plugging it in to thin air? These are all the questions and quotes from Djokovic on the issue when asked in two different pressers:

Q. There was a story today about your use of hyperbaric chamber for healing.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I saw that.

Q. And physicality.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah.

Q. What can you tell us about that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, all I can say is that I have used it a couple of times last year, and I haven't used it since. You know, it's very interesting technology, but I don't know the effect of it. It has nothing to do with my success that I had in last ten months.

Q. Will you use that since you will be in New Jersey, that chamber?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I haven't used it this year because I'm really not intending to change my own routines. I have my own therapist I have with my team and it's been working well, so I have no reason to really try other things.

Q. To clarify a subject you touched on in the press conference yesterday, what importance has this egg, the hyperbaric chamber had in its therapy for you? How much have you used it in the last year? Is there any sort of controversial aspect to it in your mind?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, I said yesterday, and I'm gonna repeat it I think for the last time, you know, because I really wouldn't like to speak about it anymore because I don't , there is no reason to open the subject. I have used it a couple of times, very few times last year just to test it and see how it is, and since then I haven't used it at all, you know, this year. So I cannot really say what's the effect. It doesn't have any influence on my success that I had in last 10 months, so that's really all I can say.

Q. Is there something controversial about it, for those of us that aren't that familiar with it?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I really don't know. There is nothing controversial. As I was aware, you know, many athletes, successful athletes, have been using that in the past. But as I said, I haven't used it for 12 months so I really don't know. I didn't keep track with its technology.

To those saying "of course Djokovic would deny it", well that doesn't make any sense. He was under absolutely no obligation to give quotes to the Wall Street Journal in the first place. The very fact he did it, was because he wasn't bothered. It had nothing to do with his routines so he didn't care what publicity the egg itself got. He was just commenting on the technology and how it felt inside it. You think if this was his "secret weapon" he'd go blabbing to the WSJ about it, only to deny it a day later? He would have kept his trap shut of course. He's only getting browned off now, because everyone's proclaiming he's using it when he was only giving innocent comments on the technology yada, yada. Like I say, he wouldn't have gone near a public comment in the first place if he was actually using that thing and it was crucial to his success.

@tennischemist: On the issue anyway, as far as I am aware blood doping and hypobaric training do not give the same effect. This is one of the main reasons these things aren't banned. They are no better than altitude training unlike the EPO injections...

If they aren't unsafe, are they unethical? No, because you can't ban normal altitude training, so it's unfair to ban a safe practice that makes it easier or cheaper for athletes to achieve the same effect. There is no physiological difference between altitude in a tent or in the mountains - it is the same oxygen level. Recently, the Norwegian Olympic Committee has come forward with a position statement supporting the use of altitude houses falls within the ethical norms which sport follows (Norwegian Olympic Committee, 1998).

Also, it is easily possible to increase athletes' EPO concentrations beyond their natural limits using an injection. However, an altitude chamber does not do this, although it does make it a lot easier for athletes to increase their EPO levels - just not beyond their natural limits.

http://altitudetraining.com/main/sports/research/PracticalApproachBurke
(If you read the rest of the link, when they said "easier and cheaper" they were referring to finding mountains of an appropriate altitude and the logistics of getting there btw)

Beyond the natural body limits is what causes the grave side effects, such as blood thickening, clots, heart attacks, strokes. And I presume, increasing the red blood cell count beyond natural limits, would also lead to a greater enhanced performance, in the short term at least, before any possible side effects start occurring. There are no such health warnings with these hypobaric chambers.

swordtennis
08-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Nah. Djokovic and Nadal are just stacking Jacked, SuperPump Max, Animal Rage, and NO-Xplode. Throw in a little blood spinning and a egg chamber and u got yourself a machine that does not tire and can play 5 set marathons one after another with no signs of fatigue.

jonnythan
08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Oxygen is a banned substance now?

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 05:13 PM
is there really a supplement called "Animal Rage"?

and nice post, Grinder

tennischemist
08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
However - Hypobaric training and Blood Doping DO have the same goal

Hypobaric training, though is TRAINING.. that's the key.

Blood doping is just shooting up some hormone.

sonicare
08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
A wise man once said

"haters gonna hate"

And to the OP

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnul8oaUMd1qk6druo1_500.jpg

CocaCola
08-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Please ban this egg threads ffs.

Novak123
08-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Yet another pathetic excuse for King haters to derail him. Sorry, try again.

whomad15
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Michael Jackson?
He slept in a hyper-baric chamber, and his body had so many legal drugs in it that it would have killed anyone else years before.

1970CRBase
08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
either way i still don't know what the "Egg" does.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/8/82/Vegetaunderwater2.jpg

Marius_Hancu
08-31-2011, 08:26 PM
She too:
--
Q. Have you tried the egg that Novak is using or has used?

CHRISTINA McHALE: Yeah, I've tried it before.

Q. Did you think it helped?

CHRISTINA McHALE: I don't think I did it enough to be able to say.

Q. What was it like?

CHRISTINA McHALE: Uhm, it's different. But, yeah, I didn't do it enough to be able to comment on it.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2011-08-31/201108311314826238114.html
--

Outbeyond
08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
She too:
--
Q. Have you tried the egg that Novak is using or has used?

CHRISTINA McHALE: Yeah, I've tried it before.

Q. Did you think it helped?

CHRISTINA McHALE: I don't think I did it enough to be able to say.

Q. What was it like?

CHRISTINA McHALE: Uhm, it's different. But, yeah, I didn't do it enough to be able to comment on it.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2011-08-31/201108311314826238114.html
--

LOL!!! This egg has legs.:)

veroniquem
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Is it portable? Can you take it everywhere you play? That would be very convenient :)
Honestly, if the only thing that it took to become #1 was to sit in an egg once in a while, then a lot of players would do it, no? If it's legal, then pretty stupid of them NOT to do it especially if the results were that spectacular (can you feel my skepticism?)

Lemoned
08-31-2011, 09:17 PM
LOL!!! This egg has legs.:)
http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011/08/egg-role.html

Uehling (the NJ guy), who worked with Djokovic at the Open last year and coached Christina McHale before she left to train with the USTA last season

Is it portable? Can you take it everywhere you play? That would be very convenient :)
Honestly, if the only thing that it took to become #1 was to sit in an egg once in a while, then a lot of players would do it, no? If it's legal, then pretty stupid of them NOT to do it especially if the results were that spectacular (can you feel my skepticism?)Sadly it isn't. :cry:

Q. The story said you were using it last couple of days.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it would be great if that machine had wings so it can fly wherever I am playing.

Q. Where is the machine?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's in New Jersey, one of the sports complexes there.

Defcon
08-31-2011, 09:29 PM
In principle there is no difference between this and e.g. EPO, except EPO costs a hell of a lot less, is more popular and is thus banned.

stormholloway
08-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Of coures, he's gonna say it doent' make any difference to his game....LOL.

What is he going to say ?? ""OH yea,,,,this chamber,,,,when i am done,,,i feel like Superman......LOL,,only if that butt Picking Nadal monkey knew.....LOL"" QUOTE from Novak after one of his egg sessions.:):)

Why do you use several commas in a row when periods are obviously more appropriate?

stormholloway
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
I think it's funny that they're considering banning a machine that simply offers the body more oxygen. Maybe they should ban excessive water drinking too, as well as post-match masturbation.

Clarky21
08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
I think it's funny that they're considering banning a machine that simply offers the body more oxygen. Maybe they should ban excessive water drinking too, as well as post-match masturbation.

That is not what this machine does. It boosts red blood cells. Not the same thing at all.

ViscaB
08-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Not very clever of Djokovic to mention this now. Especially if you are a player that has improved dramatically almost overnight.

BevelDevil
08-31-2011, 10:10 PM
I think it's funny that "egg shaped" is a key part of the story. Makes it seem like sci-fi.

cc0509
08-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Not very clever of Djokovic to mention this now. Especially if you are a player that has improved dramatically almost overnight.

It is perfectly legal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

LuvTheGame
08-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Q. The story said you were using it last couple of days.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it would be great if that machine had wings so it can fly wherever I am playing.

Q. Where is the machine?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's in New Jersey, one of the sports complexes there.[/QUOTE]

Interesting info from the Wall Street Journal article...

"Djokovic is so convinced that the pod helps his game that during the U.S. Open, which starts Monday, he's staying (for the fourth year) with a wealthy tennis-trainer friend in Alpine, N.J. who keeps one of the machines on his property."

SOURCE: Wall Street Journal article dated August 29, 2011
TITLE: Novak Djokovic's Secret: Sitting in a Pressurized Egg

LuvTheGame
08-31-2011, 10:35 PM

According to the news article in the Wall Street Journal::shock:
Djokovic has never mentioned the pod publicly before. He acknowledged using it for the first time last week during a sponsor event in New York after he was asked about it for this article. "I think it really helps—not with muscle but more with recovery after an exhausting set," he said. "It's like a spaceship. It's very interesting technology."

Ballbashing Grinder
08-31-2011, 10:37 PM
In principle there is no difference between this and e.g. EPO, except EPO costs a hell of a lot less, is more popular and is thus banned.

No, I already posted this a page back. You mean there is no difference between this and altitude training. It's all "EPO", it's just a matter of whether it's by injections or your body naturally increasing it's own concentration due to the environment. EPO injections increase EPO concentrations beyond natural body limits, giving huge performance enhancement and serious health problems. You can inject as much as you want right in there. With these altitude simulators or exposure to high altitude by going to the actual mountains, your own body is reacting to the lower oxygen level, thus stimulating it to produce more EPO by itself. However, the body will not produce EPO beyond the body's limits. This is why you have far less of a performance enhancement than with the injections and also why you don't have any health risks for yourself.

Also, when doing normal altitude training by going to the mountains, most athletes have adopted a "Live High, Train Low" philosophy. This means they do all their strenuous training at sea level, and do pretty light training at altitude. The lack of oxygen at these high altitudes limits you from being able to regular workouts anyway. So basically the main purpose is just to breathe in the air, and this makes the issue of where you get the air kind of irrelevant. It's not comparable to say, using steroids as opposed to doing weights, because it's not like you're exactly "working out" too much for the improvement on the mountains anyway. The hardest part is the logistics of getting to the mountains of appropriate altitude.

Why shouldn't an athlete be allowed to increase their EPO concentrations to it's maximum natural capacity? (Again I stress, the EPO injections go beyond natural capacity) Before anyone does anything, there are going to be differences in different athletes EPO concentrations anyway as a result of some athletes coming from a country or area that happens to be of a higher altitude than others. So why not allow all athletes increase to their full capacity also?

Clarky21
08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
According to the news article in the Wall Street Journal::shock:
Djokovic has never mentioned the pod publicly before. He acknowledged using it for the first time last week during a sponsor event in New York after he was asked about it for this article. "I think it really helps—not with muscle but more with recovery after an exhausting set," he said. "It's like a spaceship. It's very interesting technology."

So which story is the one he wants to stick to? He said that he used it last year at the USO,then said he planned to use it this year as well,but now he has only used it once at some sponsorship event. Me thinks he's full of bs,and is backpedalling with a quickness.

Ballbashing Grinder
08-31-2011, 10:50 PM
So which story is the one he wants to stick to? He said that he used it last year at the USO,then said he planned to use it this year as well,but now he has only used it once at some sponsorship event. Me thinks he's full of bs,and is backpedalling with a quickness.

You misunderstood how the sentence was phrased. He was at a sponsorship event and and while there, he said he had used the pod before. It was the first time he had publicly said he had used the pod. The article wasn't saying he used the pod at the actual sponsorship event. The Wall Street Journalists were at his sponsorhip event(which was for Audemars Piguet actually) and asked him about this egg.He never said he planned to use it this year,(check his quotes) that was someone else speculating who had nothing to do with Djokovic

LuvTheGame
08-31-2011, 10:53 PM

Agree!

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...then its a Duckovic :twisted:

RF_fan
08-31-2011, 10:55 PM

Yes it is banned but I don't believe ATP does testing for EPO, besides only about 20 top ranked players are given a blood test, once during each grand slam. No blood tests during out of competition testing. So players are pretty much welcome to use it.

Ballbashing Grinder
08-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes it is banned but I don't believe ATP does testing for EPO, besides only about 20 top ranked players are given a blood test, once during each grand slam. No blood tests during out of competition testing. So players are pretty much welcome to use it.

They do actually. The drug testing results of the ITF for 2009 were posted online and they showed EPO tests for players. It was done a lot less frequently than the blood and urine tests, but they did do a few throughout the year, especially the top players. Obviously they should do more of them but that's probably not going to change soon unfortunately.

ViscaB
08-31-2011, 11:12 PM
It is perfectly legal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Did I say otherwise? He needs to focus on tennis and this is certainly a distraction. Many people find his sudden stamina suspicious so this plays into their hands.

RF_fan
08-31-2011, 11:28 PM
They do actually. The drug testing results of the ITF for 2009 were posted online and they showed EPO tests for players. It was done a lot less frequently than the blood and urine tests, but they did do a few throughout the year, especially the top players. Obviously they should do more of them but that's probably not going to change soon unfortunately.
Do you remember where you found these results?
I know that pro cyclists are tested a lot more, and Lance still managed to test clean every time, when it's obvious you cannot win Tour De France if you don't cheat.

Miso
08-31-2011, 11:35 PM
So he uses a hyperbaric chamber? I don't see how that is a problem. I guess people just don't know what it is and think "oh, he feels great using it. Must be roids."

just an altitude simulator. no big deal.

Ballbashing Grinder
09-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Do you remember where you found these results?
I know that pro cyclists are tested a lot more, and Lance still managed to test clean every time, when it's obvious you cannot win Tour De France if you don't cheat.

Here it is:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/26478361/drug-test-doc
1= they were tested for whatever the heading of the column was. 0=not tested

Actually, looking at it again,it's pretty ridiculous. A player only got one test for EPO all year. They were generally top players though, roughly nearly all top 30/20. You have to go as far as Roland Garros for your first one though. It's Azarenka, and Verdasco was tested around that time too(that was the time he had the great year) Fed, Djokovic and Roddick were tested at Wimbledon. Nadal obviously wasn't there that year. Serena was tested at USO. One of the only kind of top players that wasn't tested at all throughout the year even with being everywhere, was Murray.Nadal wasn't either but missed the Wimbledon check point with injury. You're right, blood was only done at Slams but practically everyone had one. I guess you can't take them as frequently as urine because you don't want to be giving them too many needle marks and a blood test wouldn't be very pleasant to have every week but it should be done a few more times than that or at least mix it up and not always do it at Slams. Urine is done every week and again the only one during off-season.

celoft
09-01-2011, 06:50 AM

Interesting.....

sureshs
09-01-2011, 06:55 AM
What about the oxygen in the air? Is it OK with the WADA for the players to breathe it?

jonnythan
09-01-2011, 06:55 AM
EPO is a hormone.

This device simulates breathing oxygen at high altitudes.

veroniquem
09-01-2011, 07:51 AM
This device simulates breathing oxygen at high altitudes.

If that's cheating, then Fed should be the first one to be banned. I mean, do you realize how high the mountains are in Switzerland? :) And he doesn't need to spend a fortune either. He can get to the top of the Matterhorn in an egg shaped cable car for just a few dollars :twisted:

ivan_the_terrible
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
What's with tennis players and quackery?

I mean Djoker takes the lead as number 1 in this category with his woo woo doctor (now fired apparently & rehired by Ivanovic), glute-free diet and now this gizmo. He makes Nadal & PRP almost believable in this regard.

Folks, if you're looking for Nole's sudden rise to the top, it's not in this egg nor in gluten-free food.

Atherton2003
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
This "machine" give Djokovic an unfair advantage over others. All of a sudden he is able to beat players he never was able to beat before. If you want to drink Gatorade, take vitamins, minerals...anything that is legal and can be bought, fine. I'm all for achieving greatness in sport, but if you have to rely on a machine to do so, it taints all that he has accomplished.

Clarky21
09-01-2011, 06:26 PM
What's with tennis players and quackery?

I mean Djoker takes the lead as number 1 in this category with his woo woo doctor (now fired apparently & rehired by Ivanovic), glute-free diet and now this gizmo. He makes Nadal & PRP almost believable in this regard.

Folks, if you're looking for Nole's sudden rise to the top, it's not in this egg nor in gluten-free food.

Agreed,and I think most people know exactly what he's doing here. This **** nonsense is merely a red herring to what he is really doing to be able to make the physical transformation he has made this year. It would be glorious to see him get caught,but it will never happen with the lax drug testing tennis has. If I were Robert Kendrick I would be pitching a fit right now.

Outbeyond
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
It's not cheating. It's just plain embarrassing.:)

cc0509
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Did I say otherwise? He needs to focus on tennis and this is certainly a distraction. Many people find his sudden stamina suspicious so this plays into their hands.

Nadal fans being suspicious of Djokovic now is pure comedy gold given the rumors about Nadal on that very subject in the past. Talk about people in glass houses!

Clarky21
09-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Nadal fans being suspicious of Djokovic now is pure comedy gold given the rumors about Nadal on that very subject in the past. Talk about people in glass houses!

That's true,but can you imagine the uproar if Nadal came out and admitted to using something like this during the height of the Fedal rivalry? I'm certain more would have been made of it then than they are now with ****,even though Nadal has never dominated like **** has this year from out of nowhere in his whole career. Especially since **** had been a limp noodle for so many years. It just doesn't add up to me.

JustBob
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
In a desperate move to try and counter Novak Djokovic's "egg" chamber technology and to regain his lost form, Rafael Nadal is allegedly trying to acquire one of these:

http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/8e/76/movie,2001,monolith,science,fiction,photo,manipula tion,2001,a,space,odyssey-8e76bbb88d532ad034f9ca1429bb22b0_h.jpg

jerriy
09-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Why are people imbecile? What makes doping doping is the method, not just the result.

EPO is doping cuz it is an artificial laboratory-made DNA manipulated hormone mimicing the real one (and therefore toxic from long term health point of view). Needless to say there is no way Djoko's "egg" can be illegal because making this illegal would amount to regulating the air you breathe. Then you might as well ban tennis players from flying cuz the air they are breathing inside a flying aircraft is also pressure-regulated.

So if Djoko wants to follow the footsteps of Jacko and sleep in an egg then I'm afraid there's nothing one can do about it. Besides he's born/raised in a ski resort so (unlike Kvitova and Bird*****, who like hitting the Tatra trail) Djoko perhaps has had enough of spending time in real altitude ground.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-v18bJqHJl1Y/TmBHXXc_X_I/AAAAAAAAESI/tZDRwJihLRE/s800/kvitty.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tAqpvUcKlG0/TmBHXPGVmBI/AAAAAAAAESE/1zDflF5iPqM/s800/petra.jpg

Evan77
09-02-2011, 05:29 AM
This "machine" give Djokovic an unfair advantage over others. All of a sudden he is able to beat players he never was able to beat before. If you want to drink Gatorade, take vitamins, minerals...anything that is legal and can be bought, fine. I'm all for achieving greatness in sport, but if you have to rely on a machine to do so, it taints all that he has accomplished.
Excuse me. Who he wasn't able to beat before? Yeah, it's the egg. whatever.

Fedace
09-02-2011, 05:37 AM
It's not cheating. It's just plain embarrassing.:)

I guess it isn't against the rules. but One thing is for sure. IF Novak is using this for legitimate medical reason, it is OK with me. BUT if he is using this to enhance his performance, it is against the regulations and code of conduct. so that about sums it up.

Fedace
09-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Sorry to bother you but do you know where I could buy one of these things? I have the money, just wondering where to buy one. Thanks. :)

Google it. It is easy. All the Millionares have one in their home, didn't you know ?? How do you think Donald Trump and Hugh Heffener keep up their stamina ??

DRII
09-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Maybe this has something to do with the white spots on Nole's skin...

celoft
09-02-2011, 07:26 AM

That is interesting....

ivan_the_terrible
09-02-2011, 07:33 AM

pic please or it didn't happen :)

Maybe Djoker is mimicking Jacko, down to the skin condition and all. What's next a sequined glove on the right hand?

NamRanger
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
That is not what this machine does. It boosts red blood cells. Not the same thing at all.

So they should ban trips to high altitude areas too then.

The machine does nothing but simulate high altitude air; period. That's it. EPO and other blood doping is an artificial method of increasing red blood cell count by FORCING your body to produce way more than is necessary. It also has a slightly different signature than the natural occurring hormone that it mimics.

Aka it's not natural at all.

All the machine merely does it makes it abit more convenient to get to a high altitude area; you simply sit in a machine rather than take a long trip over to a high altitude area. Plus, if you or anyone accusing Djokovic of cheating actually knew anything, you'd also know that this machine, along with hyperbolic chambers, etc. have no scientific proof that supports the notion that the machines actually help you.

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM

Maybe Djoker is mimicking Jacko, down to the skin condition and all. What's next a sequined glove on the right hand?

What's next you ask? See Djoker sequine glove and all performing MJ's Thriller on at a Monte Carlo party on youtube - LOL

http://youtu.be/S-T5qnm6lXM

http://youtu.be/S-T5qnm6lXM

Gorecki
09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
This Just in : ATP and ITF to ban walking and sleeping on the mountains for the sake of *******s mental sanity....

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Question: What is the breakfast of a champion?

Novak: An Egg of course!

LMAO:):):):)

NamRanger
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
This Just in : ATP and ITF to ban walking and sleeping on the mountains for the sake of *******s mental sanity....

That is, unless Nadal sleeps on a mountain or walks on a mountain, then it is ok.

Gorecki
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
That is, unless Nadal sleeps on a mountain or walks on a mountain, then it is ok.

seriously... *******s always been limited but these days it seems, they are just plain "redicoulis"...

so what Djoker takes a few naps in a high altitude simulator...

Kaz00
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Hyperbolic chamber lolol Djokovic=Vegeta. Federer=Goku

jonnythan
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Hyperbolic chamber lolol Djokovic=Vegeta. Federer=Goku

Kaz00=Joey Tribionni ;)

Ballbashing Grinder
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM

The machine does nothing but simulate high altitude air; period. That's it. EPO and other blood doping is an artificial method of increasing red blood cell count by FORCING your body to produce way more than is necessary. It also has a slightly different signature than the natural occurring hormone that it mimics.

All the machine merely does it makes it abit more convenient to get to a high altitude area; you simply sit in a machine rather than take a long trip over to a high altitude area. Plus, if you or anyone accusing Djokovic of cheating actually knew anything, you'd also know that this machine, along with hyperbolic chambers, etc. have no scientific proof that supports the notion that the machines actually help you.

This post so much!!! I'm afraid some morons on this thread will never understand this or just ignore it so they can continue hating

Atherton2003
09-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I'd like to see if Djokovic can beat Fed, Nadal, Murray and some of the others without the use of the egg.

Ballbashing Grinder
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd like to see if Djokovic can beat Fed, Nadal, Murray and some of the others without the use of the egg.

He's not using the egg so this is a non-issue. The egg is in no way transportable. It costs 75 thousand, needs to be set up in a room that has the equipment for it, you don't just throw it in a hotel room. And it needs to be used three times a week(to have it's as yet unproven desired effects) so he'd be lucky if he could get to the thing twice a year with it's location. Djokovic has said he isn't using it. Merely sampled it 12 months ago like other players including McHale( where is she getting criticism??) and it was never part of his routines. There are athletes in everybody's favourite hockey/basketball teams openly using far more sophisticated versions of this type of thing so this furore over something that isn't even being used is quite laughable.

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
He's not using the egg so this is a non-issue. The egg is in no way transportable. It costs 75 thousand, needs to be set up in a room that has the equipment for it, you don't just throw it in a hotel room. And it needs to be used three times a week(to have it's as yet unproven desired effects) so he'd be lucky if he could get to the thing twice a year with it's location. Djokovic has said he isn't using it. Merely sampled it 12 months ago like other players including McHale( where is she getting criticism??) and it was never part of his routines. There are athletes in everybody's favourite hockey/basketball teams openly using far more sophisticated versions of this type of thing so this furore over something that isn't even being used is quite laughable.

Guess we can't believe anything printed in the Wall Street Journal and Sports Illustrated! :confused:

Wall Street Journal: “Novak Djokovic's Secret: Sitting in a
Pressurized Egg”
Djokovic is so convinced that the pod helps his game that during the U.S. Open, which starts Monday, he's staying (for the fourth year) with a wealthy tennis-trainer friend in Alpine, N.J. who keeps one of the machines on his property.
Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576532854267519860.html

Sports Illustrated: “Djokovic's **** pod treatment:
Innovation or unfair advantage?"
If you think Novak Djokovic moves quickly on the tennis court, you should see him backpedalling. Over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal reported that Djokovic had been spending time in a pressurized egg. Djokovic, though, was having none of it. "Well, all I can say is that I have used it a couple of times last year and I haven't used it since.”
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/

Pressurized Egg”
...former top-20 player Vince Spadea, who hit with Djokovic in Alpine last summer when he says Novak was first "experimenting" with the pod at Uehling's estate. "He was looking to improve some of the challenges he was having—breathing capacity, allergies—and definitely something clicked there."

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576532854267519860.html
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/index.html#ixzz1WrBg5DM0

Clarky21
09-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Guess we can't believe anything printed in the Wall Street Journal and Sports Illustrated! :confused:

Pressurized Egg”
Djokovic is so convinced that the pod helps his game that during the U.S. Open, which starts Monday, he's staying (for the fourth year) with a wealthy tennis-trainer friend in Alpine, N.J. who keeps one of the machines on his property.

If you think Novak Djokovic moves quickly on the tennis court, you should see him backpedalling. Over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal reported that Djokovic had been spending time in a pressurized egg. Djokovic, though, was having none of it. "Well, all I can say is that I have used it a couple of times last year and I haven't used it since.”
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/

Pressurized Egg”
...former top-20 player Vince Spadea, who hit with Djokovic in Alpine last summer when he says Novak was first "experimenting" with the pod at Uehling's estate. "He was looking to improve some of the challenges he was having—breathing capacity, allergies—and definitely something clicked there."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/30/day-2/index.html#ixzz1WrBg5DM0

No we're not. We are supposed to believe a person on a tennis forum instead of reputable news sources. We are also not to believe **** himself when he says he has used this machine in the past,and plans to use it again this year. Ballbashing Grinder is the only oracle we are to listen to.

Ballbashing Grinder
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Pressurized Egg”

Pressurized Egg”

We know the egg is in one of the complexes near the rich dude in New Jersey, Novak said that himself. Just said he wan't using it this year, because he had his own preparations and routines. While we're on that matter, we are agreed so that the egg is near that dude's house in New Jersey? So Novak wouldn't have had access to it throughout the year??( this thing that needs to be used three times a week) Cause see, Clarky never gets back to me on that point, always runs from anything halfway logical that he can't just spew his repeatedly drummed out version of events on.

Vince Spadea is talking about last year, when he used it, Djokovic never once denied that, in fact Novak was even happy to give quotes to the Wall Street Journal about it in the first place( yep went public on his secret weapon, he's such a fool :) )

And when did I say you shouldn't believe what they say?? We know he sampled the pod last year, he gave quotes to them for goodness sake. But other quotes are from other people who have nothing to do with Djokovic or know what he does, and have all said they were speculating(i.e "I think"). Article itself says the benefits of the pod haven't been anywhere near proven. It even says in article New Jersey Devils aren't interested in this piece of crap. Yep, because ye sheltered people here on these forums mightn't know it but hockey/basketball teams use far more sophisticated versions of this type of thing all the time and it's nothing like doping with EPO injections but I'm not going to get into the difference again cause very few are interested in listening, but it's a few pages back for anyone who is.

Tony48
09-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Ummmmmm, pretty sure he's been beating them since 2007.

veroniquem
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM

Everything you say makes perfect sense but I'm afraid your speech is falling on deaf ears. People are determined to raise hell about this because they need to vent about Djoko winning plenty of titles instead of their favorite player. So they'd jump on anything (no matter how absurd it is) to take the credit away from Djoko.
This thing has existed for a long time, has some health benefits, a lot of athletes have tried it and no, it is not a machiavelic performance enhancer and it is not illegal in any way, shape or form.
At least the "egg" is a bit different from the usual beaten path and it's kind of more fun (exotic) than the neverending "steroid abuse/ is he juicing" rants. I appreciate the change. Thank you Djoko :)

veroniquem
09-03-2011, 12:44 AM

What a ridiculous question. Djokovic won Canada 2007 by beating Roddick, Nadal and Fed back to back. He was only 20 years old. I guess it's just talent then :oops:
And he leads the h to h vs Murray 6-4 (with victories spread out between 2006 and 2011)

LuvTheGame
09-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Wanna bet Djoker had an EGG for breakfast this morning? LMAO

celoft
09-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Wanna bet Djoker had an EGG for breakfast this morning? LMAO

Very likely.:rolleyes:

Atherton2003
09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, then, if he's so good, he shouldn't need to use this egg.

DRII
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM

I noticed it during his interview at the USO before his match; i think it was thursday...

But whatever, I'm sure its only superficial...

DRII
09-08-2011, 04:03 PM

Told you people...

just believe me when I post something! LOL!

Forehand Avenger
09-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Who cares if Djoker is using a hypobaric chamber. Maybe it helps him by simulating high altitude conditions. He probably looks pretty stupid inside of it, but if it helps his performance, I'd say go for it.

No amount of gimmicks is going to allow him to catch up with Rafa or Fed anyway. I recommend attaching a rabbit's leg to his racket now. It'll take his game to the next level.

Rjtennis
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Give me a break...who cares.

Dolphina
09-10-2011, 03:53 AM
[QUOTE

To those saying "of course Djokovic would deny it", well that doesn't make any sense. He was under absolutely no obligation to give quotes to the Wall Street Journal in the first place. The very fact he did it, was because he wasn't bothered. It had nothing to do with his routines so he didn't care what publicity the egg itself got. He was just commenting on the technology and how it felt inside it. You think if this was his "secret weapon" he'd go blabbing to the WSJ about it, only to deny it a day later? He would have kept his trap shut of course. He's only getting browned off now, because everyone's proclaiming he's using it when he was only giving innocent comments on the technology yada, yada. Like I say, he wouldn't have gone near a public comment in the first place if he was actually using that thing and it was crucial to his success.

[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe he thought it wouldn´t create such a big echoe and is now bagpaddeling, yes.
But imo, this technology is not comparable to natural training in the mountains or anywhere else. Or do you believe that flying to the mountains after a long match and climb for 3 hours will really help your recovery after a long match?
Sitting in an egg to me is not training, it´s enhancing your performance in other, much easier ways than hard training. Why would anyone risk the side effects it can have, if the same can be achieved through regular training?

BeHappy
09-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Silly season

Ballbashing Grinder
09-10-2011, 04:20 AM
[QUOTE

Well, maybe he thought it wouldn´t create such a big echoe and is now bagpaddeling, yes.
But imo, this technology is not comparable to natural training in the mountains or anywhere else. Or do you believe that flying to the mountains after a long match and climb for 3 hours will really help your recovery after a long match?
Sitting in an egg to me is not training, it´s enhancing your performance in other, much easier ways than hard training. Why would anyone risk the side effects it can have, if the same can be achieved through regular training?[/QUOTE]

They don't "train" in the mountains. You ever heard of the "Live High, Train Low" method which became a big hit with many athletes. Basically means they breathe in the air on the mountains but do any strenuous training at sea-level.You can't do your proper training in the high altitude mountains because the air is too thin. The big problem with altitude training is the awkwardness of getting to mountains of appropriate altitude enough times and the sheer financial cost of setting up there. The reason athletes don't always go there is not because they can't be bothered doing the exhausting training( which as I have said, it's not at all) but because of the logistical and practical problems involved and also some athletes having much easier access dependent on location etc. etc.

Also there aren't health effects with these altitude simulators because they are simply replicating mountain air. And the way the air is inhaled into the body is the same. When you take in the air via breathing, your EPO levels cannot go over natural body limits. With EPO injections, it is injected directly in, can and does go over natural body limits which leads to the huge performance enhancement and subsequent health problems. That's why the cyclists were on the injections rather than just using these things, because you can get a way better, unnatural performance enhancement

DRII
09-10-2011, 05:41 AM
They don't "train" in the mountains. You ever heard of the "Live High, Train Low" method which became a big hit with many athletes. Basically means they breathe in the air on the mountains but do any strenuous training at sea-level.You can't do your proper training in the high altitude mountains because the air is too thin. The big problem with altitude training is the awkwardness of getting to mountains of appropriate altitude enough times and the sheer financial cost of setting up there. The reason athletes don't always go there is not because they can't be bothered doing the exhausting training( which as I have said, it's not at all) but because of the logistical and practical problems involved and also some athletes having much easier access dependent on location etc. etc.

Also there aren't health effects with these altitude simulators because they are simply replicating mountain air. And the way the air is inhaled into the body is the same. When you take in the air via breathing, your EPO levels cannot go over natural body limits. With EPO injections, it is injected directly in, can and does go over natural body limits which leads to the huge performance enhancement and subsequent health problems. That's why the cyclists were on the injections rather than just using these things, because you can get a way better, unnatural performance enhancement[/QUOTE]

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

How do you know? Particularly with the newer versions of the machines that constantly and quickly alternate their environments and pressures...

and what about Nole's white spots; may have something to do with it (perhaps)...

feetofclay
09-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Just a thought about the effects of the 'egg' and its ability to boost red blood cells and therefore increase the ability of the body to absorb oxygen. People who suffer from Chronic obstructive airways disease are unable to take in sufficient amounts of oxygen, to compensate for this the body increases the number of red blood cells. These people have very elevated haemoglobin levels and infact have to have a unit or two of blood taken off every so often to reduce those levels. The effects of high altitude surely mimic this effect creating a situation where the body cannot get enough oxygen so it compensates by increasing red blood cells.

Atherton2003
09-10-2011, 05:57 AM
breaking news....Djokovic has locked himself in the egg this morning and they are currently looking for a locksmith in the area to realease him from the egg so he can get to his match on time today.

dominatorb2
09-10-2011, 06:04 AM
So now egg is reason why he´s winning and everyone says it´s cheating..Interesting..If it would be cheating ATP would have punished him.Still funny how people are finding ways to degrade his succes in this year ;)

Atherton2003
09-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Can he win without the egg?

stapletonj
09-10-2011, 06:34 AM
A thread about this Egg that goes to 6 pages and not ONE Lady Gaga crack? c'mon guys!

especially with the Joker and how he likes to mimic other celeb and players!

jackson vile
09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Time for Federer and Nadal to get with the new technologies or get lost LOL