PDA

View Full Version : How hard was Murray hitting!!

djokovic2008
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
In the second and third sets Murray was crushing the ball on most shots he hit a few 100 mile an hour forehands. I know people will say it was against a lower opponent but it was impressive. If he plays like that he is a threat.

Marcus
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
This is Murray's Slam !!!

jonahnaturals
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
The way he plays Nadal (looking to crack every short ball and go down the line whenever he has a chance on both wings) is how he needs to play against everyone.

Go Murray!

hawk eye
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Murray always hits the crap out of the ball and that costs him.

It's about time he starts pushing just a little bit more..

Fedex
09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
In the second and third sets Murray was crushing the ball on most shots he hit a few 100 mile an hour forehands. I know people will say it was against a lower opponent but it was impressive. If he plays like that he is a threat.

Somdev Dewarman was a very tough 1st round opponent for Murray.
Murray was extremely aggressive, and he had to be otherwise that could easily have ended up being an energy sapping Wawrinka style war of attrition.
And if Murray meets Wawrinka later, he'll have to keep up that aggression.
For Murray to have a chance at this slam, he must finnish off potentially awkward early round opponents quickly so he'll have something in reserve for the semi/final stage, especially with the scheduling giving him one and two days less rest than his main competitors.

mandy01
09-01-2011, 02:20 AM
Somdev Dewarman was a very tough 1st round opponent for Murray.
Murray was extremely aggressive, and he had to be otherwise that could easily have ended up being an energy sapping Wawrinka style war of attrition.
And if Murray meets Wawrinka later, he'll have to keep up that aggression.
For Murray to have a chance at this slam, he must finnish off potentially awkward early round opponents quickly so he'll have something in reserve for the semi/final stage, especially with the scheduling giving him one and two days less rest than his main competitors.
This really doesn't or shouldn't make such a big difference for a 24 year old. Murray has a way of whining and his innuendos regarding Roger were hilarious. Roger almost NEVER played on Monday until 2010, if I'm not mistaken. So Murray really has nothing to complain about.

Bud
09-01-2011, 02:23 AM

I'm watching the replay right now :)

Fedex
09-01-2011, 02:53 AM
This really doesn't or shouldn't make such a big difference for a 24 year old. Murray has a way of whining and his innuendos regarding Roger were hilarious. Roger almost NEVER played on Monday until 2010, if I'm not mistaken. So Murray really has nothing to complain about.

I think you'll find that you are mistaken.
Murray always gets worse scheduling here which is a disadvantage.
And whether you're 24 or not, top level tennis is a very physically demanding sport and one days rest can make a significant difference.
I don't think Murray is complaining about the scheduling this year as a one off event.
This happens to him every year.
If this happened to Federer I would still say it is unfair.

Zildite
09-01-2011, 03:08 AM
And whether you're 24 or not, top level tennis is a very physically demanding sport and one days rest can make a significant difference.
I don't think Murray is complaining about the scheduling this year as a one off event.

Is it that bad? I haven't heard of this before. 2011- day 3, 2010 - day 3, 2009 - day 2, 2008 - day 1 is what I know. These are the years where he been a more legitimate contender
Anyway, he has only made it past the 4th round at the USO one time so how disadvantageous could it have been?

Fedex
09-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Is it that bad? I haven't heard of this before. 2011- day 3, 2010 - day 3, 2009 - day 2, 2008 - day 1 is what I know. These are the years where he been a more legitimate contender
Anyway, he has only made it past the 4th round at the USO one time so how disadvantageous could it have been?

Was that the year he started day 1?

It probably all balances out over the other slams though.

Zildite
09-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Was that the year he started day 1?

It probably all balances out over the other slams though.

It was (three day gap playing 1, then 4) but I don't see how you can take much from it.
The only time you get a shortened schedule there is from the SF to the final. He never made it there the other times, so it was like a normal slam pathway for him.

forthegame
09-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Vid anyone?

Fedex
09-01-2011, 03:43 AM
It was (three day gap playing 1, then 4) but I don't see how you can take much from it.
The only time you get a shortened schedule there is from the SF to the final. He never made it there the other times, so it was like a normal slam pathway for him.

True.
Players like Federer and co know the art of easing through the early stages which is the more important factor.

Bud
09-01-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm watching the replay right now :)

Yeah, he started upping the power on his FH and BH in those last two sets. I got the feeling he's trying to tune up the harder hitting for later rounds.

41 winners to 44 UE's for Murray

Cesc Fabregas
09-01-2011, 04:08 AM
Yeah, he started upping the power on his FH and BH in those last two sets. I got the feeling he's trying to tune up the harder hitting for later rounds.

41 winners to 44 UE's for Murray

Good hitting from Murray but his opponent was struggling to hit the ball past the service line at a perfect height to hit the ball.

Feņa14
09-01-2011, 04:08 AM

I have to agree. Top level tennis is often played between the ears. If you have to win 7, best of 5 matches over a shorter period than your rivals, it's a challenge that you shouldn't really have to face.