PDA

View Full Version : Irina Falconi

Soianka
09-01-2011, 06:57 AM
What do you all think?

I've been following her career for the last couple of years and this win over Dominicka is definitely her biggest.

She keeps moving up, up, up.

She is very fun to watch but the flag thing was a little awkward.

bluetrain4
09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Don't know much about her other than that she played (or plays?) at Georgia Tech. Born in Ecuador, but raised in NYC. Looks like she has a decent game. Was No. 77 coming into the open, so she can be a servicable pro, but have no idea if she can be a solid Top 50 player.

Soianka
09-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Don't know much about her other than that she played (or plays?) at Georgia Tech. Born in Ecuador, but raised in NYC. Looks like she has a decent game. Was No. 77 coming into the open, so she can be a servicable pro, but have no idea if she can be a solid Top 50 player.

She left Georgia Tech after her sophomore year and went pro. She was the #1 college player in the country her sophomore year.

ttbrowne
09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Dom had 56 UE's. Falconi had 41. I want to see Falconi's next match before I get all excited.

Fifth Set
09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I saw the match and, other than that great match point, was not very impressed with Falconi. No big weapons and way too nervous.

Would love to see another young American succeed, but Domi handed Falconi that match.

goober
09-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Too short, no weapons. At best another Bethanie Mattek imo...

Otherside
09-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Any relation to the Falconi thug in Batman Begins?

Moose Malloy
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
does anyone have a link to her match point vs cibulkova? i heard it was a pretty great point.

samurai13
09-02-2011, 11:10 AM
What do you all think?

I've been following her career for the last couple of years and this win over Dominicka is definitely her biggest.

She keeps moving up, up, up.

She is very fun to watch but the flag thing was a little awkward.

it was suuuuuuper awkward

bigjimbofan
09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
it was suuuuuuper awkward

What's with all the anti American sentiment on this board? Seriously ? Like they don't do this in other countries? I suppose then it would be acceptable.This is the US Open for Christssakes.It dosen't bother me when other players do this IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY !

guitarplayer
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
She's a little piggy.

goober
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
What's with all the anti American sentiment on this board? Seriously ? Like they don't do this in other countries? I suppose then it would be acceptable.This is the US Open for Christssakes.It dosen't bother me when other players do this IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY !

Uh its early round US Open. I could may be see it after you win it all, but pulling out flags after an early round win is like somebody pulling out a flag and parading around the stadium after winning qualifying heat in the 100m dash at the Olympics.

Bud
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
She's about to be double-baggeled by Lisicki :)

6-0, 2-0