PDA

View Full Version : Novak Djokovic and Grand Slam Semifinals

McEnroeisanartist
09-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I just noticed that Novak is the only other player along with Ivan Lendl to have 2 separate streaks of reaching at least 5 consecutive Grand Slam semfiinals in his career.

tennisaddict
09-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Someone from Switzerland has 4 such streaks.

Agassifan
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
5+5 < 23......

jackson vile
09-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Novak has done amazingly well, and the year is not over yet.

OddJack
09-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, Djoker amazing,

whats more amazing is that he got into Ralph's head, now thats a hard one.

Ballbashing Grinder
09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
He is also the youngest player in the Open era to have reached the semis of all four majors(20 yrs). I think he'll hold that record for a good time to come. Young players make breakthroughs but it's not often, they make similar strides at all 4 of the Majors(while they're so young) as the stat proves. And the recent youngsters aren't even making one semi. Tomic's QF at Wimbledon was the best run by a young guy in a while.

celoft
09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks. Finally I'm getting the recognition I deserve. :)

You might win a slam or 2 in the future. Some people call you Murray 2.0

:)

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Laughing so hard I had to post this again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fed says to Rafa - "Don't worry man I've got this "- proceeds to take Novak down again!

Two proven champs then meet in the US Open final Fed and Rafa. Who wins, I do not care, adore them both!

Where is Novak while final match is going on? Not laying an egg, but somewhere sitting inside one! Ha! Ha! (sorry I just had to go there )

NadalAgassi
09-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Laughing so hard I had to post this again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fed says to Rafa - "Don't worry man I've got this "- proceeds to take Novak down again!

Two proven champs then meet in the US Open final Fed and Rafa. Who wins, I do not care, adore them both!

Where is Novak while final match is going on? Not laying an egg, but somewhere sitting inside one! Ha! Ha! (sorry I just had to go there )

Federer vs Nadal is predictable if it were to happen. Nadal wins guaranteed. Federer should walk on court anytime he plays Nadal and sign "whos my daddy" before the match. Anyway I doubt either reach the final. It wouldnt even surprise me if neither makes the semis here.

vive le beau jeu !
09-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Tomic's QF at Wimbledon was the best run by a young guy in a while.
the last teenager to reach a QF in a slam was gulbis at RG 2008.
and for finding a QFist younger than tomic, we've got to go back to 1990 !
(chang trying to defend his RG title)

celoft
09-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Anyway I doubt either reach the final. It wouldnt even surprise me if neither makes the semis here.

I concur. Fedal could very well lose in QF at the USO this year.