PDA

View Full Version : Cheating? Nadal using Power plate technology for recovery

Shady_Sawyer
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Their Secret Weapon......Power Plate®

IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams return to the US Open poised to win. After injuries pushed them off the court, both have turned to Power Plate® Acceleration Training™ to up their A-game. A favorite of pro-athletes and training facilities such as Mark Verstegen's Athletes Performance and IMG Academies, Power Plate equipment is scientifically proven to expedite the recovery of damaged muscles and tendons and to reduce muscle pain and soreness.

Hampered by injuries this season, Nadal and Williams have turned to Power Plate Whole Body Vibration to help speed their recovery and increase their endurance. "This is a part of the way I work out regularly," 2nd seed Nadal has said of Power Plate exercise. "At the end, work is what makes you feel satisfaction."

Williams who is seeded 28th stated, "Off court training is as important to me as on court. With Power Plate, I'm able to accelerate my off court training and maximize the benefits."

"We are excited to see Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams compete to win the US Open title. Both are world-class athletes and we are proud to have them on the Power Plate team," commented Mark de Gorter, President of Power Plate North America. "With benefits ranging from increased muscular strength and flexibility to greater balance and stability, we believe their training on Power Plate will lead them both to another win."

Power Plate's Acceleration Training™ stimulates fast-twitch muscle fibers, dramatically increasing athletes' explosive strength, motor learning, muscular endurance and overall agility.

About Power Plate

Used by elite athletes such as tennis greats Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal, and baseball players Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox, Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins and Evan Longoria of the Tampa Bay Rays; celebrities like Courteney Cox, Hilary Swank and Clint Eastwood, and people from all walks of life, Power Plate® equipment benefits include: increased fitness, strength, muscle tone, flexibility, bone density, range of motion, blood circulation and lymphatic system activation. The complete Power Plate line of fitness equipment is designed for health clubs, wellness centers, spas, hospitals, physical therapy and rehabilitation clinics, professional and collegiate athletic training facilities, private fitness trainers and home use. Power Plate is headquartered in Irvine, Calif.

SOURCE Power Plate

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nadal-and-williams-back-and-better-than-ever-128678138.html

CMM
09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Definitely.

http://tenniswire.org/images/pr_images/PowerPlate.jpg

phnx90
09-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I love how despite Serena is also using this tech, you're only accusing Rafa of cheating.

ViscaB
09-02-2011, 01:36 AM
My girlfriend even does powerplate. Not comparable to the pod that is available only to a few rich.

Sentinel
09-02-2011, 01:51 AM
I hear Nadal even sleeps at night for recovery. That's outright scandal, and outrage.

15_ounce
09-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Even I have one of these things. :)

Cool. Are you ready for the Davis Cup, Bernard? :mrgreen:

15_ounce
09-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Hoping to face old man Fed, yeah. Wanted to face him at the US Open though. I don't think Roger's gonna like my game. :twisted:

You should practice at my court in Gold Coast... you won't like my game I'm sure :mrgreen:

ViscaB
09-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Hoping to face old man Fed, yeah. Wanted to face him at the US Open though. I don't think Roger's gonna like my game. :twisted:

Just hit it high to his backhand:).

sureshs
09-02-2011, 06:37 AM
It is clear why Fed is #3 - he does not use eggs and plates

Clarky21
09-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Since when does a powerplate boost red blood cells,causing the person using it to never tire or fatigue? Pointless thread.

SirGounder
09-02-2011, 06:43 AM
I heard other players are using this gnarly new string that gives you mad spin. Now that's cheating!

NamRanger
09-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Since when does a powerplate boost red blood cells,causing the person using it to never tire or fatigue? Pointless thread.

There is no scientific proof that the egg actually increases red blood cell count like EPO does. And two, the machine merely simulates high altitude conditions. If you want to ban the machine you'd have to force players to never go to high altitude areas, because that is basically what the machine is trying to simulate.

Duke26Ace
09-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Djokovic uses the hyperbaric chamber, it increases oxygen and bloodflow to certain areas of the body. This increases the time it takes to repair tissue and muscles as blood is essential for repair. So, if you want to call it "cheating" then Djokovic is right on top. I however do not think it's cheating. With all the tennis these guys play, it is just too hard on the human body. Contrary to popular belief, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are only human. However, it might be a little unfair to the guys who can't afford these treatments. I guess you need to make it to the top first to be able to have the cash to buy one.

Gorecki
09-02-2011, 06:48 AM
just like i said in a deleted thread... Humbalito's contraption is much humble.

Duke26Ace
09-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Djokovic uses the hyperbaric chamber, it increases oxygen and bloodflow to certain areas of the body. This increases the time it takes to repair tissue and muscles as blood is essential for repair. So, if you want to call it "cheating" then Djokovic is right on top. I however do not think it's cheating. With all the tennis these guys play, it is just too hard on the human body. Contrary to popular belief, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are only human. However, it might be a little unfair to the guys who can't afford these treatments. I guess you need to make it to the top first to be able to have the cash to buy one.
Whoops, meant decreases time to repair tissue and such.

NamRanger
09-02-2011, 06:52 AM

It isn't unfair at all. The top guys got to where they are because they worked hard; they didn't just magically appear at the top spots. Lower level guys are at a disadvantaged because they either haven't worked up to where the top guys are, or simply aren't good enough to do it.

Duke26Ace
09-02-2011, 06:53 AM
It isn't unfair at all. The top guys got to where they are because they worked hard; they didn't just magically appear at the top spots. Lower level guys are at a disadvantaged because they either haven't worked up to where the top guys are, or simply aren't good enough to do it.
Yeah, that's why I said you have to make it to the top first with all that hard work. Then you can buy one and perform like superman :)

CDestroyer
09-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Can you imagine the giggling and gyrations of cottage cheese when Serena is on this machine.

Limpinhitter
09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Their Secret Weapon......Power Plate®

IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams return to the US Open poised to win. After injuries pushed them off the court, both have turned to Power Plate® Acceleration Training™ to up their A-game. A favorite of pro-athletes and training facilities such as Mark Verstegen's Athletes Performance and IMG Academies, Power Plate equipment is scientifically proven to expedite the recovery of damaged muscles and tendons and to reduce muscle pain and soreness.

Hampered by injuries this season, Nadal and Williams have turned to Power Plate Whole Body Vibration to help speed their recovery and increase their endurance. "This is a part of the way I work out regularly," 2nd seed Nadal has said of Power Plate exercise. "At the end, work is what makes you feel satisfaction."

Williams who is seeded 28th stated, "Off court training is as important to me as on court. With Power Plate, I'm able to accelerate my off court training and maximize the benefits."

"We are excited to see Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams compete to win the US Open title. Both are world-class athletes and we are proud to have them on the Power Plate team," commented Mark de Gorter, President of Power Plate North America. "With benefits ranging from increased muscular strength and flexibility to greater balance and stability, we believe their training on Power Plate will lead them both to another win."

Power Plate's Acceleration Training™ stimulates fast-twitch muscle fibers, dramatically increasing athletes' explosive strength, motor learning, muscular endurance and overall agility.

About Power Plate

Used by elite athletes such as tennis greats Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal, and baseball players Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox, Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins and Evan Longoria of the Tampa Bay Rays; celebrities like Courteney Cox, Hilary Swank and Clint Eastwood, and people from all walks of life, Power Plate® equipment benefits include: increased fitness, strength, muscle tone, flexibility, bone density, range of motion, blood circulation and lymphatic system activation. The complete Power Plate line of fitness equipment is designed for health clubs, wellness centers, spas, hospitals, physical therapy and rehabilitation clinics, professional and collegiate athletic training facilities, private fitness trainers and home use. Power Plate is headquartered in Irvine, Calif.

SOURCE Power Plate

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nadal-and-williams-back-and-better-than-ever-128678138.html

Are you a Power Plate rep?

MixieP
09-02-2011, 07:01 AM
I hear Nadal even sleeps at night for recovery. That's outright scandal, and outrage.
It's not confirmed by I've heard that he also uses a vibrating slimming belt. Could be that he employs it in conjunction with his unlawful sleeping treatment. Kind of a combo effect.

jmverdugo
09-02-2011, 07:12 AM
My club has 2 of those, they are mainly used by the old guys. Maybe I should give it a try.

MarinaHighTennis
09-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I love using those things at Brookstone...but i always saw it as a stand up massage machine

West Coast Ace
09-02-2011, 07:35 AM
There is no scientific proof that the egg actually increases red blood cell count like EPO does. And two, the machine merely simulates high altitude conditions. If you want to ban the machine you'd have to force players to never go to high altitude areas, because that is basically what the machine is trying to simulate.The difference is that the effect from high altitude subside after a few days when you leave and return sea level. Boxers have been flocking to Big Bear out here in So Cal for decades - 7000 ft. But then they leave a week before the fight and lose the benefits - so it's mostly a mental thing. By having this pod - and I'm not saying it's cheating - you can do it at the event, thus keeping the (alleged) blood improvements.

West Coast Ace
09-02-2011, 08:00 AM
http://tenniswire.org/images/pr_images/PowerPlate.jpgIf she comes with it, I'm buyin'! :)

celoft
09-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Not working for him though.

Gorecki
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM
no wonder Nadal's game has been shaky....

danb
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM

I 've always been suspicious he is doing something like this. CHEATER !!!
And BTW - it seems he also sleeps with either the TV or the lights on - supposedly because he is affraid if dark. What a cheat!!!
:)

ivan_the_terrible
09-02-2011, 08:33 AM

Nalby sez Rafa he no sleep at night, he only play the video game all night long. I believe Nalby, not some guy with a sense of humour on TW :)

_maxi
09-02-2011, 08:37 AM
More likely, the owners of "powerplate" paid Nadal and Serena to say they use their product, and they publicite it.. the source is... "powerplate". No more words.

Dilettante
09-02-2011, 08:45 AM
I think true sportsmen and noble competitors should quit eating.

Mahatma Gandhi liberated a whole nation without eating, don't tell me a bunch of little matches are more demanding than that.

Stop the nasty food cheating. Proteins, vitamins... all that chemical cheater's crap.

NamRanger
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
The difference is that the effect from high altitude subside after a few days when you leave and return sea level. Boxers have been flocking to Big Bear out here in So Cal for decades - 7000 ft. But then they leave a week before the fight and lose the benefits - so it's mostly a mental thing. By having this pod - and I'm not saying it's cheating - you can do it at the event, thus keeping the (alleged) blood improvements.

But it would be the same thing. Being in the egg and then leaving means most likely you will lose the benefits AFTER leaving the egg for an extended period of time. Unless Novak is doing the Egg RIGHT before a match, I highly doubt that he is getting any benefits at all.

kishnabe
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Thank god Federer doesn't publicize fake training tools. It so easy to cheat people in this world....with products that either are of low quality or don't really do what they say.

sureshs
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Played mixed doubles against a couple last week - both were wearing ionic bracelets.

We won (1 set match) thus proving that we could overcome the awesome electromagnetic forces in the Universe which they were channelizing.

West Coast Ace
09-02-2011, 09:17 AM
But it would be the same thing. Being in the egg and then leaving means most likely you will lose the benefits AFTER leaving the egg for an extended period of time. Unless Novak is doing the Egg RIGHT before a match, I highly doubt that he is getting any benefits at all.No. The day before would be fine. Bicyclists were sleeping in the tent the night before a race. It's about 72 hrs for the blood to lose whatever benefits there are.

Ronaldo
09-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Thank god Federer doesn't publicize fake training tools. It so easy to cheat people in this world....with products that either are of low quality or don't really do what they say.

Fed's secret weapon...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

Sentinel
09-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Nalby sez Rafa he no sleep at night, he only play the video game all night long. I believe Nalby, not some guy with a sense of humour on TW :)
Yo Mamma Nadal say Yo Junior sleep with lights on.
I think true sportsmen and noble competitors should quit eating.

Mahatma Gandhi liberated a whole nation without eating, don't tell me a bunch of little matches are more demanding than that.

Stop the nasty food cheating. Proteins, vitamins... all that chemical cheater's crap.
I thought that was Anna Hazare :confused: :)

But yeah, eating health food really is cheating. Now take Serena, she wins slams eating Donuts and burgers and cream pies. Now that's being a real man ! If its in the Food Court, she eats it.

Bjorn99
09-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Ten NHL players and I are bringing something out that makes all this parlour trick bs, look like what it is, parlour trick bs.

Should be able to demo it here in a month or two. Its 500 years beyond the pod that Djokovic is using.

Ronaldo
09-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Yo Mamma Nadal say Yo Junior sleep with lights on.

I thought that was Anna Hazare :confused: :)

But yeah, eating health food really is cheating. Now take Serena, she wins slams eating Donuts and burgers and cream pies. Now that's being a real man ! If its in the Food Court, she eats it.

Seriously, a real man? http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/36/l_729c50554a4742b5b7b38f00c6860e8e.jpg

kanamit
09-03-2011, 08:00 AM
So the bandages on his hands and fingers are from the power plate technology?