PDA

View Full Version : James Riley Blake vs David Ferrer Ern

Tennis_Monk
09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
All match, they just had one ace (from Riley Blake)? That is some match !

Federer>Djokovic>Nadal
09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
You can expect no aces from Ferrer, few from an Blake cause he's old and Ferrer's a good returner. But it was entertaining nonetheless.

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Didn't get to see the match, but was hoping Blake could get the win. Ferrer is always tough, I understand why his fellow Spai***** call him the Bull!

No matter what I will remain a Blake fan! Injuries have robbed him of time throughout his career. Those are the breaks!

BeHappy
09-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Blake has always had an oddly weak serve. Quite a few female players serve as big as him (Henin) or bigger (Stosur, Wiliams sisters).

Bryan Swartz
09-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I don't agree with that -- Blake had a fairly big serve in his heyday. He's lot a lot of pop on all his shots.

LuvTheGame
09-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Blake has always had an oddly weak serve. Quite a few female players serve as big as him (Henin) or bigger (Stosur, Wiliams sisters).

Where in the world did that come from?:shock:

BeHappy
09-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Where in the world did that come from?:shock:

Has Blake ever served over 125mph? I don't think he has.

nethawkwenatchee
09-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Didn't get to see the match, but was hoping Blake could get the win. Ferrer is always tough, I understand why his fellow Spai***** call him the Bull!

Absolutely! I'm American and always wish for the best in any match against Spain or any opposing player but I love watching Ferrer. That guy is a machine. I also find myself pulling for Davydenko and really would love to see him in (pre wrist injury) form again. He's got the tenacity/strength/talent to beat ANYONE (including Nole). It's funny how quickly people forget that a player was solid top five... and for good reason.

nethawkwenatchee
09-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I also find myself pulling for Davydenko and really would love to see him in (pre wrist injury) form again. He's got the tenacity/strength/talent to beat ANYONE (including Nole). It's funny how quickly people forget that a player was solid top five... and for good reason.

Here's what Matt Cronin has to say about the match with Nole:

"I would like to think that this match will be a must see, like it was two years ago when the Russian was a top 5 player and Djokovic was a bit up and down. Davydenko was 28-years-old then, had quick feet and owned deceptively smooth and powerful groundstrokes. In 2009, they split two long three setters, but Djokovic is a far better player than he was then and Davydenko has slipped. Not only is Davydenko aging, but he played so many matches in his career (693 on tour in singles alone) that his body is wearing down.

But that does not mean that on one night, Davydenko cannot hurt the zoned-in Djokovic. He may not be able to run with him, doesn't serve nearly as strong and is lacking a little of the Serbian's groundstroke power, but when he's into matches does everything nearly as well. For whatever reason, I think that the Russian is going to stand up very tall on the day. I don't think he's going to upset the steely Serbian, but I do think that Davydenko is going to draw him into plenty of long rallies and extend him to five. Djokovic smiled wide in his devastation of Carlos Berlocq in the last round, but he won't here until the very last ball. Djokovic will win in a torturous five-set victory"

I'd like to see a test for Nole too but I'm reasonable and this could go one of two ways. I think we'll see very quickly once the match starts.