PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have these statistics?

tango
09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I am on a grand and noble quest to discover, once and for all, whether there slams are, in fact, rigged. I figure if they're going to bother with rigging slams, they might as well give the top 2 seeds easy first round opponents. So does anyone have a VERY easy place to access where I can find the history of the first round opponents of the top seeds AND their ranking at the time? What would be even better is if I could have their ranking points as well. I tried wikipedia but they don't have the ranking of the player at the time. I plan to do a T-Test. So actually I would also need everyone in the draw's rankings at the time; however, if I can't get this, I will use an estimated arithmetic mean for the rankings of all 128 players (and guess about 90-100 or so... suggestions for this are very welcome).
Thank you in advance, you will not be disappointed with my manipulation of numbers.

Mustard
09-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I am on a grand and noble quest to discover, once and for all, whether there slams are, in fact, rigged. I figure if they're going to bother with rigging slams, they might as well give the top 2 seeds easy first round opponents. So does anyone have a VERY easy place to access where I can find the history of the first round opponents of the top seeds AND their ranking at the time? What would be even better is if I could have their ranking points as well. I tried wikipedia but they don't have the ranking of the player at the time. I plan to do a T-Test. So actually I would also need everyone in the draw's rankings at the time; however, if I can't get this, I will use an estimated arithmetic mean for the rankings of all 128 players (and guess about 90-100 or so... suggestions for this are very welcome).
Thank you in advance, you will not be disappointed with my manipulation of numbers.

It will time and research to find out all that, but try the ATPworldtour.com website.

You can start with the link below, showing Nadal's 2011 results:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Rafael-Nadal.aspx?t=pa

Tennis_Monk
09-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I just need one piece of info. What is the Shortest Five setter match in history of tennis ?
(we all know the longest...yea the Mahut vs Isner at Wimbledon)

Mustard
09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I just need one piece of info. What is the Shortest Five setter match in history of tennis ?
(we all know the longest...yea the Mahut vs Isner at Wimbledon)

I'm not sure about this, but a match that comes to mind is the 1995 Wimbledon semi final between Sampras and Ivanisevic. Sampras won 7-6, 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, in just 153 minutes.

tango
09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
It will time and research to find out all that, but try the ATPworldtour.com website.

You can start with the link below, showing Nadal's 2011 results:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Rafael-Nadal.aspx?t=pa

This is good! This is a start. Also I will break it down by slam, in case some are rigged and some are not. But this unfortunately does not have ranking points. The thing is, I'm not sure who speaks statistics, but points is ratio data and ranking is only ordinal data. So I will get much better results using points instead of ranking. But this is already much appreciated because it has a lot of data on one page.