PDA

View Full Version : Sock vs. Harrison (forehand)

willshot
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Looks like they both have similar forehands. Who's is better? I say sock has a bit more beef on it than Harrison.

OddJack
09-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Sock will have the better career, more power with less effort, better built, better attitude, more mature

willshot
09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Sock will have the better career, more power with less effort, better built, better attitude, more mature

Agreed! I'm a new fan.

Agassi-Fan
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Seems like Sock is more agressive all together. Sock was Averaging forehands around 75mph during his match with Roddick.

Harrison has a lot of weapons too, but seems like he is content to scrap in the back of the court too much.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
09-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Sock's forehand seems to be much more potent to me. Harrison doesn't seem to be able to generate as hard a rally ball. Frankly, I haven't seen Harrison try to hit a winner enough to judge who can hit a harder forehand.

What I really enjoyed tonight was Sock's on court demeanor. He seem to be very professional and humble. I also loved seeing him come to the net.

drakulie
09-02-2011, 08:26 PM

agreed, he is a more rounded player with fantsatic hands, and has a much better backhand.

TennisCoachFLA
09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I have seen Sock play several times as a junior and spent a year in Sarasota where we saw Harrison at IMG 3 times a week.

Harrison is a super intense and well coached tennis player with a nice amount of talent.....Sock is the kid that would show up to the playground and without breaking a sweat dominate the hoops game. Pure natural athletic talent in a calm, at times nonchalant package.

They will be a fascinating experiment to watch, a super hard working guy who made himself into a great player with solid fundamental coaching vs a guy who is a freak natural talent.

OddJack
09-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Over all he appears "more natural" on court, sock.

Haris is older but he looks like he still has some baby fat on him.

TenFanLA
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Harrison's FH is limited by his female T. Rex left hand position.

drakulie
09-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Harrison is a super intense and well coached tennis player

aren't they all?

willshot
09-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Harrison's FH is limited by his female T. Rex left hand position.

you know..... thats a good observation.

Ambivalent
09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Sock's got a lot of promise. He constructs points very well and knows how to finish, something American players have struggled with (even Roddick). I can see him as a top 25 player in a year or two when he cuts back on the unforced errors. He also has a great serve and natural looking volleys. He just needs to work on his footwork and depth, especially on the forehand.

Clay lover
09-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Sock's forehand motion is VERY abbrieviated. Seems like something in common between all the up and coming American players. Him, Ryan Harrison, Steve Johnson...they have a similar forehand motion. Just a simple takeback, drop the racquet head, and a short and fast WW motion. Effective and compact but not very good on the eye (at least my eyes).

Whereas when you look at the forehands of the European and South American players, they all look VERY personalized. (Just ask Fedal, Djokovic, Verdasco, Gonzalez etc.) Anything to do with the American training system?