PDA

View Full Version : No Fish night session again?

jokinla
09-03-2011, 08:56 AM
All the favorites have had night sessions, Roddick has had 2 and again no night session for Fish, wtf? I am guessing he doesn't want to play at night because it is slower and he has told the tourney this, but other than that why as the top American has he still not gotten a prime time match?

PED
09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
I would imagine it's all down to TV ratings.

Fish is playing great right now but he still doesn't have the box office appeal of an Arod, Serena, Rafa, etc.

Not saying it's fair but.....

Cormorant
09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Whatever the reason, it's suiting him perfectly so far. The guy's on a mission at the moment, laying waste to inferior opposition, and will probably get through three tough sets against Anderson without losing one.

With his record of grand slam disappointments, he'll no doubt be content to navigate the early rounds without much fuss. Rest assured, he'll feature on the night session when he gets to the fourth round.

Tammo
09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Well if he plays Tsong that really should be the night match. But yeah, they seem to only put seeds 1-5 on at night, or Americans.

West Coast Ace
09-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Whatever the reason, it's suiting him perfectly so far.+1. Especially since they all say the conditions get slower at night. With Fish's game, he wants the fastest track he can get. So he shouldn't be complaining. Plus, get your match over, back to the city for a good dinner at a nice restaurant to keep the Mrs. happy, so she keeps him happy. :)

rossi46
09-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Depends on the tides

Lemoned
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
He usually requests a day match, when he plays in the States. It suits his game and he doesn't have a problem with dealing with the heat which may work to the opponent's disadvantage.

onyxrose81
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
He doesn't like night matches.

SoBad
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
They rigged the draw and schedule to give Fish a chance at the second week. Come on, who was that Al Jazeera guy he played?:lol: How is he pro ranked? His father delivered barrels of oil to those umpire wives backyards in Tunisse?

jokinla
09-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm sure the Tsonga match will end up at night, but if Fish's choice is to play during the day, then hopefully that will continue.