PDA

View Full Version : Rules for making a hawk-eye challenge

christos_liaskos
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
The one that really annoys me is when they have a serve called out and they walk all the way to the net to try and look at the mark on the other side.

Even if there was a mandatory stopwatch that had to be stuck to when making a challenge I think the players should not be allowed to walk over their own service line when deciding whether to challenge in such an instance

Praetorian
09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
So you're against a person making certainty of whether they should use one of their precious few challenges???

Manus Domini
09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I agree with the OP. Anything that annoys Christos Liaskos should be made illegal in tennis. Reason should be completely discarded in this matter, as Liaskos' word is absolute. :)

christos_liaskos
09-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree with the OP. Anything that annoys Christos Liaskos should be made illegal in tennis. Reason should be completely discarded in this matter, as Liaskos' word is absolute. :)

Sounds about right to me :). Just to point out that people who beat me also annoy me, so I think a few million people need to be band from playing tennis :).

In all seriousness though, I'm not 100% certain if I'm right in what I suggested. I just went with the initial gut feeling that I get when I see a player doing it. I didn't try and spend too long analyzing it as to whether I was right or not. After all, that is what the challenge system is meant to be used for. Not over-analyzing and taking hours to make your decision. If the ball felt good when it left your racket or if it looked in or out when when it landed then challenge, otherwise move on