PDA

View Full Version : So this is how you can get out of trouble on any point

Defcon
09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
You're break point down, you're losing ground in the rally and are sure to lose the point. What do you do?

Simple - let the ball in your pocket slip out !! This can be done easily without anyone noticing. Automatic point replay !!

magnut
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Yup! Just dont step on it.

Zildite
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
It would only work once though, second time on is a point penalty right?

Tennis_Monk
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Is this real ?. I thought general USTA ruling is that if the hinderance is caused by something in players control, then this player cannot claim interferance/hinderance. Opponent can if he feels he got distracted. He has to stop play and The call has to made immediately.

Last i checked, a ball kept in players pocket is something under that players control.

May be i am missing something here.

Bud
09-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Is this real ?. I thought general USTA ruling is that if the hinderance is caused by something in players control, then this player cannot claim interferance/hinderance. Opponent can if he feels he got distracted. He has to stop play and The call has to made immediately.

Last i checked, a ball kept in players pocket is something under that players control.

May be i am missing something here.

IIRC, the first time it happens it's a let. The second time it's the opponent's point.

Tshooter
09-03-2011, 07:42 PM
"It would only work once though, second time on is a point penalty right?"

Second time is a point penalty.

It happened to Monaco in a fourth round US Open match against Djokovic -- in a tiebreaker. If you want to see his reaction to losing the point, I've got a photo for you:

www.protennisphotos.com

US Open 2007 > See image 43 of 60

TonyB
09-03-2011, 07:42 PM
1st time: Let.

2nd time: Point penalty.

3rd time: FORFEIT.

Pretty harsh, but effective.

pvaudio
09-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I thought it was that on match point when your opponent is on serve that you decide you want a fresh stick to return with. Quite honestly, that was the world's greatest example of gamesmanship.

zapvor
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I thought it was that on match point when your opponent is on serve that you decide you want a fresh stick to return with. Quite honestly, that was the world's greatest example of gamesmanship.

hahaha yea. wait......next time i am down....;)

TopFH
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Great site, Tshooter!

vive le beau jeu !
09-04-2011, 03:56 AM
you can also try to lose the pearls you're wearing in your hair... ;)
(just kidding... i know it was unintentionnal from venus !)

Manus Domini
09-04-2011, 05:21 AM

who pulled that one?

Tshooter
09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
TopFH, thank you.