PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel pulled programming from Cablevision!!!

GOAT BAAH!!!
09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
What the hell...!!!

Why weren't we notified of this?!!!??!!!?!!?

at the stroke of midnight my channel was gone....

They did not renew the agreement...

a disgrace, an scandal, a outrage...as TT says...
:evil: :mad::cry:

FedExpress 333
09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I am sorry.

BUT I GOT TIME WARNER CABLE SUCKER!!!!

jk,jk. Call them up, now.

BreakPoint
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey, at least you got to see the entire Djoker-Davydenko match before they pulled the plug. :)

MichaelNadal
09-03-2011, 10:41 PM
What the hell...!!!

That really sucks man, I'd be ****ed.

SLD76
09-03-2011, 11:21 PM
that is truly ridiculous.

If I were you Id ask for some of my money back.

Time to get direct tv my friend.

DRII
09-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes sir, i would get DTV if at all possible. I blame Cablevison more so than TC...

But if they hear enough of an outcry, cablevison will put TC back on, and on the same tier as the golf channel...

dirtballer
09-04-2011, 03:39 AM
I know that TTC sued Comcast becasue they were placed on a sports tier instead of the regular channels. Maybe they also had some type of feud with Cablevision.

SLD76
09-04-2011, 03:55 AM
we have comcast in my neck of the woods and its the same story. TTC suing comcast for putting it on a higher tier of cable. you have to purchase some sort of sport package to get it when you can get the worthless golf channel with basic cable.

Bartelby
09-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Our Ford has decreed what you will watch and what you will like.

Winner_DownTheLine
09-04-2011, 04:40 AM
What do you guys think about Direct TV? Is it good?

Manus Domini
09-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Our Ford has decreed what you will watch and what you will like.

Ah, the beauty of this Brave New World! :)

dirkpitt38
09-04-2011, 06:05 AM

I switched in July and like it better than Comcast. I like the 6 channel option that they have for the US Open. Only draw back is I live in Florida and when we have a storm it sometimes drops the signal. Like the price too. I was paying way to much for Comcast.

chay337
09-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Here's the link..

http://optimum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2784/kw/tennis%20channel/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxNTE0NTk1OS9zaWQvNS1VVzlmRGs%3D

topsltennis
09-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Same thing happened to me. I'm with Mediacom, poof, gone, as of yesterday, no warning.

West Coast Ace
09-04-2011, 07:18 AM
What do you guys think about Direct TV? Is it good?No, it's not good. It's Awesome. The Mix, selecting from 5 matches to watch - with announcers who aren't the ESPN ones - is great.

OP, too bad.

Devilito
09-04-2011, 08:28 AM
people still have cable and dish and stuff? That' what the internet is for. Cancel it and never look back

achokshi99
09-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Yeah this sux so bad. I just wish there was a way the internet could dissintermediate the cable and sat cos, this is assinine. We have the same pipes going to the home yet we pay some middleman to let us pick what we can watch despite wanting to pay for the damn thing. we just need all of these content providers to have their own ip address that a tv can access over the internet.

BreakPoint
09-04-2011, 08:59 AM
people still have cable and dish and stuff? That' what the internet is for. Cancel it and never look back
Watching TV on the Internet sucks. Besides, most of the good and live stuff is not available. Could you see the Wimbledon final in the U.S. live on the Internet? Nope. And who wants to watch a fuzzy picture that jitters and freezes and skips and the audio doesn't sync with the video?

Sid_Vicious
09-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Maybe if you have a very powerful computer with a 24 inch plus display. Watching tennis on my 13 inch laptop sucks.

BreakPoint
09-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Maybe if you have a very powerful computer with a 24 inch plus display. Watching tennis on my 13 inch laptop sucks.
Plus a very high speed internet connection that probably costs as much as cable or satellite TV per month.

dirkpitt38
09-04-2011, 10:04 AM
No, it's not good. It's Awesome. The Mix, selecting from 5 matches to watch - with announcers who aren't the ESPN ones - is great.

OP, too bad.

You nailed it. I wished I would have switched when Direct got the Tennis Channel.

marc45
09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
god, i just found out my tc is gone too!....fortunate to have it almost from day one, first with time-warner, then armstrong...now what, dish or direct?...damnit.

dirtballer
09-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I think TTC needs to get a powerful partner like the Golf Channel has. Isn't Golf Channel owned by NBC? If they had a powerful partner, cable companies would show them more respect.

Cup8489
09-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Same thing happened to me. I'm with Mediacom, poof, gone, as of yesterday, no warning.

same here. Mediacom, all of a sudden gone. I'm just glad we stopped paying for the sports pack months ago.. I can just watch what I wanna see on Espn on my xbox.

Mediacom, in general sucks ***, though.

dirtballer
09-04-2011, 01:51 PM
According to a link on another post, TTC pulled the channel off the systems because they wouldn't offer the channel on basic cable.

Fifth Set
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Is this a serious question?!

DirecTV is the only way to go if you like sports. Available content, including HD, is absolutely superior.

Criticism of DirecTV only comes from those who aren't doing it right. Do not expect to subscribe to every pro sports program and get a tiny bill. Supervise your installer pretty closely so that the dish is in a good spot (e.g., hidden away from front of street, with clear view of southern sky) and, if you live in a windy area, braced extremely well.

That said, I think Tennis Channel has been pretty aggressive in contract negotiations. So, I'm not sure that any provider will be immune from problems with them.

813wilson
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
And....

I'm out with my wife today and she reads "Verizon FIOS is no longer broadcasting the Tennis Channel...."

What is going on?

I just returned home, turned on FIOS to watch recorded play from today and went to TC. Verified - no signal.

marc45
09-04-2011, 03:23 PM
same here. Mediacom, all of a sudden gone. I'm just glad we stopped paying for the sports pack months ago.. I can just watch what I wanna see on Espn on my xbox.

Mediacom, in general sucks ***, though.i'm debating cancelling my pack but will give it maybe a month to see if they work out a deal, then on to satellite

Winner_DownTheLine
09-04-2011, 03:23 PM
we have time warner and TC is still on

marco forehand
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Tennis Channel is playing hard ball with some of the cable companies. They have been asking the cable companies to pay more for TTC, negotiations have been going on for a while, they are unsatisfied with the progress and decided they need YOU to be ****ed off at the cable companies.
I am not sure who's side to take here. I generally am inclined to be on the side of the little guy (TTC in this fight) but taking the US Open away from me so I'll ***** to Verizon doesn't endear me to the Tennis Channel.
And the worst part is , I don't seem to be able to live stream video from the US Open site !

813wilson
09-04-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.multichannel.com/article/473245-Tennis_Channel_No_Longer_On_Verizon_FiOS_Cablevisi on_s_Lineups.php

West Coast Ace
09-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Tennis Channel...have been asking the cable companies to pay more for TTC,...They're also trying to tell providers how to package it - that's where they're going over the line. I thought once they got rid of the original CEO Bellamy, they would be ok. But looks like Delusions of Grandeur have set in with the current team too.

Repeat after me: DirecTV. (it even rhymes!)

ttbrowne
09-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Tennis Channel is playing hard ball with some of the cable companies. They have been asking the cable companies to pay more for TTC, negotiations have been going on for a while, they are unsatisfied with the progress and decided they need YOU to be ****ed off at the cable companies.
I am not sure who's side to take here. I generally am inclined to be on the side of the little guy (TTC in this fight) but taking the US Open away from me so I'll ***** to Verizon doesn't endear me to the Tennis Channel.
And the worst part is , I don't seem to be able to live stream video from the US Open site !

IF Tennis Channel is going to make it, it needs to be a tier 1 channel (offered on basic cable). It cannot make it being offered as a tier 3 (consumers paying extra and the cable companies keeping the money). If you want the TC then be on the side of TC cause otherwise when TC goes away, that's it. You'll see tennis only on ESPN and CBS. And we all know what that will be like...no tennis at all.

Thepowerofchoice
09-04-2011, 05:02 PM
i'm debating cancelling my pack but will give it maybe a month to see if they work out a deal, then on to satellite

I'm wondering if I can cancel Verizon eventhough I'm in 2 years contract since they pulled a stun like this?

Winner_DownTheLine
09-04-2011, 05:07 PM
IF Tennis Channel is going to make it, it needs to be a tier 1 channel (offered on basic cable). It cannot make it being offered as a tier 3 (consumers paying extra and the cable companies keeping the money). If you want the TC then be on the side of TC cause otherwise when TC goes away, that's it. You'll see tennis only on ESPN and CBS. And we all know what that will be like...no tennis at all.

How can TTC get on Tier 1? do they need to pay extra for it?

DRII
09-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I thought TC just had an issue with cablevision. So it with many cable providers. Not all of us can get Dtv, especially if your apartment complex doesn't allow it. This is not good, so far my cable still has TC...

pc1
09-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Verizon Fios pulled Tennischannel also. :(

West Coast Ace
09-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm wondering if I can cancel Verizon eventhough I'm in 2 years contract since they pulled a stun like this?I would be shocked if there weren't some part of the contract stating no guarantee that all the channels that are part of the package when you sign will be there for the duration of the contract. If you don't mind a hit on your credit rating, cancel. Or at least call Verizon and ask for some price reduction - or for them to give you some package as compensation. Worth a shot - but don't get your hopes up. Good luck.

gplracer
09-04-2011, 08:04 PM
ESPN 3 is great. I built a computer that looks like a dvd player and it is in the rack. It sends HD sports to the plasma tv.

tangerine
09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I have Cablevision too and was ****ed to see they dumped TC. :evil:

And my back-up cable plan, Verizon Fios, has also dumped TC.

I'm unable to get Direct TV where I live, so I'm out of luck getting any TC at all. :sad:

EKnee08
09-05-2011, 05:27 AM
What the hell...!!!

I am a cable vision subscriber and we were notified of the possibility before the Open began. In fact, I started a whole thread on the issue in the Odds & Ends section.
In the thread there are links to articles in the NYT regarding this issue.

It just plain sucks.

rh310
09-05-2011, 06:32 AM
FiOS customer here.

So, do we call TC and yell, the cable companies and yell, or both and yell?

Ronaldo
09-05-2011, 09:01 AM
AT&T U-Verse still has TTC, and in HD.

BreakPoint
09-05-2011, 10:15 AM
AT&T U-Verse still has TTC, and in HD.
What's the lowest and cheapest package you have to subscribe to to get TTC on U-Verse? Do you have to pay extra for a sports package to get TTC like with Comcast?

Ronaldo
09-05-2011, 10:36 AM
What's the lowest and cheapest package you have to subscribe to to get TTC on U-Verse? Do you have to pay extra for a sports package to get TTC like with Comcast?

Need to pay extra for the sports package.

BreakPoint
09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Need to pay extra for the sports package.
Thanks. Do you know how much the U-Verse sports package is? On Comcast, they've raised the price for the sports package twice in the past two years to $8.00. :(

Ronaldo
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks. Do you know how much the U-Verse sports package is? On Comcast, they've raised the price for the sports package twice in the past two years to $8.00. :(

You must subscribe to the highest tier to get TTC. Shirley, TTC is not long on U-verse. Best deal is with Direct TV.

SLD76
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow, seems like a TC halocaust.

Yeah, write and ***** at your cable provider to make TC a tier one channel.

If you cant get directv...I am so sorry.
Thankfully, at my house we made the switch in May and I am so glad.

Doublebounce
09-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I have optimum triple play.... I can't switch to direct tv!

Banger
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Fios customer here also. We are getting down to the later tournaments so i think CBS and ESPN should cover the matches and if not then stream espn3 thru xbox. They are still in negotiations with ttc but what im worried about is the master series. Nobody televises them except TTC i think.

FuriousYellow
09-06-2011, 10:30 AM

For tennis fans, nothing beats it.

Just like when you first got Tennis Channel and ESPN and CBS were no longer adequate for tennis, once you've watched the slams with the DIRECTV mix-channels everything else will seem inadequate.

Sometimes it's too much tennis. By the time, the Federer match came on last night, I couldn't watch any more.

ttbrowne
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I will never go to DirectTV. Cox is the best cable system I've ever had. They're constantly adding new stuff for free and you know the fees going in. I talked to DirectTV and it was charge here ,charge there and oh, if you want that channel it will cost you this.
You can't even get into Direct TV's website without giving them your zip code!!
Go to the Cox website and it's easy.
Tennis Channel on two seperate channels too.