PDA

View Full Version : PowerAngle racquets anyone?

junelay
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Is there any pro player who plays with this diagonal stick? i think not, but please do answer my question, thanks! :)

P.S - Any of you hitting with this stick? If you do, tell me how it is!

Swingman
07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I just demoed it this week. Put it down after 10 minutes. It was too light and had very little power. Spin potential was good and it was comfortable. However, it felt like it was getting knocked around by anything with 3/4 pace and above. I was quite surprised by this because the weight is very similar to a 300G but was no where near as stable. And the 300G is not that stable in stock form. I guess I could experiment with some lead tape but after looking at the crazy string pattern (I string my own) and the high price - I don't think I'm going to even bother. BTW I'm demoing the LM Prestige MP also this week. My regular playing racquet has been the RDX 500 MP over the past 3 months. I was hoping the Powerangle would give me more control, less power while still being comfortable. However, I had less control on heavier balls and too little power. Bottom line - It's too freaky for me. For reference, I'm a strong 4.5 player with long strokes, one-handed back hand.

junelay
07-08-2005, 01:40 AM
thanks for the reply Swingman, i guess i wouldn´t bother either :)

Ryoma Kun
07-08-2005, 01:45 AM
i hear roger federer will be using it at the US Open.... wherever it is to be played