PDA

View Full Version : I love TW, but...

mxblink
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
...this last ordering experience has been less than what I expected. Last Thursday (9/1) I ordered two racquets from TW, but I made a mistake in the order and had to change it the next day (Friday 9/2). The change was communicated to TW, confirmed by the customer service rep, and was updated on the order status page. The updated order was shipped that Friday. I received the order on Wednesday (9/7 - no shipping on Labor Day), and discovered that the change I had requested had not been made. I called TW that Wednesday, and they agreed to send out a replacement order ASAP. First I was told the replacements would be sent out on Thursday. I ordered 1-day shipping for Friday arrival, because I really needed the racquets over the weekend. On Thursday, when the racquets were not shipped, I called TW to find out that the racquets could only be sent out on Friday at earliest. I spoke with a customer service rep, who agreed to upgrade the shipping from overnight standard to overnight priority shipping with weekend delivery (which I greatly appreciated!). Looking at the order status page, an update was made indicating the new shipping arrangement. Unfortunately, when the items shipped today, I looked at the shipping to find that the order had been shipped overnight standard, and not the overnight priority that had been agreed upon. Not only that, but the note on the order status page, indicating the Saturday delivery agreement, had been removed! I wish I had taken a screenshot of it, and never thought that such a note could be unilaterally erased.

I'm not just posting this to rant. My issue here is that this problem didn't have to happen. When I spoke with another customer representative today, they told me there was probably some mistake or miscommunication. They said that the priority shipping agreement may not have really even been allowed, as TW does not normally offer weekend delivery, and thus the shipping agreement may have been canceled. Even ignoring the initial mess-up with the original order (mistakes happen, I understand that), my problem is that all of the customer reps I spoke with told me that if any problems or changes arose with my order, I would be notified asap. This did not happen, both with the Thursday --> Friday shipping change, and the change to the shipping method. If money had been the issue, I would have gladly paid a little more for the Saturday shipping, because I really needed the racquets this weekend. Instead, the shipping agreement was changed without my notification, even after I specifically worked out that agreement with a customer representative. TW, in the future, please please please notify customers if changes are made, ESPECIALLY if such notifications are promised! We rely upon what we're told by the customer service representatives, and if those words change without our knowledge, what are we supposed to do?

TW Staff
09-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. I have forwarded this post to our Customer Service Managers, and they will be in contact with you. I know it is too late to make things right for your current order, but we will do what we can to make it up to you as well as make sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Jason, TW