PDA

View Full Version : you're up to sets to none....

bdawg
07-08-2005, 03:18 AM
okay, you're up two sets to none and up a break. You're playing on a hardcourt.

you get up to serve, and you're in cruise control. you hit a first serve in, and all of a sudden your opponent hits a return winner. you serve again and another return winner goes by you...

who would you least would like to be playing at this moment.

Pushmaster
07-08-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't think it really matters which of those guys I'd play because I'd still get smoked the remainder of the match, but for the sake of playing along with this fantasy I'll pick Federer (if I'm going to make a fool out of myself, it might as well be by the best). Final score; Pushmaster vs. Federer 6-X, 6-X, 1-6, 0-6, 0-6!

timmyboy
07-08-2005, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't play any of them but if i chose one, it'd be... Chang. cuz all the others have gotten at least 3rd. i'd hate to play sampras, cuz he's an idol of mine.

bdawg
07-08-2005, 03:52 AM
i should point out that you were kicking butt the first two sets.... so for the sake of this little fantasy please play along :P

Grimjack
07-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Nadal, because I'd hate to lose 72 straight points to a man in capris. (And let's face it, I'm going to lose the next 72 points to anybody on that list.)

Grimjack
07-08-2005, 05:55 AM
i'd hate to play sampras, cuz he's an idol of mine.

It's funny, but I'd love to play him for exactly the same reason.

fantom
07-08-2005, 07:02 AM
I chose Agassi. At his peak, he was in such good condition that he would still be fresh at the end of the 5th set. I would be so dog-tired after the first two sets (and part of the 3rd) because of all the running I had to do to get to that point in the match. Even though I won those sets, it would have taken so much out of me that I wouldn't be able to physically stay in the match.

littlelleyton
07-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Sampras, Mr Cool himself. They all have the game to do it but i think at his peak(the 7-or so years of it) he just wouldnt have been phased at any score.

DariusRaiden
07-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Pistol Pete, no question. He makes things happen so quickly, when I've seen him come from behind before, you hardly notice anything has happened. I would love to know how that feels for an opponent.

Grimjack
07-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Pistol Pete, no question. He makes things happen so quickly, when I've seen him come from behind before, you hardly notice anything has happened. I would love to know how that feels for an opponent.

Then why would he be the last one you'd want to face?

x Southpaw x
07-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I chose Pete Sampras because against a Serve & Volleyer, I would have no chance at anything. Against everyone else, at least I get to practice my running and retrieving skills hahaha. Then bdawg suddenly said it was a fantasy and I was kicking ***. So if I could re-choose, I say Federer. His comeback in the 5-set match against Nadal and how he did it is just soooo scary.(the sudden outbreak yell of emotion that shattered nadal's angel wings)

Oh and if it was Federer, I'm going to start to dive volleying a lot against his passing shots. O____O"

jaap deboeck
07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I remember watching Medvedev up two sets to none against Andre at Garros. In the 3rd set I sensed Andre would win without further trouble. Against Todd Martin at the Open I knew Andre would prevail no matter what the score. Against Yevgeni in Melbourne the 1st set loss meant nothing. He became, post '98, the ultimate grinder and more physical than the others. The others might come back and win with shot making, but Andre would grind you to dust.