PDA

View Full Version : I need shoe help...Pro Staff Mesh?

RipinRandy
04-27-2004, 04:53 PM
I need some new shoes, but I don't have much money. I am hard on my feet and shoes, so no Big 5 for me. :) I scramble alot when I play so i need a stable shoe. I only have one club nearby and they cater to small feet. I keep looking through the sale section here at TW, but again all small sizes. I need a 11.5 or 12, depending on the shoe. Do the PS meshes have good stability? I want to spend less than $60. I could spend more if they were guaranteed
, though. Are there othere shoes I should look at??

Thanks for any help :-D

lemons
04-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes, the original Pro Staffs have good stability. I like them as they were the best tennis shoe around once upon a time. They are, however, quite old school. The Pro Staffs are clunky compared to today's shoes. They are heavier and feel bulkier. Also, they have a thinner EVA midsole compared to todays thicker polyurethane midsoles.

Among the sale shoes, I think the Prince Quicktrack SE shoes are a steal at $29. I also like the Prince Quicktrack Ti 1.0's, which are a little more. Among the shoes with a warranty guarantee, you might consider the Fila Open Speed 2's. I think Fila offers a 7-month guarantee, which I have collected before.

RipinRandy
04-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the reply, lemons. I was looking at the Prince QT SE shoes, but I need a 12--closest they have is a 13. I think I'll try the Filas, much more fashionable than the Prostaffs. And only $32.98 a pair if they wear out within 7 months.